1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kappa SWC Box?

Discussion in 'O-12' started by Fed4ykin, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Now that the kappa, sniper hacker, an HMG are in the starmada box, so we get the missing missle launcher in a blister?
    And what is with people like me who aren't that inclined to get starmada and want to play vanilla? I really hopes for something different. Not so many new toys but fireteams for the existing ones. Kappa, dakini and betatrooper cores maybe mixed as special, omega Haris, gamma duo, cyberghosts as wildcard, linkable REMs something along this lines.
    But back to topic: What do you guys think are the chances of a kappa SWC box?

2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Fifty-fifty.

More likely than not, you're in a situation where it's best to say fuck it and just buy the Starmada box. Everything in there is for vanilla too, and Corvus Belli just wants their dollah dollah bills y'all.

harl3quin likes this.
  3. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

IMO, pretty much zero, I'm afraid. CB almost never release elements from within an existing box separately, only a handful of exceptions exist. And besides, some of the new toys MIGHT be good for Vanilla and they're still all O-12.

Euro bills actually because Spain :stuck_out_tongue:

4. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

Fireteams in Vanilla? Did I miss something? As much as I would like it, I haven't heard anything like this, so I guess my tapas kappas will be just for proxying for some more time.

On a side note, which mini would you like to see next (for vanilla)? I'm hoping for Varangians, cyberghosts, and PsiCops

5. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

No, I didn't mean fireteams in vanilla. But a sectorial with these units instead of bringing new ones.
    And to answer your question: all profiles without model but the one I want the most are the lynx!
    And minis completing the missing loadouts. So more omegas, betatroopers etc. Before releasing new stuff.

miguelbarbo84 likes this.
  6. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

If you want Varangian Guard, just go buy Scots. The Varangian Guard are legitimately a Caledonian mercenary outfit that O-12 hires.

7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Wonder why the hell Varangian Guard are Scottish when they should be Norse or Rus

8. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Founder wanted a historic reference and PanOceania's norse were too civilised to fit the "barbarian mercenary" theme.

9. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

you get the bike from starmada box!

I think next box for 012 will be Varangians because they are options for many armies now. Next blister probably Razor?

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Rus takes their name from Roslagen, a coastal area just north of Stockholm, though the ones who formed the Varangians seem to be slavic (Kiev). But yeah, even the Anglo-Saxons recruited to the Varangian Guard seem to have been drafted from tribes conquered or heavily influenced by Vikings and if Varangians were to be characterized by an area more accurate to history it should rightfully be Scandinavian.

11. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I think the name is more fitting their position than their culture. The Original Varangian Guard were an elite unit composed of 'Barbarian' foreigners (vikings) that fought for and protected the Byzantine Emperor and his household.

The new Varangian Guard is a Veteran Mercenary Unit composed of 'Barbarian' foreigners (Ariadnan Scots) that work contracts almost exclusively for the chief government of the Human Sphere. (O-12)

#11 Kreslack, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  12. Goorie

Goorie Well-Known Member

That makes a lot of sense.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation