1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OctoBrrrrrr, it's getting cold! Speculation thread.

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

I got into Imperial service for the wu ming, the agents, the hsien and the su Jian and because I found almost everything together in one ebay offer. Now I have around 40 miniatures still to paint in my backlog.

I second the su Jian HSG sculpt. And the cat isn't curled up while running but stretching this time.

wuji and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  2. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

woah there, no talking bad about the bear! And technically a werebear is man-bear (no pig), these are antipode-bears! (Pretty sure they don't transform, but not sure if these will be the same as the rpg ones.)

I bought it because after the last time I was without power for a while, I decided I needed some entertainment options that were self-contained. One fantasy (Altar Quest), one scifi (Defiance), one other (Etherfields). As long as it's a decent game, the minis are useful and a good value, and I get some of the neat characters that were hit or miss on previous sculpts or just too exclusive for my late-comer wallet.

Of course, between the delays and the Atlantic, I may get a hurricane before I get any of my kickstarters.

3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

If you don't insist on CB model, I'd suggest checking the Hasslefree Miniatures Modern range. I think I could point out, for example, their take on the world's most famous Her Majesty's secret agent (and known womanizer...)

wes-o-matic likes this.
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That is very possible. Though I don't think Code One will include sectorials in their army builder nor be allowed to play as sectorials in a C1 game. I think Code One will stay vanilla factions alone as it is a gateway into the Infinity play system. Having sectorials and fireteams would complicate things for the new players that C1 is design to pull into N4 & beyond editions. Therefore if sectorials or even fireteams are placed into Code One it would be a surprising move in my eyes.

5. Golem2God

"'N' how come wid a'm waantin' ye tae dae that? Tae goup at yer pecker flopping aboot in th' win` laddie? If I had a right mind I'd box ya ears off. If ah hud a richt mynd a'd kist ye lugs aff. Beat ye senseless ah wid. Ye attention greetin' upstart. Trying tae git a braw lassie in that manner is akin to...are ye even tryign tae git lass lad? Fur a'm starting tae wonder whit yer goal is posin lik' that. Whitevur tha trial mibbie yer nae winnin' ony points wi' me. Bit if it's a challange ye waant fur th' looks o' th' lassies then yer aboot tae git some competitive competition. Noo step aside 'n' let a irish scot fae th' Appalachian bens shaw ye howfur it's dane."

If anyone wants to know what he is say then use this. Have fun.
    http://scotranslate.com/

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

An Oirish Scot from the Appalachians?!? :joy:

7. Golem2God

Alot of Irish & Scottish people settled in the Appalachian Mountain range from the Bottom New York to the top of Georgia. Mostly in the West Virginia/Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee areas. My grandmother's family, on my mother's side, consists of Irish-Scotts that lived in the Tennesse/North Carolina area around Johnson City, Tennessee. They came over to America as the Roberts and the Horn family in the 1700's. There is also one Cherokee ancestor in that side of the family. A young girl who was found alone during the time fo the Trail of Tears & adopted by my maternal ancestors.

csjarrat, Teleute and ijw like this.
  8. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Ah, pretty sure the biographical info belongs elsewhere, like in a PM. However, relevant to your post, a book recommendation, Albion's Seed A very interesting book. Seems to me we can talk about not just food here but also books, when it's a slow news day. Even books that may not 100% agree with a person's world view. A good book challenges the reader and broadens the mind. Sadly, this is a controversial thing to think or say these days.

Points of correction. Not Irish, just Scottish. Not a whole lot of O'Reillys or Catholics in Appalachia. Actual Irish came much later.

Golem2God, wuji and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Good shit man, and havent been on here for quite some time so nice to see you still here and still slangin knowledge bombs like that!!

10. Golem2God

That is an interesting tidbit. When the Irish did settle they seemed to have intermingled with the Scots well enough it seems. I guess that makes my family tree have alot more Scottish than Irish in the branches considering when the Roberts & the Horn brothers arrived in America and ventured out into the wooded forests.

11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Please bear in mind, that Kaldström and Wildfire already serve a double task.
    Its Vanilla C1 and Sektorials N4.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. Golem2God

What meant was despite Kladstorm & Wildfire having full starters of sectorial armies, except for O-12's side, Code One does give the option for sectorial armies. The each faction has a good number of units from the latest sectorial from the latest two-player box set but you can't select a sectorial like you can in the main Infinity army builder. Unless something changes I think CB is keeping it that way. You will just have a single option in running a faction instead of 3, 4 or 5. It is like running a slimmed down Vanilla PanO, Yu Jing, O-12 or Combined with a good chunk of units from the newest sectorial for that faction. That is what I meant or trying to convey in the post.

13. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

sadly, that page doesnt seem to have a reverse translation function

Golem2God likes this.
  14. ijw

Very roughly:

"'N' how come wid a'm waantin' ye tae dae that? Tae goup at yer pecker flopping aboot in th' win` laddie? If I had a right mind I'd box ya ears off. If ah hud a richt mynd a'd kist ye lugs aff. Beat ye senseless ah wid. Ye attention greetin' upstart. Trying tae git a braw lassie in that manner is akin to...are ye even tryign tae git lass lad? Fur a'm starting tae wonder whit yer goal is posin lik' that. Whitevur tha trial mibbie yer nae winnin' ony points wi' me. Bit if it's a challange ye waant fur th' looks o' th' lassies then yer aboot tae git some competitive competition. Noo step aside 'n' let a irish scot fae th' Appalachian bens shaw ye howfur it's dane."

Why would I want to do that? To stare at your willie flopping about in the wind, lad? If I was thinking straight I'd box your ears. If I was thinking straight I'd box your ears off. I'd beat you senseless. You're an attention-seeking upstart. Trying to attract a good-looking woman like that is like... are you even trying to get a girl? I'm starting to wonder what your aim is, posing like that. Whatever your problem is, you're not winning any points with me. But if you want a challenge for attracting girls' looks, you're about to have some serious competition. Step out of the way and let an Irish Scot from the Appalachian Mountains show you how it's done.

Golem2God, wuji, Teleute and 2 others like this.
  15. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

The term I've hear most often for the early Appalachian settlers is Scots-Irish. This was a rough grouping of protestant (mostly Presbyterian) settlers that originated in lowland scotland, had moved (or been moved) to northern Ireland in the 1600s, then emigrated from there to the american back-country in the 1700s. While there was some intermingling with the existing catholic irish in ireland, much of the impetus for the move from scotland to ireland was to use the scots as a local fighting force to put down catholic irish rebellions. The families that didn't leave for america became the basis for Ulster, and are why that area is still part of England.

So what do people think will be previewed in tomorrow's seminar?

16. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

i'll bet for the new profiles for Kosmo and Nomads and maybe some rules...

wuji and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  17. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

We Tohaa do not understand what "supremacist" is. You inferior being have a really strange way of understanding the universe...

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

And that's exactly how good they are at being an Illuminati organization kind of thing ;)

(Disclaimer; I might have the wrong gist of what the Tohaa dudes on Paradiso were to the Tohaa, but the end result was one very dead colony ship)

melkiach likes this.
  19. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Tohaa are Tohaa to Tohaa werever they are :p

melkiach likes this.
  20. ijw

Sounds about right, most Tohaa don't even know about the organisation that did all the stuff on Paradiso.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation