1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OctoBrrrrrr, it's getting cold! Speculation thread.

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

up until now, I've seen more "anti-sexy" than "we want sexy" movement in the forums. Remember that there was this miniature, with good selling numbers, retired from the catalog because complaints of lot of people because it was too sexy...the first daktari. Same almost happened with lolipop/pacman-tiara moderator, Beba and I am pretty sure that there are more examples. If you followed the fanmade comic stripes, they even laugh about that "sexy idea" around the wulver girl (which I remember it started as a joke that got out of hand after some time). Actually, I remember seen a lot of those wulver girl fans become more ultra fans after the wulver box release with the girls, more happier than complaining. I would say that those people complaining were not the same that were asking for wulver girl in the first place

Mob of Blondes and Abrilete like this.
  2. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I personally like the fact that it looks like they're moving away from 'cheesecake' female minis. The combination of the weird sexy women characters and the overall anime aesthetic is part of the reason why I had ignored/avoided Infinity until recently, but C1 finally won me over to the game and has caused me to pay more attention to where it seems like CB is going (as a noob with no past experience in the game before a few months ago). It feels like they're trying to go a more homogenous direction overall visually, rather than the odd mashup of some models looking like an ultra po-faced Master Chief from Halo and others looking like anime Cat Girls and robot pandas. Am I wrong about this? Does this feel like the general direction people want to see the game going or are Infinity old-timers who came for the anime bemoaning the fact that the game is being "ruined" by new sculpts that are too serious?

3. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I think the happy middle ground is serious poses combined with sexualized armor and clothing. I'm being really honest, I prefer some of the armors I've seen in Haqq over say female Domaru, where the boobs stand out less from the armor. In truth, as far as armor goes I'd prefer whole framing to just be slightly different, like a thicc girl wearing a plate carrier. No one thing really stands out but you can tell you're looking at a girls body.

That might require higher sculpting skills for such subtlety

Stiopa likes this.
  4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

On a similar note, I'd really like the giant gap between male and female sculpt sizes to go away. Together with different gun sizes.

5. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Yeah I think it's actually been a bit confusing, particularly in trying to get used to the game, when giant beefy figs aren't as tough as they appear visually vs something smaller/daintier. Like you look a the BOYG and it's huge and you think, that must be a total badass - and admittedly it has 5 ARM and 2 Wounds, but the female KoJ that comes in the Kaldstrom box is downright waif-ish in comparison and is essentially just as tough.

Zsimbi, Abrilete, Kreslack and 3 others like this.
  6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

The reason I won't buy Zuyong nor Mobile Brigadas and it was an effort to buy Domaru

Abrilete and Mob of Blondes like this.
  7. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I'm okay with size differences in guns and models--provided it's on both genders. Also, aliens.

Fat Yuan Yuan doesn't count.

Aldo likes this.
  8. SpectralOwl

I'm OK but not super keen on gun size differences in advanced factions, since Combi Rifles are meant to be crazy-expensive ergonomic masterpieces it's reasonable to expect a bit of tailoring and gun size historically does nothing to its Damage in Infinity. As it is I just try to keep as much of my army as I can to one gender for consistency reasons, PanO heavy infantry in particular have such huge differences between genders I have to imagine them as being entirely different armour designs.

9. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I will reiterate, for simplicity's sake in sculpting and a happy middle ground for players. And I am sometimes fond of it if done right, keep the serious poses but in sexualized armor and clothes even if that means dainty girls in dainty power armor. I still want to be able to tell it's a woman in the power armor and if that cant be done subtly and yet still easy for me to tell when looking at the models proportions, not that they are slightly smaller than another model but that I can really tell it's a woman in that power armor even if it's the same basic design for the chest carapace just as a plate carrier is, then I'd rather have boob armor than just a slightly smaller soldier.

McDevil and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'd say keep the fan service out of the game (not that i think there is any)

#610 Benkei, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    wuji likes this.
  11. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

So much this. The body of the gun should be the same size no matter who is carrying. If the stock needs to be shortened go for it. Also the difference in miniatures size. We don't need boob plate and combat heels either. Give everyone reasonably functional while still stylized uniforms.

There used to be a lot more, to the point of being a little cringey.

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The old Caledian Volunteers were quite famous for this.
    [​IMG]

wuji likes this.
  13. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Best there ever was haha

14. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Except for the Asura, half the fun of the Asura is being an artificial slugger that looks small. Otherwise, I'd prefer a good variety of women and certainly don't need boob armor. As long as they avoid the Adepta S&M thing though, should be fine. I guess Moira's are closest.

15. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

If you do same sizes and no boob armour and put helmet. So what the point? They will be look exacly the same. I know in some countrys especially on walfare suports, females tend to be twice/triple size of man ;). But that not norm in rest of world. Plus anime roots. I can dig picture what I put in similar topic, some time ago. And woman body is most gorgeous thing in world. Why hide that? When you want have cool diverse minis.

Ashen_Seeker and wuji like this.
  16. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

Because women play the game too and while most are okay with sexy and badass minis, full on cheesecake is some most certainly off-putting cringe.

At least with those, you can clip off the helmet and put on a Statuesque Minis head if you want women in the role. I honestly like this better since boob plate, thin torso armor, and combat heals often seem out of place. I'm not against sexy minis. I got the SMG Ryuken literally just so I could modify it and have the Major from Ghost in the Shell as my tag pilot. But for a lot of minis, especially mediums and heavies, it makes no sense even by the logic of a lot of anime.

Lawson and Stiopa like this.
  17. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Old Volunteer. Female TAG pilots. Tech-Bee, ffs, Tech-Bee -_-

Dragonstriker, toadchild and Teleute like this.
  18. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

Yeeeeeaaah, the old skirted Volunteer is literally the only CHA mini I don't have and that was on purpose. It was a while ago but I might have literally thrown it away.

19. McDevil

McDevil Well-Known Member

Teleute
    So you must refere to old discontinued minis to show cringe in CB line. So what is the problem? :)
    About pinup style minis. No womans around me have problem with my toys.
    Do you know any woman playing infinity and offended by minis?
    I dont like statuesque faces.I prefer much more made by CB.

20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'll not hear any word against the Raicho pilot!

Zsimbi, Dragonstriker, solkan and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation