1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hassasin Bahram beginner

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Xagul82, May 23, 2020.

1. Xagul82

Xagul82 Well-Known Member

After a few games under my belt with vanilla Haqq, I like to test the Hassasin Bahram.

The scenario will be "destroy the transmitter" and "place antenna" (from 20*20).

My opponent will be JSA and we are playing 300 pts. tactical window (15 models).

This is the list I came up with:

Hassassin Bahram──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 FARZAN (Marksmanship L1, Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24) FARZAN (Marksmanship L1, Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24) FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23) ÁYYĀR (Surprise Shot L2) Shock Marksman Rifle / 2 Viral Pistols, CCW, Knife. (0 | 39) MUYIB (X Visor) Spitfire, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28) MUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22) MUYIB Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27) MUYIB Lieutenant Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and Smoke Ammo.) / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23) LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20) RAGIK Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 25)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]2 DAYLAMI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17) DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8) DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8) MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5) MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5) 5 SWC | 298 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

The idea was to have enough d-charges to do the primary mission and the secondary mission should also be no problem with the Farzans.

Thanks for your feedback in advance!

Xagul82

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_I01WD mit Tapatalk

2. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

While trying to change as little as possibile your list (I think you have to make your own opinion of every piece you like!), I'd just put in at least an Asawira in the Muyib Fireteam: this way you have one BS 13 linked heavy hitter with 2W, which you were missing, and that can help you take down big targets. On the other hand, there's almost no situation where I would recommend you the Daylami HMG!

Here's the list with minimal changes:

Hassassin Bahram
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    FARZAN (Marksmanship L1, Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    FARZAN (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    ÁYYĀR (Surprise Shot L2) Shock Marksman Rifle / 2 Viral Pistols, CCW, Knife. (0 | 39)
    MUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    MUYIB Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    MUYIB Lieutenant Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and Smoke Ammo.) / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
    ASAWIRA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    RAGIK Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]3
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Xagul82 likes this.
  3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I would ditch the Daylami HMG. At BS 11 he's not going to be very effective at removing enemy AROs. What you replace him with is a matter of taste, but if you still want ARO removal, a third Daylami panzerfaust would be enough to coordinate them.

Also, Fidays aren't mandatory I guess, but if your goal is to try out HB, I'd take at least one.

Myomer and Xagul82 like this.
  4. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Thank you for defining the mission and thus parameters of victory.

5. Xagul82

I hope I understood you right:

Primary objective is to blow up the enemy transmitter - only possible with a close combat attack. The transmitter is ARM and BTS 6 STR 2 S 3 and can be repaired with the engineer skill.

Secondary goal is to place more antennas than the enemy and in best case to have the antenna at the highest spot.

Xagul82

6. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Oh sorry! No sarcasm intended! Just a "Thank You" since people can find out what the mission objectives are. The bulk of people who ask for advice or discussion provide no context at all.

7. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

" Destroy the Transmitter" also includes an
    Exclusion zone: no modell in the enemy half of the table (inferior infiltration counts as FD1) during deployment.

I would field 2 Fiday with DA CCW to get as fast as possible to the enemy Transmitter und perhaps a Shihab REM for keeping your opponent from repairing it

8. Xagul82

Yeah, I forgot to mention that... I thought about the Fiday but the Farzan is able to start nearer to the transmitter, if I got the rules of the scenario right.

9. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with that mission but if its like looting and sabotaging, you might want to put in some mine layers. A common tactic is to spend your first turn eliminating MSV2 ARO pieces and then have an infitrator drop smoke and destroy the objective (Fiday). The best defense against that is minelayers (Muyibs & Farazan). Plan B is to actually fight your way to the objective.

It's one of the few missions i don't like because a specialized list completely massacres all comers lists.

10. Xagul82

We had our game yesterday. To be honest, it was just half a game [emoji6], deployment, thinking and discussing takes some time, because we are quite new to infinity...

Asawira in the link did most of the work. High base BS and link bonuses work together fine. Although deploying and moving a five men link is quite challenging.

The Farzans were a distraction I guess and hindert my opponents deployment (I deployed first).

Walking the Ragik from a table edge turned out quite well too.

The Ayyar had not much opportunities so I guess I have to use him another time.

Thanks a lot for your inputs!

Spauracchio likes this.
  11. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Usually it turns out that some of your models don't see much use in a given game.
    It is normal, nothing to worry about.

They might have been deplyed where there was not much action in the end, or their specific skill/equipment set wasn't called for, or simply some other models were better tools to achieve your goals in that specific game. Keep that in mind - if you ended up not using some models, it only means you brought more eligible models thna it ended up necessary. Which is a way better outcome than the other way around - bringing too few eligible, active models, losing them and having nothing to throw into the fray once you don't have these...

Which, by the way, I consider a viable strategic approach against lists based on few very powerful models. "Knocking out their fangs" - concentrate on getting rid of these models, and leave your opponent with merely a hand of low-value, relatively ineffective models to play with. In my meta, I have many times seen a player surrender the game when being put in that situation: "they had nothing more to play with".

Urobros, kesharq and Xagul82 like this.
  12. Xagul82

During listbuilding I came across the following two questions:

* How to deal with units with any kind of camo (Ryuken 9 ODD or other units with visual mods)
    * How to deal with a Karakuri (high BTS and total imunity)

My ideas were ignore them and smoke them as long as possible, but at some point dealing with them is inevitalble.
    The Karakuri can be hacked/isolated but with BTS 6 thats not as easy as it sounds.

MSV1 is an option against visual mods, but I,m not quite sure if a Govad sniper without friends could handle the problem.

How do you guys approach such situations?

Thanks for your experiences in advance!

13. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I try to get up close to the camo/mimetism/odd/to model and use the shotgun everyone is wielding in its best rangeband.

Myomer and Xagul82 like this.
  14. Xagul82

against OOD thats a 50% chance of hitting and a 10% chance of me loosing the roll better than the other options I came up with.... :-(

15. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

- Stick a mine around a corner staring down the Ryuken. Now when you attack it it has to eat the mine when it replies. Or you just ignore it now that the mine has pinned it down.
    - Stab it with a Fiday.
    - Get it out of cover and suprise shot it with a Farzan.
    - Shoot it in the back.
    - If it's causing that much trouble it must be pretty far up the board, if your core link can reach it they'll outshoot it pretty easily.
    - Chain rifle it with one of your four Mutts.
    - Throw smoke on it.

The chain rifle will often be the simplest option. Mutts are the answer to everything.

Errhile and Xeurian like this.
  16. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Apart from the suggestions already brought up:

Ryuken: You can also just outrange them, because SMGs. Either a Asawira Spitfire or a HMG Govad do the job for me.
    If nothing else is available, try specfired grenades. Can be a trap for yourself, but if its the only thing you have to deal with them...

Karakuri: Either bind them with a Fiday in CC or if you have a somewhat CC proficient link, then you can even take them out due to B and PH bonuses.
    If that is not an option move a Ghazi into Jam range and Aro them for every order.
    Or get a AHD or Repeater near them. ARO with Icebreaker and if they are Imm1 and try to Reset out of it, use Oblivion. But be aware of KHDs.

Xagul82 likes this.
  17. Xagul82

Thanks for your ideas, I guess I try a combination of, Sniper, hacking, and brute force [emoji854].

I try to give a short summary after the game.

18. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Besides, anything will collapse if you manage to pump enough dice-worth of shots into it. Preferably with high-Burst, high-Damage weapon on an effectively high BS model.
    A Fireteamed Asawira Spitfire does ace here, but it is one of the applications where a Govad HMG (especially in a Fireteam) can come really handy. HMG and MSV L1 may be not as good as same with MSV L2, but we don't have MSV L2 in Bahram, so that's as good as it gets.

Karakuri are just tough metal dollies with Total Immunity - but weight of fire will take them down.
    Ryukan 9 are just another ODD / TO Camo-equivalent target. In most cases, one good hit and they come down. Actually, it is HI and TAGs with -6 to hit that are rather resilient to that tactic, especially in Cover: I had long and painfully slugged it out with a Hac Tao in local meta, it was pretty difficult to put it down...

19. Xagul82

So thanks to all for your input, i came up with the following list:

Hassassin Bahram
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    GOVAD HMG / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    ASAWIRA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 43)
    AVICENNA Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    GOVAD Sniper Rifle / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    BARID Hacker (Assault Hacking Device UPGRADE: Icebreaker) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    BARID (Forward Observer) Lieutenant Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    LASIQ (Fatality L1) Viral Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Its again a primary and a secondary mission form the 20x20 systhem.

Primary: secure high ground (getting points for finishing on one of the 4 defined high spots at the beginning of the game)
    Secondary: photography (take pictures of certain units MI, HI, TAGs; WB if the ARM is high enough....) FO, SO an journalists get a +6 to the Wip-roll.

The Assawira in the 5-men-link should do the heavy lifting, while the Govads deal whith any visual mods, beside smoke. The Barrids should deal whith the Karakuri but I have to be ware of a Killer Hacker Ninja.

The Rafiqs and the Fanous should use their Sniffer/Sensor to make the life of to-camo units hader, deactivate the CrazyKoalas and discover camomarkers.

The Lassiq is here to hold/or contest high ground coming from unexpected angles.

Thats the plan, but any plan is just as good as the person who has to execute it :-) so we will see!

I will report after the game for the ones interested, but first we have to set the date for the game;-)

20. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Whats your plan for the core link? Meaning, do you want to let them stay in or near your DZ or do you want to advance with them? If the latter, your link is very vulnerable if something comes close to them. You can migitate that with the mines of the Mines of the Farzans and themselves, but the 0-8 range could need a Shotgun to cover your other link members.
    You are quite light on ARO potential...is that intentional?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation