1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Token Sheet Creator - Updated for N4

Discussion in 'News' started by toadchild, Dec 5, 2017.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Interesting, I did not notice that. Still not much I can do until it's published online in a PDF or similar.

Abrilete and Xeurian like this.
  2. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

As Nonoscreen is always on ( is it really there could be my fault) I'm not sure why it would need a marker. Mimetism or ODD has no marker too
    As its around 2 years ago. I need to thank you for your tool once more. Its great keeping the cost of entry low for new players, and very flexible for all of us

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

What some people in my meta has done is glue the Warsenal Nanoscreen markers directly on the base of models who has them, now that they are no longer directional. Should be one of the easier things to make a vector graphic of as well (says someone who is terrible at graphics design)

https://warsen.al/products/nanoscreen-markers

Melchior and jherazob like this.
  4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, the troop where it makes a difference is the Nexus Operative, where there are two profiles with Nanoscreen and four without.

I think the excuse for Nanoscreen having a marker is the same for tinbots having a marker--it's a choice between having a marker or trying to depict the equipment on the model. And they decided they wanted to be able to do that sort of thing in 2nd edition, and stuck with it when N3 came out.

xagroth and toadchild like this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

In 2e you only got cover if the marker was physically obstructing the attacker’s view, just like regular cover. The 3e rule is much easier to play and makes the marker semi-optional. I do like to use them, though, as it makes it easier for both players to remember what’s going on. (I have a set of the refractive ones from Warsenal).

If they add these to a published PDF, I will happily incorporate them into my tool.

As far as 2e/3e conversions go, my favorite is Atalanta’s spotbot which required LoF turning into a tinbot that just grants a passive bonus.

Daniel Darko and Xeurian like this.
  6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It can be burnt off like camo. Once burnt it's gone. Just like Tinbots can be hacked due to Comms Equipment.

7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

and there IS a "burned" token to reflect the losing of this effect status.

Mahtamori likes this.
  8. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

In theory tinbots, nanoscreens, and any camo state only need to be marked when lost to attacks. Disconnected and burnt tokens going down. But I'd kinda prefer at least a marker to remind me :stuck_out_tongue:

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Being Burnt or Disabled only adds another marker for your model to carry around, you're still not technically allowed to remove the Tinbot or Nanoscreen markers, they will just not have an effect unless you get an Engineer to remove the Burnt/Disabled trait.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

While I love the token creator, I think the 10 million markers we need to deal with should be lessened in N4!

11. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

well you don't need most of the status markers. Nonetheless its great and practical they exist

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I’m trying to see if it’s possible to get a digital copy of the Wildfire token sheet. Also, the ITS marker sheet was updated with the Liaison Officer marker. I’ll try to update that one this weekend.

jherazob and daszul like this.
  13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Hopefully!

Though you can reduce your marker count somewhat by using certain double-sided tokens. Camo Markers flip over to mines, Wounds can flip to Unconscious , etc. I used to have a whole list of them that I was going to use, but I'm going to hold off on making all-new double-sided markers till N4 drops.

Abrilete, chromedog and jherazob like this.
  14. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

That's what they did with the Wildfire tokens, and the upgraded cardboard being amazing, I can totally imagine getting multiples copies of those as the tokens are awesome.

chromedog likes this.
  15. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I did that with some of mine (25mm mdf discs, circle punch and the marker sheet creator). Camo/mine, imm1/imm2, TO/burned, 1w/unconscious, 3w/2w and a few others. Cut my token # down by about a third. Only 1/3 because I'd already got a small collection of the MAS acrylic tokens before I thought of DIY.

16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

O-12 Liaison Officer is now added. I rearranged a couple other markers as well, so if you can't find them, just keep looking.

Section9, solkan, Melchior and 4 others like this.
  17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

@toadchild, will you be updating your creator to N4 version?

18. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yeah, I'll update those. I'll have to look at the actual token sheet PDF to see how easy it is to extract the images.

19. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

You can use what I shared here if it could help.
    I'll try to make them a better match now that we have the official token sheet but I don't have your skills.

toadchild likes this.
  20. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

We might want to tweak the color palette a bit, too. New markers are nice, but they will get confused, most being yellow.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation