1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do We Want In Code One?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Del S, Apr 1, 2020.

1. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I've found this to be a pretty big advantage until my opponent wised up and realised that taking out the gecko hardly even slows me down.

Willen and inane.imp like this.
  2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

I'd be down for an upgrade to multi rifles.

Never underestimate the value of a distraction Carnifex.

Willen and loricus like this.
  3. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

I'd like a MB Haris option, as well as a price reduction. Geckos need something, SWC changes on Wildcats and Tomcats (drop the unnecessary tax), and really that's about it off the top of my head, well, along with the other changes to N4 like MI 4-4 move and HI 6-2.

4. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

Geckos probably need 6-2 MOV and maybe Full Auto L1 on the Mk12 so that it can get a decent burst. Also something like Mimetism or Climbing Plus would significantly help it be the short range gunfighter it's supposed to be.

5. Tourniquet

so a tikbalang then

loricus likes this.
  6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

But for 0.5 SWC :p

7. MattB89

Yes they need something to justify their points cost. And STR 3 with low burst weapons and slow 4-4 MOV for a TAG is just terrible. I would even swap the changes I mentioned above for Camo instead as it would allow them to get somewhere without being completely outshot.

8. Tourniquet

So an Uhlan.

Also how is B3 low burst? and it's movement is fine, if you can move a TM or KB up the table well you shouldn't have any problems with it.

inane.imp and Willen like this.
  9. Sergei Simonov

Sergei Simonov Well-Known Member

honestly just give geckos a red fury profile and eliminate the Tac Aware tax on all TAGs, not just 75+

Instant short range gunfighter that is sort of worth its 50-55 point range. All TAGs could probably use a points drop in general though. I'd love to see 6-2 as well, but the above would make the geck an attractive option.

Also special fireteam haris with 2 MB in CJC.

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I like the Tac Awareness.

11. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Nah he meant the cost.

Honestly, Tac Aware for free and AP Combis / Mk 12 would be fine.

Tourniquet likes this.
  12. MattB89

Yeah it needs something to reflect the name: Gecko. Also B3 is low for a TAG.

Comparing moving a TM or KB up the table is not an accurate comparison as those two models are more cable of winning firefights due to their higher burst Red Fury/Full Auto and longer range on their HMGs. Not to mention S5 being easier to move around than S6.

13. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

People complain for spitfire in TAGs because "short" range. The gecko doesn't only have that "short" range, but also lower burst, arm and mov. Arm will not be changed, but wheaponry and move could be tweaked. Red fury (instead of combis, making him) and MK12 AP, making both profiles more specialized could be a good solution in my opinion: one would be an infantry hunter, and the other a heavy-arm hunter. None would excel at it (BS13 with no malus modifiers is not too good, but nomads overall are not the best firefighters out there), but would have a niche for them.

14. Ghost87

Ghost87 Well-Known Member

To be honest, I would favor a tweak for the Combi Rifles (e.g. make them MULTI or AP). Loosing that awesome sculpt would be a tragedy.

marskals, loricus, Tourniquet and 2 others like this.
  15. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

A MULTI option would be pretty sweet, tbh. Even if it's just a third option to sell a Gecko and Pilot as their own box.

16. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I love how little we Nomads ask for. It is a refresh from my other love in the Asia region.

Yep, MULTI Rifle Geckos, good enough. If you give me back those extra points, I take it too.

Make MI 4-4, and Wildcats start rolling. Make ARM more valuable, Brigadas and Tsyklons get a boost. Make Spotlight an ARO and all of the sudden we can Target guys coming into our networks so that our AROs now hit harder. So little, yep so happy...

Tourniquet and inane.imp like this.
  17. Tourniquet

This is the wrong use of the redfury, and it isn't the anti infantry option, All youre doing is cheating the points and SWC formula to get a cheap shock spitfire. The RF is already boderline SMG levels of formula cheating and this would just be both highlighting and exacerbating this issue.

loricus likes this.
  18. Tourniquet

Upgrading the Combis to Multis would at least make it worth it's points, also baseline Xvisor could be interesting.

loricus and Willen like this.
  19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

All those things cost a lot of points and I'm already pretty happy with the combis. I feel like the MK12 is what needs tweaking if anything. The MK12 can stand a larger point difference to make it a better gunner.
    X-visor on the MK12 would be mostly used for suppressive fire, which is useful but a little hard to justify for the points without courage. It would be very strong on the combis but it would make the MK12 feel pointless.

inane.imp likes this.
  20. Tourniquet

If the C1 version of Spotlight is anything to go by it'll be easier to apply targeted so between Xvisor and targeted means it becomes viable to engage at long range reasonably well with out it being obvious. Seems like a very Nomad style surprise.

loricus likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation