1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Trooper Targets and Total Cover

Discussion in 'Rules' started by WillJoeBeck, Jun 11, 2020.

1. WillJoeBeck

WillJoeBeck Member

Can targets that are not troopers, for example G-Servant models and mines receive the benefits of total cover?

Per the Code One Wiki

Types of Cover
    Total Cover
    Total Cover completely blocks the attacker's vision of his target, obstructing any LoF to their Silhouette.

A Trooper is in Total Cover when one or more scenery items completely blocks LoF to its Silhouette.

Partial Cover
    Partial Cover does not allow the attacker to see the whole Silhouette of their BS Attack's target.

A Trooper is in Partial Cover when they are in contact with a piece of scenery that partially obscures their Silhouette.

HellLois has stated in a different thread that the use of Trooper means that mines cannot receive the benefits of cover, only troopers can.

So does this mean you can just shoot mines that are completely behind scenery items due to them being incapable of receiving the benefits of total or partial cover?

Somehow I doubt this is the developers intent, but if they wish for non troopers to receive Total Cover and not Partial Cover they could do a better job of explaining this within the rules.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You still need to draw LOF to your target when declaring BS Attack, as this is part of the skill's requirements

chromedog and Willen like this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Did how not getting Partial Cover interacts with Discover for Mines that are still represented by a Camo Marker get resolved?

4. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

I made a mistake, I'm a filthy human, and for that I can correct my mistakes :P

The Cover effects stated "target of the attack", so not only troopers gets cover, mines can benefit of it.

[​IMG]

Teslarod, solkan, Sabin76 and 4 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation