1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parvati

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Kir, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm curious what will be the function of Remote Presence here, as under current rules it'd have no effect whatsoever. Unless she's supposed to have STR, not W

2. SpectralOwl

Two Unconscious states? I don't think that's tied to STR.

3. Stiopa

It is

SpectralOwl likes this.
  4. Catspaw

Catspaw Well-Known Member

Is there any chance that we'll see some type of regular release sculpt down the line? Would love to use her to proxy a few Karakuri.

Ashen_Seeker likes this.
  5. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

1W trooper for 38 points? Yeah, thanks, no.

6. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

No "retreat" state and "courage"?

7. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Unlikely, that would be a new nested rule and they’re moving the opposite way.

It could be that she’s supposed to have STR and the profile’s got a misprint. It may just mean that the rule as a whole is being significantly redone. The whole Ghost: Whatever family of Skills looks to be getting reorganized in N4, for example G: Servant is now Peripheral (Servant), and G: Synchronized is likely to be rolled into Peripheral too, given how it’s written.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if G: Remote Presence has been stripped down to “this model has two levels of unconsciousness, and Doctors/Engineers can spend a Command Token to reroll a failed attempt to heal/repair the model.” Although I seem to recall hearing somewhere that the second Unconscious is going away in N4?

It also wouldn’t surprise me if the rule does very little, but some features are rolled into other rules that target Remote Presence models—for instance, it makes way more sense for “spend a command token to reroll Doc/Engineer if the target model has a Cube or Remote Presence” to live in the Doctor and Engineer skills, and be left out of the actual Remote Presence rule.

Ariwch likes this.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

She's a sophotect basically, she's got the luxury of operating no where near the fight thanks to yudbots. Bigger issue is neither faction she goes in is really in the position to truly get value out of her main selling point which is the ability to pick up a nasty HI pain train.

#28 Triumph, Sep 6, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Dragonstriker likes this.
  9. Kir

Kir Well-Known Member

With that price, I suspect cb might have accidentaly forgot to put NWI on there. CB have had similar errors in the past, and this loadout might not be the one she gets in aleph. Sure, akhbar doctor, engineer upgrade and superjump cost points, but not nearly 40. All aleph 1W 30+ pts models have VWNI except for atalanta, and she pays for BS17, msv2 MSR. Even with two full priced N4 SMGs id not expect her to cost this much. She needs to go out to push buttons, since most cant be done by a servant, and if this is her final profile i'll use her steampunk skin as a proxy at best

10. Nemo No Name

ARM 3 and BTS 6 cost an arm and a leg.

11. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

Save for Bronze+Beta Core in Starmada

12. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Sorta, she can't double heal the betas so I dunno if you get full value out of her, like Nemo says she is a steep price.

13. Kir

Kir Well-Known Member

Both going by specops xp and normal point changes, not that much for a 1w. She's still lacking in a lot of important stats, pricy stats. Had she had straight 14's I wouldve minded less.

14. Nemo No Name

She's got Akbar Doctor, Engineer Plus. I bet you these cost a ton too.

Anyway. That's a hard pass profile for me, both from gameplay and from lore perspective.

15. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Parvati in the Army7 has STR 2. That makes the 38 pts a lot more palatable. I now think she can be a good doctor/engineer for an Asura haris or Yadu fireteam.

16. Iver

Iver Human Plus

I just played with her today, and she's amazing. Her having Wildcard makes her super versatile. I ran her in a core dakini team with a sniperbot and a rudras. I could afford to play the sniper so aggressively since there was a near certainty i could get it up with a single order every turn and the gizmokit let me support the rudras as well. It was such a fun game to play and Parvati performed so well.

17. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

I like the idea of to returning achilles from dead to 2 wounds :D.

Stiopa and Hiereth like this.
  18. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Or Hector, Asuras, Ajax (bless his soul)

Daniel Darko and Stiopa like this.
  19. Stiopa

Oh yes, running her in Duo with Asura will be fun.

Devil_Tiger and Hiereth like this.
  20. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

I find the Asura Lt, Yadu NCO, Pavarti haris tempting on paper, hope to give it a try soon.

Vakarian and Stiopa like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation