1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The JSA Uprising - Model Split Question

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ThePlasticCrackBlog, Mar 2, 2018.

1. ThePlasticCrackBlog

I've seen a few people upset that they might (needs to be might at this moment) lose some models from they're Yu Jing vanilla faction. But at the risk of sounding dumb, what models are japanese and what would theoretically stay? Some are obvious to me like the shikami would be JSA but I can't really tell who works for who. What do people think would stay in Yu Jing and what would move?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, I expect these ones to go away

[​IMG] Going away
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] ASUKA KISARAGI Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] YURIKO ODA Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] KEMPEI Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] RAIDEN MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    [​IMG] DOMARU Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] OYAMA Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Breaker Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] HARAMAKI Blitzen, Contender / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 22)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] KARAKURI Mk12, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 40)
    [​IMG] SHIKAMI Contender, Nimbus Grenades / Assault Pistol, DA CCW, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 45)
    [​IMG] O-YOROI HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas / EXP CCW. (2 | 83)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] O-YOROI PILOT Contender / Pistol, CCW. ()
    [​IMG] NINJA Combi Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] ONIWABAN Lieutenant Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (1 | 41)
    [​IMG] SHINOBU Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (0.5 | 47)

5 SWC | 505 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Aldo and ThePlasticCrackBlog like this.
  3. ThePlasticCrackBlog

Oh holy crap I didn't realise army had JSA on there already

4. Mahtamori

That's Japanese SECTORIAL Army.

Army does not yet have Japanese SECESSIONIST Army.

jellopirate and ThatThing like this.
  5. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

Ninjas and maybe oniwaban/shikami may stay

6. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Ever since the first Human Sphere, back in 2nd edition, yeah.

Bobman, bladerunner_35 and chromedog like this.
  7. ThePlasticCrackBlog

Ohhhhhh. That's even crazier! I just assumed they would leave Yu Jing or something

8. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

They... they will. It's just not officially released yet, and there is usually no changes in ARMY until the models are in the shops/peopl'es houses.

9. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

I can't see Ninjas going seeing as they were part of the starter set, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Shikami stay as as you could justify it as Yu Jing's interpretation of martial prowess by way of Power Armour.

The rest are likely.

10. Mahtamori

Only reason Shikami stays is if the Ninja clans in general don't jump ship. Shikami is a Ninja, not a Samurai, that's the difference.

11. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Please let the ninja & shikami stay >.< If they stay I'll definitely get the new JSA army box, if not I'll definitely hold a grudge for losing models from my Yu Jing force. The grudge will probably make me so upset that I'll... start a nomad army as well.

Screw you corvus belli.

fenren and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I actually hope for a full split. This leaves room for new exiting profiles coming with IA that would otherwise make vanilla too powerful.

Balewolf and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. ThePlasticCrackBlog

Do you think that IA will definitely happen now JSA has? I suppose the previews from BoW video makes me think it's going to be completely separate like druze as a merc army. So there is room for another sectorial. But it makes me think if they are given yu jing some kind of love IA might have been mythical or not for the near future.

14. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

IA is coming this year, that much is confirmed.

15. Krofna

Krofna Well-Known Member

The conflict is served, Yu Jing will not hesitate to use the Imperial Service or even deploy the Invincibles to crush the rebellion immediately, but they will face the Japanese Army as they have never seen it: The new JSA, the Japanese Secessionist Army.

quoted from official article on the website.

I for one, can't wait to deploy some power armour.

16. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

But that's kind of the thing. As one of the original factions, Yu Jing has been keeping pace with the others in terms of units. If we suddenly lose 16 profiles, then either the IA needs to be huge (not a good thing for a sectorial) or we're left up shit creek without a paddle.

While I'd welcome less CC-focused StateEmpire Army replacements for what we're about to lose, I doubt we'll see that happening. Either way, losing Keisotsu, Tokusetsu, Aragoto, Oniwaban, Raiden, and Kitsune from vanilla will hurt. A clean split that leaves Yu Jing hanging for a great many important roles in vanilla while we wait and hope that IA can fix it (something that a single sectorial can't and shouldn't do for a faction lest its purview prove to broad).

At the end of the day, this is just a nasty, messy situation that will doubtless invalidate some models that a great many vanilla Yu Jing players have relied on without much chance of getting proper replacements. Hopefully CB have a more fleshed out plan than they appear to, but the way they're handling this is not helping anyone's perception of it. The second we start getting in to model invalidation territory is the second they should be clear and concise about what comes next. They do not want another Ko Dali or Exrah on their hands at this point, both of those squandered a lot of good will in the fanbase and repeating it certainly wouldn't go over well.

I'm happy to see what they have planned and I hope they have more tact about it this time around, but if their grand scheme is to get me to start a JSA force to make the stuff I used in vanilla lists useful again, then it was a gross miscalculation on their part.

Sword_36, Primo, Shiwen and 1 other person like this.
  17. zephen1802

zephen1802 Active Member

I for one am glad CB is willing to take these risk even if it leaves a few people soured. It keeps things interesting. Then again, I have more than enough JSA and non-JSA stuff to be little affected by the split. Not to mention I like playing both vanilla and the sectorial. All this really makes me is eager to see what new toys both JSA and Yu Jing are getting in the future.

18. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I don't mind them taking risks, but them taking risks in such a stupid manner and doing it so unbelievably badly is what's souring. There's just so many ways they could've handled this entire event and transition in a way that didn't piss people off, but they elected to go with the method that pisses people off for whatever reason.

19. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yup. They should have been VERY clear about this from the start. But they're weirdly phobic about distributing information like that.

Cry of the Wind and Thandar like this.
  20. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I'd think that what's going on is that the route they're taking makes them particularly happy, and so they care less about upsetting people. I'm guessing that a lot of the people involved are fans of JSA moreso than Yu Jing, and are content to move Yu Jing into the pratfall heel/incompetent villain faction.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation