1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aleph N4 changes

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Bard, Sep 25, 2020.

1. MerloyJenkils

MerloyJenkils Well-Known Member

Went and looked at it... wow... why?.... don't get it... what a shame...

2. MerloyJenkils

Very disapointed with Aleph... expected... something... don't know... I have a feeling that "I don't get it... " maybe It's just me... feeling very cold with N4 and Aleph in particular.

3. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Doesn't help that half of vanilla is missing.

4. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

It's not just you.

But no worries, @Stiopa can surely explain how wrong you are and how Aleph in N4 is the bestest thing ever.

5. MerloyJenkils

XD Yes a dosis of positivism! XD

6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

It's ironic, coming from someone who was recently accusing me of baiting. Oh well :P

@MerloyJenkils - OSS was a modern, almost N4-ready army from the start, so it didn't need much. What we got are mostly small, quality of life tweaks. Asuras are very good now, Devas and Rudras are Wildcards, which solved the previous clusterf*** of special Haris teams. Vostok is indeed better than Rudra, but not by much. And we got Parvati; as much as I don't like the influx of Aristos, she's a very good deal. My only disappointment is Apsara, but even so I'll look for ways to make her useful.

I've also played MO, so believe me, I know the difference between sectorials which are or aren't being cared about :P

jherazob and RolandTHTG like this.
  7. Nemo No Name

The irony is on purpose.

8. Stiopa

Listen, how about we stop poking each other with irony or whatever it is we're poking each other with, and accept we have different playstyles and approaches? You have every right to not like N4 Aleph, I have every right to like it, we don't need to get personal over it. If I'll post something positive and you'll disagree, I won't call you a whiner. If I'll disagree with your criticism, don't call me CB's fanboy.

9. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Hmmm, there might be a nerf to the posthumans in the interaction with Netrods.
    I can't find the AI Beacon rule on Netrods or in the rules, so I don't think they they will provide shelter for the posthuman order after all the proxies are dead.

10. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

There is no AI Beacon rule. They're just a Trooper that has to use Combat Jump in the Deployment Phase and have 0 for most Attributes.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  11. Stiopa

It's a loss for PH, but they were so strong that all it does is make them more balanced

12. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

True, just one of those thing I hadn't noticed on the first read through. I think the no HD on the MK2 is a bigger nerf.

ijw likes this.
  13. SpectralOwl

I'm giving strong consideration to an Assisted Fire-buffed TR bot with an Apsara behind it. That's a very potent ARO, easily capable of holding its own against some of the game's best in reactive and still being a well above average backup active gunner. Saving it until turn 2, when the big Fireteams are broken up, could allow it to dominate the whole board. It's quite expensive, but may be worth a shot.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  14. Stiopa

It is definitely a nerf, and one that was really needed. Dasyus are perfectly fine TO unit, but Mk2 was putting them out of job.

I'm thinking about trying out Apsara riding herd on Daleth. Good buff to BS, WIP 14 would eliminate the last small risk of failing Sensor roll, might be a good budget attack piece.

15. Bohm Velocity

Bohm Velocity Ascended Tactbot

OSS is definitely going to play similarly to how it did in N3. 14-15 orders already seemed to be the spot a lot of lists running Dakini cores ended up at, so I'd expect to see a lot of the same with some troops switched around to make room for an EVO hacker and stuff. Quite happy with the Posthuman cost changes, especially alongside the crit changes we might see Mk. 4 HRLs and stuff as ARO pieces more often.

16. Nemo No Name

Mk.II was not the reason Dasyus were never taken. Price and vulnerability of Dasyus was the problem always. Please stop finding excuses for CB. Dasyu need to be better.

17. Stiopa

Some units are supposed to be high risk - high reward. TO Camo Infiltrator with NWI was always a good deal, with all the tools you need to keep it fairly safe. But Mk2 was simply doing the same cheaper and safer. Now it's more balanced.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  18. Nemo No Name

Dasyus will not increase their appearance relative to Mk.II. Dasyu is still good, but nowhere near at its price point. Much like Spektr in Nomads were rarely seen.

19. Stiopa

It's possible, but I'm not ready to judge that yet. Let's see how metas will react to all the changes, we'll have much better idea about power levels in a few weeks.

One of my silent wishes is Dasyu getting Surprise Attack (-6) at some point. That ability is criminally underutilized.

Hiereth likes this.
  20. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

Yes the V2 is big but the V1 now isn't frenzy so we can always play it in cover with enemy's malus -9 (-12 in suppressive) and arm 7... also after his first kill. I think the V1 still better than the V2.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation