1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternate Hungries?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by DaRedOne, Mar 2, 2018.

1. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Okay, with the new proxy rules I think I'll finally take the chance to be able to never use the actual models for the hungries again. I personally hate those sculpts and would love to try and use something else for my hungries.

Question is: What?

So far I have no idea what models would make good hungry replacements, so anyone has suggestions? Minor conversions wouldn't be a problem.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I'm in the process of rebooting my MAF/CA - I used to use GW Kroot Hounds, but I'm going to swap over to Symbio Bombs/Mates. Gives me some proxies for Maakrep Trackers at the same time.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

If you're limiting yourself to Corvus Belli S2 models, I don't really think there's anything that would make more sense than the existing Gaki/Preta box.

Maybe old Void/Vector Operators?

xagroth likes this.
  4. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Sepsitored krazy koalas.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Those are S1...

Maybe you could ask some friends to lend you some Antipodes and try and see if you can mount them on S2 bases? Aside from that, I can't think of anything :S

6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Aliens from AvP board game come on 25 mm bases and they don't seem to be an uncommon (or, rather, unique) way to proxy hungries.

AdmiralJCJF and Zeidan like this.
  7. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Use Kuang Shi.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Those are not from Corvus, thus not legal proxies, that's the problem (I would suggest some Dirz "zergs" from the defunct Confrontation if it were otherwise).

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Barrogh

@xagroth
    Oh, pft. Had a massive brainfart there and overlooked the context.

I was in search for some proxies for our "it doesn't matter where minis come from" home games for some time, so I felt such a request was plausible.

xagroth likes this.
  10. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

I have a box of Hungries awaiting assembly for my growing MAF army. Are you - as one of MAT's most prominent and successful players, saying the current Hungries sculptures are problematic in games, or just visually unappealing.

(I have a long history of trying to play models I like, but that turn out to be too much hassle on the tabletop. Yes, I'm looking at you Warhammer 40,000 Eldar Swooping Hawks! And you Pan O Seraph, you needn't try to hide behind that building - your facing may be correct, but your base is so far from the scenery that not only can you not claim Partial Cover, but Aleph's Penthisilea could ride her fracking bike through the gap!)

So before I crack the Hungries box, are you telling me it's going to be more of that sort of nonsense?

And can someone link the new proxy rules, please?

Golem2God and DaRedOne like this.
  11. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

hahahahaha, I think that's an exageration. There are better players than me out there, being vocal about something doesn't make you good at it.

My beef with the current hungry models is mostly aesthetic. I don't like their poses, and in fact one friend changed them around and they looked quite better, but I am not sure if I have the patience to do that as he had to cut, repose, make new bases and a whole lot of work too.

As for the new proxy rules, they're here:

https://www.infinitythegame.com/blog/news/item/474-its-s9-proxies-rules-a-change-for-improvement

check it out

Golem2God and Wolf like this.
  12. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

One minor nice thing about the models is that their limbs are fairly thin so they're easily bendable for minor pose changes.

Golem2God likes this.
  13. Obeisance

Obeisance Well-Known Member

I ordered a box of Hungries online.

Got in the mail. Opened it. Looked at the way the models contacted the bases.

Closed the box and haven't opened it again.

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I got mine from 2nd hand with an Anyat (counting postage expenses, I broke even, so I just saved on the time to find someone who wanted to eat a Bipandra XD). And man... they are sooooo hard to storage.

First, some project their "claws" outside of their Silhouette, second they look like too "mobile", one of them is even "walking" with one claw on the ground :S
    So, I have to weigh the bases more to give them stability, and then I need to cut a raster to size for them. Too much trouble, frankly -.-U

15. Wolf

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. They have the look of models that are going to fall over, and be a hassle throughout a game.

16. Wolf

Good clarification, thank you.

Thanks again.
    I have a question about how that should best be managed for courtesy in tournaments, but it's off topic, so I'll post elsewhere.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

I'll agree that they are difficult to put together but standing on the claw is completely optional. All the models are able to stand with feet on the bases.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Wolf

Im most interested in the stability of the models; how would they be alteed to get their feet onto their bases?
    IMG_0871.JPG

19. Barrogh

As someone who had his share of dealing with, erm, dynamic poses, I'd say small fishing sinkers incorporated in bases will be your friends.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation