1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Units: Most Hype?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by OrphanOfToast, Sep 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. OrphanOfToast

OrphanOfToast Heated Bread

Lots of new units recently but wanted to see what else everyone's excited about in Nomad N4. So my question is, which nomad unit are you most excited to run (or see the profile of) in N4?

Mine is: The Interventors! If there is half as much hacking as there is in Code1, man am I excited to make some WIP15 rolls.

Also on the lookout for Bakunin unit updates and (of course) the updates to corregidor/tunguska with their new units.

UPDATE: I guess a better thread name would be New PROFILES.

2. dexterv

dexterv Well-Known Member

Nuns and sin-eaters for sure are my top. Also our TAGs, specially the particular ones: geckos and Iguana. AndMSR SWC cost on moderators.

And for reasons I am curious about grenzers

#2 dexterv, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  3. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Can I say EVERYTHING?

I mainly run CJC so I will say I want to see if there are any new choices around the Bandits and Morans, as well as the Geckos.

In general Nomads terms, I am curious to see how they sorted out the Kryza, and the Sin-Eaters and Prowlers. One for being "broken" and the others for being "trash" according to the "community."

4. OrphanOfToast

Yes! I've been wondering a lot about the Iguana because he has that really unique ejection system. I hope he keeps it just because its unlike anything else in the game even if people consider it underpowered. Also can't beat the repeater for extra hacking shenanigans.

SIN EAAATTERRSSS! I was curious about that myself, I think a points drop would be in order or to throw total reaction instead of Nuercinetics to make them a decent backup attack piece.

I've actually had decent luck with the prowler, provided he has a good spot on the midboard. Does the "kill linked non-msv sniper" role pretty well in my experience. With the amount of linked MSV ARO pieces he can use some love though.

Pflaumenmus and Spitfire_TheCat like this.
  5. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

To be fair i am a bit worried about Hacking Device plus. I fear that with less devices and programs there's gonna be some cuts. Until now HD+ was all, including support, cybermask, white noise, atk/def. I fear the role will become narrowed with the upcoming edition.

As for my hypedyhype - totally Sombras! This is a 2W, mod-stacking, marker protected heavy hitter I always dreamed about. If only my favorite playstyle will be still valid with new points costs I will be overjoyed to field this new unit. I'm even ready to drop Intruders in favor of these new murderers. Very hyped about these. Now let's hope CB won;t screw over other Camo units in our army. Zeros and Hecklers especially.

6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I hope Geckos and Hellcats stay good. Hellcats basically don't have to change but Geckos are getting competition now. Very interested to see what happens to the Intruder as well.

7. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

The main points were already raised:
    • our Camo Troops (Intruders, Bandits, Prowlers, Zeroes, Hecklers) , since Camo seems to be becoming more expensive.
    • next are the (complete) hacking rules and with it Mary Problems with her 2 Devices. Will we keep our hacking specials and special hacking programs?
    • and yes, Sineaters. Here I am not hoping for something like Total Reaction, but instead for something like 360° visor and/or Sixth Sense. A Sineater with Sixth Sense is so much more stylish than a Kamau beeing cheered by his bowling pals.
    Seems for me it's just the whole spectrum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Moiras are interesting a well. As well as something like the Uberfall Commando. I just hope they don't/didn't mess up everything like the new Grenz/Wildcats.

Papa_Legba, wuji, nazroth and 2 others like this.
  8. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

For the new unit, mine is the Vostok Sputniks. 3/6/2 remote with climbing plus, and can choose between Albedo or mime -6? I can't wait to put Assisted Fire on it(if that's still available), and be shootin' like Rudras.

For the veiled profiles, I'm just curious about HIs. They play quite significant roles in Nomads' offensive tactics, so I'd like to see how they get re-organized, costed, and whether they get relative superiority over MIs or not.

#8 Ugin, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    OrphanOfToast likes this.
  9. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I'm not convinced the prowler will be any better in N4. Guy pays a lot of point taxes. Remember that he's very similar to the Tankhunter, who got done dirty by the remake.

Pflaumenmus and OrphanOfToast like this.
  10. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

And straight up out classed by the Sombra.

Which is my biggest problem I have with that piece it's in the wrong sectorial. If it had been the Prowler it would have both fixed an interesting and unique unit and it would've done more for BJC than it does for CJC.

Pflaumenmus, inane.imp and nazroth like this.
  11. OrphanOfToast

It seems like if codeone is any indication lower end HI will be getting a pretty big points decrease. It’ll be interesting to see what happens to units like the Brigada when they’re competing against the Sombras and Evaders in their own sectorial (From a gameplay perspective though, a cheap HI ML to throw in your augacile link will always have a use). If I’m being honest though in a faction like nomads (as opposed to Pan-O) I’m much less inclined to bring a no-ability HI, even if hes the same price as a less sturdy, but more interesting, MI, LI, or REM.

#11 OrphanOfToast, Sep 15, 2020
    Lampyridae and Spitfire_TheCat like this.
  12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I agree that it should have been the prowler, but not that it would have been more significant for Bakunin. Sombra is the biggest addition to the Correg meta by a lot.

13. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see what they've done to Tunguska. What changes Grenzers got and I hope they didn't become Wildcats Ver. 2. Three units I'm really interested to see,
    Kriza, Heckler and zondnautica. The link options were one of the biggest flaws in Tung and I really wanna know how they handled fireteams.
    Pretty exciting times and I hope for some nice surprises.

14. SpectralOwl

I want to see Custodiers. They're a pricy MI with as much skin in the Hacking game as Interventors, and a pretty common LT piece for my Bakunin. I never struggled much with their value for points, but I've heard some who think they're overcosted.

Tourniquet and Spitfire_TheCat like this.
  15. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

More than the profiles, I want to see the fireteam compositions, specially in TJC (my favorite sectorial by lore since the beggining). That can shake entirelly the meta (I mean, fireteam composition in all factions)

for miniatures, vostok seems a solid addition to any sectorial. It looks like what was tested for tsyklons at the beggining, but CB didn't dare to release at that time, a powerful treat.

#15 Armihaul, Sep 15, 2020
    jfunkd and dexterv like this.
  16. Mann1ng89

Mann1ng89 Member

Interested in why you think the Kirza is broken? It's a beast but has always been one of the only outright shooting pieces in Nomads.

17. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Because it's an outright shooting piece in Nomads :P

Kriza isn't broken, it's just unnecessary for Nomads (a top-performing HI gunfighter in a faction that was thematically and gameplay-wise designed - in many peoples opinion - not to need a top-performing HI gunfighter). Honestly if it was a REM I'd love it as an idea, because it would have been on-theme.

//

I have few real hopes for BJC. Between Sombres and Hecklers I'm not seeing how Prowlers remain unique and interesting; Observance I expect will get just enough love to have them limp along until BJC gets a proper look at; Sin-Eaters I am hoping for Total Reaction - but honestly, expect to run a TR Sin-Eater in Vanilla more than a marginally updated BJC. The major desire I have in BJC is to see TMs - depending on how Moderators and Zeroes come out a 2-4 TM list may actually be a good idea in N4. I thoroughly enjoyed running TM Duos in N3 despite understanding the limitations of the list, and TM Duos (potentially with a Wildcard) seem like a big winner for N4 (particularly if they give the HMG the Pulsar it should always have had).

The profiles I most want to see are Tsyklons and Lunokhods. They are two of the units which initially sold me on Nomads and depending on how they're treated this edition they have the opportunity to absolutely stand-out as seriously powerful (N4 Cover + N4 Crits + Nomad Engineers is a seriously great combo on a High Mobility + High ARM trooper) or remain niche/less-optimal (we don't know if REMs will have 2 levels of UNC, we don't know how the Tsyklons Visors will be priced).

#17 inane.imp, Sep 15, 2020
  18. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

Kriza was a good addition. Nomads fell behind at shotting during mid n3 because button-pushing missions were every time more shotty-shotty, and we had enought glass cannons then. They are really good, but broken? I don't think so, they didn't impact so much the meta, but gave us new options to compete

nazroth likes this.
  19. Mann1ng89

Mann1ng89 Member

I absolutely love the cover rules (in regards to being on top of a building granting cover). I think it finally makes climbing plus on Nomad REMs a bit more powerful. Climbing plus as an idea for just simplifying climbing and making the board more playable is great.

Being able to climb up a sniper tower without being blasted when you go over the lip will be excellent.

20. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

Considering the upgrades to HI, the fact that those upgrades seems really good, I am curious to see TAG. Especially piece like Gecko that go in direct confrontation with tough HI.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation