1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why not try to be more positive?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Redfaint, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Wow. CB, get your shit together there. Hopefully N4 will see a complete revamp of their web presence. Hopefully.

Having recently read Betrayal for the first time (my FLGS' Infinity supplier is kind of shit, so new releases tend to be a bit late), I found it pretty funny that aside from Zuyongs and Guijia, the Tiger was really the only other trooper type acknowledged in a supposed 'Invincible Army' detachment. They kind of shoehorned in a bit about how they were accompanied by a contingent of Tiger troopers, when it feels like they should have been included as part of the force from the get-go.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think the thing that gets me down is when they come out with new profiles and rules and YJ, to my perception, gets the short end. I know many say "don't come compare to others!" We need to compare to others! It's not like I'm playing mirror matches. I need to know what my army can do to theirs. I've very rarely played against other YJ with YJ. But if you do you can then see that YJ seems to get less attention compared to others. Less options for each troop, less options for fireteams, even less AVA for vanilla. And while I really like playing Dahshat, maybe because in my head it's a division of YJ, I can't help but feel them getting Zuyong and making them just a little better than IA was a bit of kick. I'm really hopeful for N4 and trying not to look at some of the new things for Nomads and be jealous. It might mean our equivalent troops will get cheaper or gain skills. The preview for the Su Jian looks great in fact. I'm totally getting the Betrayal box set. I'm guessing/hoping we get a real HI version of Adil and a Engineer character.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  4. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

You silly. Character box is for CA only, Adil gets ko dali treatment and engineer guy is there to rub salt in our wounds :)

Tibooper likes this.
  5. SpectralOwl

I'm hoping for no Profiles for the Character box, we have enough generic stuff at the moment and I'm still hoping we eventually get some more thought-out transformative Characters that aren't just a cash-in on the brand. Still wish Tai Sheng had gotten some more satisfying fluff given she changes the way her lists work more than any YJ character since Sun Tze. The Adil HI is still a very pretty Crane Rank at least, and if they do profiles maybe the Engineer will do something surprising.

6. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

I'd just wish for a braided helmet for Adil so I could swap them out. And one more looking according to the one in the comic.

Fed4ykin likes this.
  7. Space Ranger

Well even if no profiles I'm still getting it. Adil l looks awesome to me. I've been wanting a good CC HI in Yu Jing for so long! Sorry Hulang. Adil will at least proxy for something I guess. I also can't find my old YJ Engineer so that works. I also play CA but haven't used them in a long time.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'll be a dissenting voice, because if we can agree on anything we can agree we'll never agree with anyone, even ourselves :p

I actually hope both Yu Jing characters in the box get unique profiles. I think IA and WB are both in need of a reasonably priced engineer in Zhanshi Fireteams and as a reasonable Tian Gou hiding spot or to expand their abilities somewhat, so the Engineer guy at Dire Foes level of equipment would be really nice to have. Same goes for Adil Mehmut where I'd like to see a Crane-rank ISS-only version (where the post-Betrayal Mehmut can be found Wildcarding it up outside of ISS) to add more variety to Cranes and ISS in a way that altering a few guns can't do.

I also think that while comparing other factions it's important to appreciate the differences and take shortcomings as challenge rather than insult. And to never let Nomads get away with thinking they're not CB's pet faction, obviously :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BenMoss and SpectralOwl like this.
  9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I want a linkable plasma rifle profile for Jeong.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  10. Amusedbymuse

Engineer doesn't even need to do anything crazy. Stuff like having 14 wip or engineer+3 would be good on otherwise baseline Zhanshi. But then again getting something like EM ammo combi or other weird stuff would always bring more tools for vanilla. I want HI Adil profile in ISS and I want it to count as crane.

11. SpectralOwl

I'm far more opposed to having multiple Units of the same Character than anything else- I actually quite like Characters when they help define or transform a list, the way that many special commanders in Warhammer variants tend to (power and balancing notwithstanding), a trait I feel Adil lacks. There's also the issue that a Crane with Adil's abilities is basically just a normal Crane with the rifle and CCW sidegraded. There's certainly space for a bit of fun in Crane/CG links but I don't think Adil's where we'll get it.

I can definitely agree with the point about the Engineer though. Despite the big pile of Characters dropped haphazardly on White Banner's lap they are definitely missing a good, versatile agent in the Dire Foe points space to spice up the pure Zhanshi link.

As for treating shortcomings as a challenge, 100%, as long as something else in the game context makes up for them. I actually planned to keep a TAG kill tally for my Anaconda in MRRF painted on the model before several Exclusion Zone tournaments, then COVID, robbed me of most chances to put them on the board. Having subpar options that you can deliberately play against type to surprise opponents can be a ton of fun.

Stiopa likes this.
  12. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

He does something crazy in the book though. BOOM.

13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I'm gonna bet he doesn't do that ingame, that's if they even have profiles at all

14. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Wait, people already forgot Kanluwen?

That would be a decent idea, but the short-haired Odalisque called dibs. I would suggest finding one of those weirdos who hate the braids and cut them off because they tend to have some left over, but those N2 agents are getting increasingly hard to find.

As for the thread question, in the era of Covid people generally try to avoid being "positive".

Willen and SpectralOwl like this.
  15. Triumph

Doubt he will, he doesn't have the same gun on the model.

That said I don't particularly want him to be a gunner. Some kind of cheap linking engineer, maybe carrying mines, maybe minelayer. Maybe something like Yuriko who was basically LI Shit Dickram, but actually pretty good.

End of the day probably not using him as a pointman in YJ links so preferably don't have him shell out points and SWC for a gun.

Smoke grenades actually. If he put smoke grenades on the table for IA like Lupe or Perseus that'd be fucking huge.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  16. Space Ranger

Well we know that 2 of the four do. But if they really want to sell the box set, i'm positive they will be in game. Good or not, they still make excellent proxies.

17. Amusedbymuse

It would be super weird if basically baseline Zhanshi with engineer skill can't link with his Zhanshi friends but a character who is the same baseline Zhanshi with engineer skill, some more stuff and a name could.

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  18. Space Ranger

They have done stuff that makes less sense. I haven't read the book but I think it might be possible to have Scavenger skill.

19. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

3 of the 4, Nourikas is a special character in Code One for some reason.

20. Triumph

It's already super weird that the base line Zhanshi can't link with his friends anyway, this wouldn't change much.

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation