1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity and 40k

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by LankyOgreBP, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

The Shasvastii encounter a Genestealer Cult, M42 or 2200 or something
    [​IMG]

bladerunner_35 and Golem2God like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That is a good summary of a first encounter. Then the silent war between the two bio-morphing species would commence in the Human Edge. Do you think the Shasvastii would stand a chance against the Cult or pure Genestealers? Or would the Cult get taken out by the paranoid aliens?

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. Golem2God

I've been thinking as to what 40k faction (mainly Xenos) in the Infinity community's opinion would be a good fit in CB's universe. Which of these factions do you think would fit nicely as an extra player on the galactic plane & engage in warfare against the Combined, Tohaa, Human or any other alien force?

1. The different flavors of Eldar. Craftworld, Dark, Harlequins, Exodites.
    2. The Necrontyr. Any particular Dynasties or Overlords?
    3. Da Orkz. Brutal & Kunnin. Ready to WAAAGH across the galaxy.
    4. The T'au. Another alien civilization like the Tohaa & Ur that focuses on bringing another species into it's fold/dominance. How would the Greater Good fare in this new universe?
    5. Tyranids & Genestealer Cults. The Great Devourer has come & woe to the biomass that stand in it's paths.
    6. Veer-myn or Space Skaven. Intelligent Rats in space. Lead by a Matriarch if you go Mantic Games Veer-myn route which follows after certain rat species in creation.
    7. A lesser or mostly unknown species. Kroot or another interesting alien lifeform that has been dropped into CB's world.

stevenart74 likes this.
  4. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

I think Tau could be hilarious because you change nothing bar where they are and... they're not only one of the oldest and largest factions instantly rather than smallest and youngest, they're also the most evil rather than one of the few good(ish) factions. OTOH they're maybe too similar to CA in some ways and in the Infinity setting would likely also rely on wormholes rather than quick jumps through hell. Kroot would also provide mercenaries.

Eldar could also be amusing, since thanks to the webway they're not as restricted by wormhole access as other players, though we're going to need to count shurikens as AP only, not monofilament, I think. Eldar Corsairs and Rangers would be good mercenaries, but as this isn't 40k you could easily have a combined Eldar pre-fall society of sorts. Just make the DEldar the freaky deaky sex cult guys, like Bakunin or Neoterra.

Orks would to me be immediately the frenemies of Morats. Big, aggressive, buuuut refusing to help the EI, and the Orks would love something just as tough to fight. They'd HATE Shasvastii though, all 'dat sneakin'. Freebooterz mean an NA2 faction and mercs. Feral Orks and clan-based shenanigans would be interesting as well.

Nids wouldn't fit so great IMO, they're too big for the Imperium to stop, there's no way to stop them rolling over most Infinity factions with ease. They're more an inevitable end, not just a threat. Even the Cults are a bit fiddly all things considered given how small the Sphere really is.

Necrons, again, would be a bit cumbersome and overpowered to be a real threat rather than an instant game over. As it is the CA being resisted by the Human Sphere is making less and less sense so also being able to hold off skeletons rising out of the ground on Bourak seems very unlikely.

Space Rats In Space are a blank slate really. Don't have to ape Skaven or Veer-Myn, could go any other way. Could even have Good Space Rats that aren't the whole die-die man-thing casual chemical warfare and plagues that ratmen usually get. Like the ones in FF9. And since they're in Infinity, have the CA blow up their cities just like FF9!

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Golem2God

I think the Nids would cause alliances to form between parties that wouldn't entertain the though previously. The Combined Army could match the Nids at first unless the Hive Fleet or Fleets start nabbing successful victories and grow their forces. Aliens would align and sworn enemies would fight together for survival. A super-powered Hive Fleet vs the Combined forces of the Tohaa, E.I. & Humanity seems like an interesting space war to think upon.

With Genestealer Cults I think it could work considering how large CB's universe is just be looking at the Tohaa & E.I.'s empires. What would you think of just dropping Genestealers and no other Tyranid lifeform into the infinity universe? The Patriarch Genestealer & the Cult's main goal is to prepare for the arrival of a Hive Fleet but if you take away any possibility of a Hive Fleet coming then you have a group who's mission is doomed to failure. Just like how the E.I. & Ur race is doomed in their goal of ascending the material plane no matter what they do. The Genenstealer species would be considered a dangerous parasite to the races fo the galaxy worming it's way into their population. Starting with the outer realms of their territories and then moving inward. I think this premise can work & perhaps be interesting if done right.
    It would be a three way war between the T'au, Tohaa & E.I. to control the galaxy. Three empires that seek to bring the universe under it's folds and use them to further their own goals. Time would tell if Humanity will become another Hyper-Power in the grand scheme. I can see Puretide being the head of the T'au force that makes first contact with Mankind. Shadowsun, Farsight & Krais would be his apprentice commanders underneath him. Eventually after Puretide's death the students would eventual drift apart due to different ideals. Farsight would end up leaving the T'au Empire after coming across the secret of the Ethereal's control. He & the T'au, Xenos allies would become a buffer Enclave near the Human Sphere. Partaking in conflicts as Mercs by Humanity's side when it suits them.
    Good Space Rats sounds like a novel idea. Let them be a Herald race with a Digester similar to what the the Tohaa used to be before they went dark. And unlike the Tohaa actually have good intentions in allying with Humanity instead of sizing Mankind up for a client race like the T'au, E.I. or Tohaa would. I can see the Rats reveling O-12 & the Human nations that Humanity has a Digester due to the Vermin having one of their own. That would piss off the Tohaa who would have to lie about not knowing about Digesters which would cause the Rats to be wary of the Artichokes. Knowing full well that a alien civilization does not reach the level the Tohaa have without help from a Digester. The Tohaa in turn would begin scheming to get rid of the Rats so Humanity will be under their own sway & prevent them & Mankind from uncovering their lies. This would be a good backdrop for conflicts between the Vermin (I need a good name for the species) & the Tohaa.

The Rodents of Unusual Size would still be masters of Chemicals & use them in warfare but unlike Tohaa focus on Bio-Punk they lean on Techology like the Veer-myn of Mantic Games. Humanity would be a bit hesitant & worrisome of Man-sized & larger intelligent rats due to Earth rats being pests & filth carriers. It would take some time to warm up to them but I think the intergalactic war will stoke the fires of friendship hotter for survival's sake. I think having the rats be lead by Matriarchs could be a novel idea with both male and female rodents in positions of power but the top of the pyramid is reserved for the best females of the race.
    Necrons would be similar to Tyranid Hive Fleets in that if they get victories under their belts & conquer then they will become a problem to the galaxy at large. Causing alliances between old enemies to survive or prevent subjugation. Though depending on the mentality of the rulers of the Dynasties Necrons would war with each other just as often as with other species. Some Dynasties would be more friendly towards the younger races for their own gains. I'm sure some of them are looking for new flesh bodies to re-inhabit for their race. While others will just wish to erase the universe of all life but the Necron. Another war in heaven would commence between the E.I. & the Necron who would mostly join together in order to crush the upstart Ur and keep the Necrontyr on top of the galactic plane.
    The Orkz would be considered a dangerous annoyance at first for the species of the galaxy. Just brutish & effective raiders & barbarians looking to always wage warfare on a grand scale. That is until they find out that Orkz regenerate rather quickly & that once they have invaded a planet they will continue to spout up as weeds every so often. Then the threat level of the Old Ones war machines will be taken much more seriously by everyone. Forever to be a pain in the side of Empires and planets until time ends.
    The Eldar won't end up making alot fo friends since their pride is not hidden like the Tohaa. They wouldn't be liked by the galaxy at large for the superiority the exhale but their highly advanced civilization would come in handy as an ally. If you can suffer them long enough to fight off the E.I. forces. The fact that Dark Eldar & Corsairs would pillage would further cause species to be distrust of Eldar on top of only joining a cause if it can positively effect their race. Thought Eldar Exodites would at least be reasonable to deal with as they are the least like their other mysteriously driven brethren. No one, including the rest of the Space Elf faction, knows what the Harlequins are planning or thinking. They come across as strange dancers one moment and killer clowns the next.

stevenart74 and Del S like this.
  6. Golem2God

I forgot to add one last Warhammer race that could be placed in the Infinity universe namely the Seraphon/Lizardmen of the Old Ones.

Space Reptiles/Dinos that are perhaps the only galaxy spanning Empire to hold off and push back against the Combined Army with no outside help or client races. They would be in possession of a Digester or perhaps the Old Ones had some hand in the creation of the Digesters and bestowed some upon the Seraphon as a gift. If the Reptilians are anything like their Warhammer counterparts then they would be very advanced as Sigmar lore states them to be like daemons of Order. Warping into situations and being able to disappear as quickly.
    Another aspects of the Warhammer Lizards is their determined resolve to do anything to achieve the Great Plan (aka kill chaos) with results in a predatory ruthlessness further enhanced by their Reptilian aspects. They would be seen as allies by other races who fight against the E.I. but ones that are to be kept at an arm's distance. Since their willingness to do anything to accomplish their creator's plan makes them unpredictable. To the determent of both those fighting along side of them and the Combined forces. Morats & Saurus Warriors fight in head on battles while Shasvastii & Seraphon Shinks would duke it out in guerilla warfare. They would be an enemy of equal strength for the E.I. to deal with. Someone that has a good chance of threatening the Ur's goals of transcendence yet might hold the key to accomplish that goal.

But if the Space Lizards are different from Seraphon how would they fare/interact with the universe at large? Would ideas would you think a Reptilian race would be like in Corvus Belli's universe?

stevenart74 and Del S like this.
  7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

The Slann WERE in 40k, at least in the beginning. The fantasy lizardmen mage-frog-creatures. Back in the RT days. One of the older races. If not "THE" old ones, one of the races that made them up.
    (as opposed to Slaanesh, the god created by Eldar out-of-control hedonism for it's own sake. Double 'n' for the former, double "a" for the latter. So many people mix them up. )

Savnock and Golem2God like this.
  8. Golem2God

Agreed. I also remember the Slann in 40k. They played a big part in the Necron/C'tan vs Slann/Eldar, Orkz, etc...galaxy spanning war. GW hasn't come out and said that they are extinct but it many people think that is the case. Though since GW has brought back some older aspects of their lore like the Zoats (which are no longer part of the Tyranids) & Genestealer Cults it remains to be seen if Slann, Lizardmen or something else will be brought over & made a reality. GW has mentioned recently that they plan to bring more factions into 40k which could simply mean something like Chaos Imperial Guard/Lost & the Damned getting official support as a separate entity. Apparently more factions will bring in more money for the wargaming giant.

chromedog and stevenart74 like this.
  9. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

My friends and i are low-key hoping they'll make Zoats into a full faction along the lines of Ogres or Custodes, a very elite but very tough faction for the people who want to start on a budget or who don't want a metric ton of plastic. I would also personally be down for The Lost and the Damned being a legit thing again, i wouldn't mind being able to play another faction for just the price of a book, kinda like Knight players.

Savnock, Ashen_Seeker and Golem2God like this.
  10. Golem2God

I'd be shocked if that did come to pass. The Zoats seem to be more Mercenaries than a faction to play with. Which gets me wondering if GW is actually thinking of adding Merc units/models that certain armies can use. It would be crazy if that turned out to be true. I'd personally would be shocked myself.

11. chromedog

Zoats were mercenaries going back to RT days (and 2nd ed 40k).

Initially, they were a slave race bred to be "diplomats" by the Tyranids to get the "you're next, noms" planets ready for the harvest.
    "Diplomats" need a certain amount of intelligence, to cope with how other races work - and this was also the downside. Some of them were just that little bit too "smart" and rebelled. The Tyranids then decided to deal with insurrection the only way they knew how to. They attempted to wipe out this upstart slave race. A few of the more intelligent Zoats fled into human space, eking out an existence. You could use them as mercenaries in the Eldar army in 2nd edition, and they were an option for "Yriel's Eldritch Raiders" in RT days.

Savnock, Golem2God and Dragonstriker like this.
  12. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

and that is why now one has been spotted in the blackstone fortress...

To be fair I don't understand why they even existed: so the nids could eat more peacefully without spending energy/biomass to subdue their victims?

Golem2God likes this.
  13. Golem2God

That is why I think that GW is going to use them in a much different fashion. Turning them into a species that almost got nomed by the Malal space bugs and are now Mercenaries in 40k's Human Sphere.

14. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

Yeah but 40K doesn't really set itself up for having interspecies mercenaries, Hell Infinity barely does, the T'au and the various flavors of pointy ears would be the only ones to use them, everyone else would pretty much fight them as look at them. which is why its slightly more realistic they'd be turned into a small range army *if* GW is even doing more than going "see look a Zoat remember those? Nostalgia!" which is probably the more realistic option.

though that'd be an idea, give T'au the Zoats an Ogryn equivalent for something tough for their opponents to shoot into. or they could actually make Kroot useful in close combat, that'd also be neat.

Golem2God and chromedog like this.
  15. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

If I may join this thread...

I'm getting into WH40K currently and, having read on the Silent King of the Necrons, I realized that he's the possible crossover point between WH40K and Infinity.

Here's my reasoning...

The Silent King's name is Szarek, right? Well... it might sound all ominous in English, but it's not like in Polish (my native language). For once, "Szarik" is the name of a much-liked dog from one classic TV show... also, "szarak" is a word that is occassionally used when referring to hares, rabbits... bunnies. So yes... the menacing king of the Necrons is actually named "Bunny".

... and we all know there is a rather iconic robotic bunny in the Infinity universe...

So here's my ideas: after the Necrons went into hibernation and Szarek went off to his exile, at one point he ended up on Infinity's Earth. Where he mascaraded as a harmless ALEPH bot. And then, he had countless adventures as Atalanta's SpotBot!

He's been there all along, hiding in plain sight!

Aaaargh! It's insane!!! But it's so obvious, if you think about it..! :P

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  16. chromedog

This pretty much describes the motives behind GW resurrecting models or units from antiquity and giving them a new sculpt. Like squats [reset the clock].
    They know that people who had them back in the day, only to have sold them off angrily when they were purged from the game (3rd ed) will happily jump back on the bandwagon and spend craploads of cashola to own them again.

Me, I've still got 3 40k zoats from antiquity. They got updated with some more modern tyranid biomorph weapons in the late 90s, but yeah. I'm not spending *that* much one one model and a pile of cards I won't use.

colbrook and Golem2God like this.
  17. Golem2God

@Varsovian That is quite a nice theory. An interesting one when you think about it. Perhaps the Silent King Bunny Bot is hoping to use this experience as a stepping stone to bring his race back. Aleph having such colorful A.I.s would help make the lower Necron's who lost their personality/soul be given more "life" or at least an experiment to see how it fares.

stevenart74 and Varsovian like this.
  18. Varsovian

Or, maybe, he's trying to subvert ALEPH!

Or, he's just bored... ;)

Golem2God likes this.
  19. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

Now I'd like to see a bunny bot (looking at Atalanta's) being a splinter aspect going around the Human Sphere:
    - either delusional, imaging to be a great villain, speaking to crowds of fellow bots of dethroning humans form power, while in truth, he robs childrens of candies(and other petty things that don't cause any harm) and instead of masses of bot, peluches and teddy bear in a nomad's child room: a typical saturday morning cartoon villain;
    - similar to the above, but it is an aspect design to lower the guards of the nomads and gain their trust(?)(a la sell nomads' souls to aleph)

Szarak: the bunny king!

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Varsovian

Behold the true face of the king!

[​IMG]

So... anyone up for converting the upcoming Silent King model from GW so that it features the BunnyBot instead? ;)

Golem2God, jherazob and Ashen_Seeker like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation