1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OctoBrrrrrr, it's getting cold! Speculation thread.

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Jul 27, 2020.

1. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

meikyoushisui
    Where do I wrote that is the only cool diverse?
    "personal problem" why so personal Mate :)?
    Just have some artistic education, was into custom painting culture, jep gross pinups. Still enjoy art end yes most woman as main focus. Grow in times when fellas was not offended by feelings and toys but by headbutt. :)
    Probably lost in translation gorgeous maybe should be perfect. But still don't get what make some of you sick.

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Translation: in times when the norms were different, people were expected to conform to them, and feelings were ridiculed. Especially male ones. The times moved on, and for the best.

chaos11, Solar, YTonic and 6 others like this.
  3. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

If its bootleg, I wouldnt even have minded the Tech Bee. But as a regular released figure for the actual game, which is about firefights, both the Bee and a bare chested Achilles are just stupid and break immersion.

Xeurian, Golem2God, Teleute and 2 others like this.
  4. McDevil

Stiopa Mate
    Its like your opinion. I kinda like lots(not all) from past.

5. Stiopa

Of course it's my opinion, and I like many things from the past as well. But not this particular one.

People have different sensibilities, and ridiculing others instead of trying to understand their perspective isn't a virtue.

Asreon_, Solar, meikyoushisui and 3 others like this.
  6. McDevil

There was no mean intention from my side. Maybe just that power armor comment. If somebody feel offended, well I'm sorry.
    Looks like having different opinions can hurt somebody. Just if I want the same power armor size no boobs plate and helmets. I will collect space marines. :)
    Anyway I crack to bed.
    Have fun with today N4 drop.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Doubt 1,50 Mt 40 kilo actresses are gonna get into Special Forces as a rule, and excusing obvious blatant dimorfism using extraordinary exception (as I'm sure will exist somewhere) is rather disingenuous

Dragonstriker and Teleute like this.
  8. Stiopa

None implied

And yeah, N4 looks FUN

#648 Stiopa, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Teleute likes this.
  9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Well if you like cringy fanservice minis all that power to you, but don't give me that shit about "the female body is gorgeous and should be shown" and specially don't try to excuse it with some flamboyant art premise. Both male and female bodies have been depicted in art for ages, but we still dont go around naked and our soldiers don't fight showing their cheecks don't they? And how are you not advocating for the male HI to show their chest, butts and packages if you are giving me that lame art excuse?

Also love all the trumpian discourse about people feeling offended about wanker design in dolls/miniatures (not specially in Infinity, but in a lot of "nerd" products). Finding something distasteful /= being offended.

#649 Benkei, Sep 25, 2020
    chaos11, Solar, Dragonstriker and 5 others like this.
  10. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

GiTs is kind of a perfect example. In the manga, there was straight up pin-up style art at points but this style wasn't deemed serious enough for the translation into a broader reaching anime. Especially one by Mamoru Oshii, who had a history of making films more serious than their source material (Urusei Yatsura and Patlabor). In the films, the Major was dressed near nude when needed for combat (optical camo, mind-machine interfaces) but this was used to make a posthumanist point about how much the body would matter to a cyborg like her. It wasn't particularly fetish fuel and when they did zoom in on her body in the film it was often for scenes like her muscles bulging and ripping while fighting the mech. Stand Alone Complex went even further by having her be in full tactical gear when called for.

As for other anime, yes, boob plate and the like is most certainly more common than not. But Infinity doesn't have to choose to look like Queen's Blade or, bleh, Keijo when better and more interesting examples exist in the medium. Like that Appleseed image you posted. Only thing off about that one is the breast plate and it isn't that noticeable given the rest of the gear.

That was quite the goalpost you moved there, careful when lifting heavy things. I only mentioned myself but I have plenty more examples. I'm from the generation raised with anime, so if there is any mini game women my age are likely to take a look at, Infinity is it. It's an audience that could definitely be enticed to the game's benefit.

I have quite a few friends I've tried to get into Infinity. It is already difficult enough getting new people into an expensive hobby but having to also explain some of the sculpts makes it harder. You are right that it's easier with the RPG (and RPGs in general) both because of the cost and because you can tune the aesthetics and tone of the game to your choosing. But blaming the difficulty of women joining the hobby on the rule density is getting a bit close to saying "Infinity is a man's game." And that doesn't seem to be CB's attitude at the moment given they are trying to make things more accessible, such as though Code One.

We got the literal Casanova and he looks like a used car salesman. So I don't think CB is that interested in titillating people who like men but, hey, if they want to then the Bootleg line would be perfect for that, as others have said. Honestly I wish they did more with that line. As beach episodes are to anime, Bootleg could be to N4. Cordoning it off in that way would probably satisfy a lot of folks.

#650 Teleute, Sep 25, 2020
  11. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Quite curious that hasn't happened and it's not gonna happen, right? Kinda what the whole thing is about

Graves and Teleute like this.
  12. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Bootleg is basically dead at this point. Probably because "the sales figures weren't good"...kinda like the actual offerings. It's a really great concept but the models that got offered? Nothing ever really seemed to 'click'.

They had talked about some really cool concepts like damaged Knights with bits of field repairs, half-'transformed' Impersonation troopers, etc. All we ever really got was Cheesecake plus Scarface.

13. McDevil

Benkei
    My point with art was that female act become much more popular then male. And lots of peoples enjoy that. And don't feel sicknes. Im almost sure that CB are not ashamed about work of Victoria Frances and more popular Luis Royo and his son.
    About "trumpian" bullshit. Do you realise that lots of people hire are not Americans. And dont give flayng F, or are annoyed by your political climate dumb crap. And wanking over nerd toys, kinda I do not have experience, but we not should be inclusive:)
    Male HI pinup I will not buy that cuz is not my cup of tea. But if somebody like that, why not. As long CB will make money on that.

Teleute
    Manga/anime references was to show huge size difference in male and female characters.
    Nobody says about rule density, but about theme, story focused and co op mode. Be more liked by most womans. Just from my limited experience and observations. And mentioned by me Kingdom Death is on expansive spectrum of hobby. And no one talks about "its mans game". I'm sure everybody is happy to have you in hobby. And wish to have more like you.
    Anyway I bail out from that topic. Cuz it is hard to discuse feelings. And no point in my book is to be offended by everything. There are more cool stuff to do.

Errhile and Golem2God like this.
  14. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Female art was more popular because we've been living in a male dominated society forever, not because "female body is gorgeous". It's called sex. Do you even believe these things you say? I mean, are you for real telling me that more female art being made (which is very arguable) means the female body should be flaunted at every opportunity?

And believe me, I live in the same city Luis Royo lives in and I knew a girl who used to have Royo teach her how to draw many years ago, and he is a fuckin disgusting piece of shit. Doesn't surprise me seeing how his "art" is the quintessential nerd wanker crap. And Victoria Francés art is VERY different from Royo's, mainly because she draws both sexes and they are not naked and not focused on female's booties and tits. Just to make it clearer: Royo's art is usually EROTIC, Infinity isn't and I for one don't want it to be.

#654 Benkei, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    chaos11, Berjiz, Solar and 4 others like this.
  15. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

Kinda figured people would be talking about n4, rather than arguing with a bad faith moron about male gaze

ah well

Teleute likes this.
  16. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Here's what I think they should have done:
    1. Make these bootleg boxes unique and useful. Not something to put on a shelf (like tech bee), but to use in game. (Like in case of Penticilia - it already cost a lot, add dismounted one. Some people will buy it instead of regular one just to have both models)
    2. Make it limited run. Fomo will boost the sales and cut expences on production. The rest might be left as build to order via official store like some warhammer boxes.
    3. Have some 'themed' releases. Just like skins for aristeia. Even better, make 'themed' packs like the skins for League of legends, the pricey ones. Lets say some Christmas special Myrmidon wars Santa Ajax and elf Myrmidons, here's the full link (useful), a bit funky (not for everyone, so limited run), unique and a limited time offer.

17. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I think I need to move closer to a shipping hub, or pre-order sooner (or pre-order local). Estimated arrival date: Oct 6. :expressionless:

18. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

And it could happen to a nicer guy. But I'm glad it didn't :P Keeping with the current tone of the thread. WTF fam?

A quick lunch-time cursory read through leads me to believe that N4 is an improvement over N3. IMO, for no other reason than the changes to hacking. Who is going to get a chance to play a few games anytime soon? I have no idea when I'll get to play.

Errhile and Golem2God like this.
  19. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

As an Ariadna player, I'm waiting for everyone to have a few N4 games under their belt cause, wow, we're being a little doomery in our sub-forum. Especially for USAriadna... which I was about to paint up. Hopefully the new balance pans out well.

But you're right, time better spent elsewhere.

I wish I could get some games going too in cause I'm really curious about how some of the changes really play out on the table vs on the page. Hey New Zealand folks, get playing so the rest of us can live/learn vicariously though you!

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

I wonder if they are comfortable in that. In reality, I wonder if any of them is, no matter size or sex. Neck part is tight in one but not the other two. Things are for the show, more than evolved/developed for real world.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, females DO need slightly different suits. Vests for army and police are the proof, and it took some years to get this across. Trekking backpacks too. In recent years we have been seeing females and males wearing police and military uniforms constantly in streets or news, and we can quickly differentiate: the clothes vary a bit (or should, unless you want "career injuries"), and the bodies inside are not the same (shoulders vs hips, in few words). When they move also helps, but static photos are enough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So current Infinity models are extreme, yet being the same would be wrong in the opposite end. They should be different, because they will not fit & look right (our current space suits, Michelin wannabes, or equivalent, notwithstanding). The Expanse picture shows the problems and the sex of the ones inside is still guessable if you play with brigthness: tights and waist widths, crotch and belly plate positions (really, actors are stuffed inside those things). One size fits everyone is wrong, even with plain things like socks.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation