1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRRF Dead?

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by neonbasschild, Sep 23, 2020.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

@kanluwen thanks for backing up some of your statements with your reasoning - it makes it a lot easier to sympathize with your perspective.

2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Real quicklike before I fade out for a bit again:
    The playstyle isn't the fun part for me. The models and the lore are. I have zero interest in buying 2E era stuff. If they want to talk up these ranges, they need to stop half-cocking it and need to actually start revising whole ranges in one go. Adding new units or profiles is great and all, but there's still huge gaps in ranges plus profiles that have never had models despite existing for multiple iterations of the game now. That's where SKU management via expanding boxes/blisters and alternate arms(and even heads!) would be a great help for them.

We don't need two wildly different poses for every single profile they add...but even just having a 'Rifle or <insert profile here>' would be a boon.

toadchild likes this.
  3. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

Except Bostria said there would be a substantial Kosmoflot drop in time for Christmas. My guess is they will get a full action pack. That gives room for the C1 two player box to be MRRF as Kosmoflot will already be well under way.

4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

And that's probably why we're butting heads so much over this. To you the sectorial is dead when there are no up to date models. To me, it's dead when there are no up to date rules. To each his own.

CB is moving away from 2 player boxes, from what I remember, in favor of larger 1-player starter packs.

RasPuto, Errhile, Sungwon and 3 others like this.
  5. McKaptain

Negative. They are still running two player boxes. Except now they are Code One products and will run for one year. At that time it will be broken into two separate action packs. Additionally, they are repacking all of the old two player sets into action packs.

There will continue to be a new two player set every year until all factions have been added to Code One.

With Kosmoflot getting what I assume will be an action pack out at Christmas, makes sense sales wise, I anticipate MRRF gets a reboot as the Ariadna half of next years C1 two player box.

6. kanluwen

They've 'said' that Kosmoflot will be opposing the redone Corregidor in a 2P starter.
    It would be fricking bizarre for them to drop an Action Pack for Kosmoflot and then another, effectively, Action Pack next year for Code One/2P starter.

More likely than not, the 'substantial drop' will be one of the units or something.
    [​IMG]
    There. Pick a unit, any unit out of there--it would likely be the 'substantial drop'.

7. kanluwen

To me, the sectorial is dead when there are no generally available nor up-to-date models.

Stock left moldering on shelves or available via second-hand is not "generally available".

That's where I'm at. It's cool that they keep rules coming, but at what point do we cease pretending that some of these 'up-to-date rules' are basically just them doing a bare minimum of work?

8. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

a few stray units being part of vanilla or kosmoflot doesnt help, it just confuses things.

So, great, we got a modern Chasseur, updated Paracommandos and Mirage-5 in the pipeline, thats all well and good. Doesn't help the rest of the faction though.

toadchild likes this.
  9. McKaptain

I know they said it would be Ariadna vs Corregidor but I didn’t see where they said it would be specifically Kosmoflot.

10. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Supossing that the starter box will be 3 rokots, kosmosoldat, Volkolak, Zenit and a random resculpt, that let you to drop in christmas a reesculpt for Mirage or Wallace, the bearpode box, new scot guards, box of Varangian, general release of Defiance Cover Action Uxia...

11. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

Yeah, I have all of MRRF but I still would love a new Loup Garou blister or box. Metros and Zouaves I'd be cool proxying in the larger scale but Loup Garou are very distinctive. I hope when/if CB gets back to them they remain as cool. Luckily the new Para-commandos give me hope because they are a massive aesthetic improvement.

#51 Teleute, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Leviathan likes this.
  12. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

On of the funniest comments. A little mistakes, but it’s нормально.

About dead factions... well, I was a little disappointed, when realized, that Merovingian not in sale.
    It was really strange story.
    My dialog with friend about infinity was like:
    - Oh, I’d like to play this guys! They looks inspiring!
    - It’s Tohaa... sorry, they are no longer released.
    - And what about this? I like starter (it was new starter for Acon)
    - Same story...
    - What about French Guys?
    - Are you serious?

(It was October 2019. I’ve just discovered this game.)

But after long time I have lots of Tohaa miniatures and waiting for starter box (it was lucky, that I’ve found one! I want to play them more, that Spiral)
    I played them with pleasure, by the way.

MORALE IS:
    Merovingian and other “dead” armies are not actually dead. They live in infinity game system, that is more important is some way. (A little sorry about miniatures)
    They would be well and alive in N4. We could wait a little)
    Why not with the others? Because we deserve spectacular appearance.

Everything would be хорошо, дорогие друзья.
    Здоровья вам и вашим близким. Крепко обнимаю. Ещё не раз тут спишемся.

#52 Daireann, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  13. Arschbombe

Arschbombe Well-Known Member

Just so everyone is tracking.
    kosmo.png

14. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

It will probably be labeled as an Ariadna vs Corregidor product cause of the lack of sectorials in Code One but I assume most, if not all, of the minis will be Kosmoflot. That would match the Kaldstrøm precedent and makes sense from a marketing perspective. New Code One players get their choices simplified for their initial army and, if they move on to N4, then they have a nice start to the newest sectorial without having too much invested in the sprawling beast that is vanilla Ariadna.

I hope against hope that it might be MRRF instead but I doubt CB is going to exhaust one of their brand new factions before the big box release.

#54 Teleute, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    McKaptain likes this.
  15. kanluwen

It's from the same place you even 'heard' that it would be Ariadna v Corregidor. Really not sure how you missed it.

IF Merovingia is truly 2021, it's going to be an Action Pack...unless they've already gone all trashpanda on us and moved on to the next shiny thing and now they're going to have Merovingia going after the Nomads because reasons, I guess? at least Kosmoflot can be kinda/sorta fluffed as the Russians are pissed that someone is trying to help break their monopoly on interaction with the sphere.

McKaptain likes this.
  16. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Will isn't Kosmoflot like all the nations of Ariadna collaborating to get some space power ?

I like this unexpected sectorial. It bring something fresh to the story.

17. iyaerP

iyaerP Well-Known Member

I'd like it more if it was an actually new sectorial, with a full set of units, or fixing MRRF, USAR and CHA to bring them up to the current meta.

This is like a bare-minimum effort. There are a grand total of exactly 5 new models, and 2 of them are kitbashes of existing stuff, the Bearpode is literally just the antipode with a bear face instead of the existing face.

Barrogh and MATRAKA14 like this.
  18. kanluwen

Bare-minimum...I know it wasn't intentional, but damnit. Well played.

Additionally, it's par for the course with CB of late.

Big issue with "new sectorials" with regards to Ariadna is that they've written themselves into a corner. There's a finite number of Ariadnan nations on Dawn. Caledonia, USAriadna, Tartary, and Merovingia.

The Ariadnan Exclusion Zone(AEZ) isn't home to a 'nation'.
    Antipodes aren't a 'nation'.

The one thing I'll give them is that a multi-national force was inevitable. But it also already existed in their own lore. It was called the Ariadnan Expeditionary Force and consisted of all but USARF.

#58 kanluwen, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  19. RasPuto

RasPuto Well-Known Member

Jesus, the saaaalt

20. kanluwen

"Salt" implies there's no valid reasoning behind a complaint.

Unfortunately, the release schedule bears my complaint out. So kindly go back to the hole you crawled out of.

iyaerP likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation