1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maru Painting and stuf

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by maru, Nov 27, 2017.

1. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ok at last some resonable photos of JSA Kempetai
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so as you c they al l got different style of sculpts
    and a taste of things to come - Mugshots :)
    [​IMG]
    i just love how Ml one turn out she is sooo bored XD

ETEA, Tristan228, jherazob and 6 others like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@maru Nice to see you posting your work again. You always seem to produce good quality of art.

3. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

I like the details on the eyes

4. maru

maru Well-Known Member

@Golem2God Och well i made a bit of minis but mostly non CB realated - Marvel Crisis Proctolog
    bit Back to CB
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    so it is a bit an effect of an actident that turn out to a 3 light neon glow study that turn out like a photo below ..
    yes i know who is on photo and what include full session (in case of this session actualy nice photos ) and what this performer do in move industry for years

So you can c what going on on mini - Teal (actualy Aqua or azure blue or Printers Cyan )and Magenta half split and from back yellow orange glow light :) - would post a full body shot for better ilustrating look on a mini but Holly don't wont to work to much in SFW part of post so search on your own risk
    Skye Blue - Psychedelic
    With a correct Vinerte i could tell a story with this mini as a character go thrue a thight shop alley lit with owerwhelming neon signs - if i i get way to much time i may do it - it would be easy thing ;) - just 3 colours

#204 maru, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Oni, jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  5. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ok time for rest of the minis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Uff Keisotsu done at last :) - will c how much of them i need for N4 :P
    [​IMG]
    Keisotsu + kempetai - after all they are lincable
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gurls power - i mean shot :) - ols one looks like Kid :) - or just like 1.5 m with 1.75 cm group XD ... like they say strongest poisons comes in smallest bottles ;)
    [​IMG]
    so they looks a bit similar like the progres on HAQQ minis ghulams when you can track certain design over edicions - and ye a new one looksa bit GITS charactr - but never less :)
    ok from JSA army pack lest Biker and Riyken 9 unit .. currently on the table - i need to find some idea for them ... duno if i just whant to paint Motoko and Batou or go for something interesting .. and Biker .. o it is already in colours :)

Hope you like :)

Wizzy, Oni, KedzioR_vo and 3 others like this.
  6. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Or look like a child soldier in size comparison :see_no_evil:

Really nice minis you got there btw. Thumbs up!

maru likes this.
  7. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Hym now when you mentioned it .. Japan used a soldiers from 14 age and above in Okinawa battle and Kamikaze Pilots 17 and above . and JSA now stands for Japan Secession Army so this things could be possible. This adds an new unexpected flawor to this minis.

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  8. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Those two pics is where the size difference shows, the models in the extremes have the same leg pose. And specially in the back view, because the torso bulk is clear.

9. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Great work on those minis, @maru :)
    I really like the colours and the details - the look of missile launcher girl is really perfect ;)

TBH I don't mind having minis from different editions and "scales" in Infinity and I think your full set of Keisotsu looks great. One problem is that weapons changed a bit.
    People are so varied in sizes that the differences doesn't bother me.
    For example:
    [​IMG]
    or ...
    [​IMG]

And that's also why I like my older Janissaries with the new, big Missile-Launcher girl. And she's named Brienne ;)

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Tristan228, Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  10. Mob of Blondes

Cut all the heads and compare again. Oh, pardon, too much series influence.
    Align all them from the top of head instead of the feet, pay attention to the heads.

Some miniatures work, some do not. Like that big brand that does miniatures without pelvis and huge boots, no match ever.

11. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Ha minatures go up but guns go smaller - old minis hold huge weapons , thing with faces is it is hard to paint well badly sculpted faces i got huge problems to paint nice oop Aleph minis from Steal phalanks especialy Torakitais - JSA got mostly nice faces from the beggining.
    @Mob of Blondes Cut minis or Actors ??
    if minis maind that old Keisotsu tend to be in a crouching pose
    if it gets to old Vs new i can get you a funn progres of Ghulams Minis - i think i lack only one box of Ghulams the SWC box (or even not need to check ) - they change proportions get bigget then smaler then thiner then biger again
    and if you look at actres that portrayed Brienn - she got small head even fot a 5.3 and she is like way bigger XD

12. Mob of Blondes

Cut actors, the heads vary less than the bodies. The minis do not look too bad in your picture, the corner ones in first and second picture (both with legs spread) could be Maise Williams (wearing heels in the picture, so >1.55) and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (1.88) if played by actors.

Golem2God likes this.
  13. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Funny small head is on Female Kempetai XD
    and other thing is that all new minatures are same size and this is boring - if i get time i will do ghulam comparsion - i already made it soimwer but no clue where it is now

Golem2God likes this.
  14. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Yay JSA! Banzai!...

Just paint GitS team. They deserve it.

15. maru

maru Well-Known Member

i was thinking about Cowboy bepop but i may get my self convinded to GITS .. but if so i will mostly go for clasic GITS not new one

16. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Nah, Faye is way more slutty than Motoko.

Classic Shirrow GITS or SAC GITS (best version IMHO)?

17. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Thing is ppl recognize mostly a specyfic outfit for Motoko - aka iconic one - vest , Swimsuit and high boots / pantyhos - all grey purple with skin exposed on sides - it ia actual recoloring of original tagikoma driver outfit - a milky white one
    Butt - Ryuken 9 mini is not sculpted like this it is almost exact copy of image below just with unzipped west
    [​IMG]
    end with lest Dallas / Dynasty style shoulders padding XD
    and a mix of this bellow minature
    [​IMG]

so the armour parts - the round elements (ports ? or just impact armour ) is stright from Shirow design - but with more modern cut of the mini below
    Yes it is possible to paint it with skin exposed but for nice look it would require converting - or just painting parts that are cloths as skin and then cheating by painting shadows as it was cut in instade even - this could took way to long.
    O and there is famous Red Motoko but this would clash way to much to my jade green Theme of JSA
    End yes i spend way more time in concept phase then most of ppl - this helps avoid stiupid errors when you at last sit to paint and allows to doge out of traps on the way way ahead as you can predict them.
    I encountered so many painters that paint them selves in to corner as they start then get to a point and get stuck as they do not predict something or make a stiopid error at beggining (colour selection or deciding focal points ) but decide to continue and c how it would end - this works for simple forms you can paint in this way simple Bust or "flat mini " - but more complicated things can be nasty.
    if someone whant to improvise good idea is to skech things as this can be easy washed out / repainted - but over all Good plan what to do before you even start to do and ten adjusting things as you go ends with most efficient time spend with brush and lest errors.

jherazob likes this.
  18. Mob of Blondes

Maybe I am being distracted by the girl's blueish hair compared to the guy's blackish, both against the black background.

19. maru

maru Well-Known Member

So i menage to find some of my "missing" photos
    oldest Ghulams

https://i.imgur.com/FworEwH.jpg[​IMG]
    Oldest and in front a "Slim era Ghulams"
    [​IMG]
    Digital Era Ghulams from N3
    [​IMG]
    and a comparsion of minis
    a "Boys "
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gursl :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and last one of 3 :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Slim Era minis holds well in time imho
    but i got more comparion in terms of poses
    Betwen 1 ED and 2 eD mini changed but keeped there pose
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    even girls - one hand on gun other somewer about hip

Things get mixed in N3 minis :)
    [​IMG]
    young guy gets pose from Solid snake mini - aka the "old guy "
    [​IMG]
    Female N3 is a old Guy N1 :)
    [​IMG]
    and New "old Guy " gets pose from old Young one

and there is this one an old HMG mini that looks like new Namurr Spitfire older brother XD [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So turns out im missing "new Support pack " as new is from Slim Era so it is N2 - got both old ones Doctor and Engener - doc isa bit old and it looks old but Najarun looks good to this day - may post photos if any one interested
    and "New " SWC box containing hacker - i should have an old one - a sniper Twin (i cobnverted to snipers N3 ones ) a HMG one - got old one and a ML twin - and this is why i do not bought this box - 2 same minis Aka Twins and 2 profile i already got
    im also missing an in paint box mini for Haqq

o and i feel like i must add one more thing - i realy realy like old Djanbanzan and i realy realy do not like new ones ;)

#219 maru, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Wizzy, Oni, Usashi and 3 others like this.
  20. maru

maru Well-Known Member

So im alive .. painted alot but not exacly infinity and i was lasy with photos ..
    But :)
    kuroshi Traider ??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So the base idea was this girl with scythe from this manga / Anime ... this mini is based on ...
    then i get my self new paints - Red and Cyan so i caind of tested them and bike was no more black ..
    then i remember a shamefull rip of of Bruce Lee in Kill Will of yellow outfit so i just go for Yellow ... as i get my self nice Ochra and umber paints to ...
    and i got a nice idea for base it was bloody Yin Yang but in a style of Comedian blood splaterd pin from Watchmen .. soi started freehanding and get carred away with my own thouts .... ending in 2 fishes ... out of nowar .. hoe you like this :) will throw a more minis soon :)

ETEA, nehemiah, Oni and 4 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation