1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Company?

Discussion in 'White Company' started by yoink101, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

For the sake of reference i'm posting the images here.

I think the Fsilier core would be used the most then Kaplan. There's some sick things you do with them too.

Fusilier core (I really wish CB and gone with something like this)
    1-5 fusiler
    0-2 ORC
    0-1 Haidao
    0-1 Hawkwood
    0-1 Valerya

Kaplan
    1-5 Kaplan
    0-4 Jujak
    0-2 CSU
    0-1 Shona
    0-1 Haidao
    0-1 Liang Kai
    0-1 Hawkwood
    0-1 Valerya

ORC
    1-5 ORC
    0-4 Jujak
    0-1 Haidao
    0-1 Hawkwood
    0-1 Valerya

Just thought of this Duo, Varangian+Hadao MSR. Smoke and gun in one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#81 Space Ranger, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I thought already about that and I thought why the hell Invincible Army are not allowed to have smoke and is "no smoke for Pan O" still a thing, with Nisses and Haidao MSV in a sectorial with smoke guys. At least the Nisses has no link options here. So MSV2+Mime -3 are one of the very few "no gos" for linkablity in a sector with smoke available?

3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

AVA 3 Haidao Wildcards to plug holes in fireteams should have remained an IA specific thing IMO, and I don't even play IA.

This looks like a pretty interesting core team:

FUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    ORC Boarding Shotgun + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)
    VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Hacking Device UPGRADE: Expel) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)

2.5 SWC | 118 Points

Haidao MSR is likely going to rival the Kamau MSR for the top spot. It does lack mimetism, but it's more resilient and gets smoke support in WC.

Valeria in a core fireteam with Tinbot A is a pretty nasty proposition as well. B2 Pitcher and Deployable repeater(s) on the Fusilier filler enable a large hacking area through just the fireteam alone. Dashat can pull a similar trick with their ZuYong + ABH Core + Valeria, but they don't get the same oppressive long range threat in the Rui Shi. They do get a better Tinbot B, although those might be consolidated into a single level in N4 for all we know. Anyway, comparing similarly or favourably to Dashat is not a good sign in terms of balance.

4. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

mimetism is huge, kamau still got the top place (around 10%+ VS 2W)
    but haidao is a solid ARO piece but expensive

5. ldgif

ldgif Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I really don’t get how they judge what a Sectorial gets access to in terms of Smoke/MSV2. RTF shows they are okay with limited smoke+Mimetism+MSV2. Then you have Nomads where only CJC is the only sectorial with MSV2 allowance?

6. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Pano smoke is a meme by now, anyway...

7. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

The Haidao is more expensive, but not by too much. Defensively, I'd much rather have the NWI than mimetism. Offensively, the smoke/MSV options is there on a mixed core, but with AVA 2 on smoke grenades in the whole sectorial, I'd include an HMG in the team, even if it's just a Fusilier, to do most of the active shooting.

8. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Mimetism is really important, without it the aro piece can be bruteforced.
    NWI means it is going to die on the job while Kamau most of the time gets one hit and is then healed and ready to strike back

9. SpectralOwl

They're both Shock Immune, and the Hai Dao can fail Guts. I still think the Kamau is a stronger piece, but the Hai Dao is actually more resilient. Not to mention that the Kamau may want to stay up on Turn 3, for example, and fail a key Guts check.

10. Space Ranger

Well I got one right lol

East of Irem and Daireann like this.
  11. Space Ranger

Not sure if it's still the case however, if the NWI figure takes a wound it can decide to go unconscious instead, to later be healed by a doctor. Also if it does go into NWI, a doctor or medic can heal them. He could be great in a Kaplan with doctor team. And right now, looking at the sectoral list again there's one Yisheng and then the Kaplan doctors. I wish YJ had as many doctors.

12. archon

archon Well-Known Member

In Ramah the mimetism version can not link except from duo and the linkable msv is "only*" a MK12, not HMG or Sniper. Maybe this are the limitations.
    *) that used to eat up half of my army once ...

In CJC you have the intruder, still a dangerous unit, but against a five strong fireteam he has to relay on his camo, vs Kamau or Haidao in full link he is the one who lives dangerous.

There is still the possibility that they kick the msv2 option from the Haidaos in WC.

Another thing I see now is Liang Kai. I know he is a merc of some kind, but in his "home" sectorial WB, he can only do duo with another high CC Chars, what is questionable. In WC he can go full fireteam with Kaplans :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Hecaton likes this.
  13. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

I was thinking a Zhanshi doctor, or at least a yudbot attached to one, to babysit a cheap Fusilier core. But a Kaplan can do it for cheap too.

The Mukhtar can haris, but can't be in a full core. And a Mukhtar haris is *expensive.* As for the guy who can core, it's just a Mk12. Just a BS 13, damage 16, super-jumping Mk12. In a core, with an NCO with smoke grenades.

14. archon

archon Well-Known Member

You are right, they have a haris profil. I just take a quick look. So potentialy you can have a Mukhtar Haris with BS 13/B 5 Red Fury and and superjumping, DAM 16, BS 16/B 4 MK12 in a core, supportet bei "first shot(s) free" NCO Smoke LGL. Still not HMG or Sniper ARO but very dangerous on it own.

15. Space Ranger

I was thinking that if I were to run WC as a YJ sectoral, what would be the equivalent proxy for a while. Here's what I was thinking.

Fusilier = Zhansshi
    Danavas = Daoying
    CSU = CSU or ABH
    Kaplan = Ye Mao
    Nokken = Kanren
    Nisses = Hundun
    ORC = Shang Ji
    Varangian = Shaolin
    Bulleteer = Rui Shi
    Peacemaker = Lu Duan
    Shona = Jing Quo
    Remotes are the equivalent

16. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

:kissing_heart:Congratulations! White company now have it’s own place in NA topic.

As for me, I’d like to try white company cause there are lots of miniatures which are pleasant to see.
    I like Kaplans, but I don’t want to play Foreign Company.
    I like named characters in White Company. (Especially Taowu Mastermind. So stylish! Ahhh)

I don’t know, how it would work, but at lest I like flavor of this NA faction.
    And historic John Hawkwood was really cool.
    (I know! I know. He was romanticized, but I like it. We need such things))

17. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

I feel like WhiteCo would benefit the most from the 15 order cap. It is not designed around trading units with the enemy at all. It is also a pretty straightforward sectorial in terms of tricks: what you see is what you get. If that is a camo – it is a Guilang (or Nokk's mine). The only possible surprises are Tao Wu, Tiger, and Kunai Ninja. So I am pretty interested in how it performs against some of the more spammy armies like Dahshat.

18. Space Ranger

Dahshat is so flexible it doesn't need to go spammy if it doesn't want to. WC though would really have to stretch to make more than 15. The cheapest troops they have are the CSU and Varangians, both AVA 2, and Fusiliers. At least they are AVA total.

19. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

Dont forget the AVA 3 on Fugazi. That and a core with 3-4 Fusiliers can easily lead to a 15-order list.

20. Mune

Mune New Member

I was really hyped for White Company, but men I have to say I'm so disappointed in the sector.
    Feels like all they did was taking Kaldstrom and some random units.

"Its gone be PanO, YJ and Aleph"
    So we got 1 Danavas. So we're even in Haqq and Aleph units in this sector.

Also its leaking camo stats.
    Imo marker state will get even stronger with less orders now that TW is the way to go.

Did I mention am rather disappointed?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation