1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cover, prone and elevated.

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Bobman, May 6, 2020.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The more interesting thing is that this allows pie-slicing in a vertical plain (by moving forwards).

2. Florian Hanke

Florian Hanke Does not know how to stop building terrain.

Yes, and super jumping to do that becomes an interesting tactic.

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Not really any more than now. You still lose cover doing that.

C+ is more useful if you can complete the Climb out of LOF. Although with parapets you're likely to be lose cover during the Vault over the parapet (generally this will depend on whether you consider the parapet and the roof to be the same or separate terrain elements*).

* Personally, I'd treat the Parapet and the Roof as separate terrain elements.

#23 inane.imp, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
  4. Florian Hanke

Florian Hanke Does not know how to stop building terrain.

I meant SJ to slice the pie of for example multiple people on a roof. And also, it does get easier to stay in cover with the new rules when doing so. (I guess we need diagrams at this point, which I can’t currently produce)

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

They still need to address that. For many situations when trying to pie slice vertically, you're trying to pivot a very long line very close to the axis around which it pivots with the targets being very few degrees turn away from each other, if even a single degree. Translated, the precision by which the slicing model needs to move will in some cases be down to hundredths of an inch which is what leads to The Argument.

6. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

Partial Cover - Partial Cover does not allow the attacker to see the whole Silhouette of their BS Attack’s target. A Trooper is in Partial Cover when they are in contact with a piece of scenery that partially obscures their Silhouette.
    So in the roof case, you cant see the whole Silhouette, so this way the trooper have cover. Is like the situation on the image on the right, wherw we can see a trooper in partial cover from a aerial point of view.
    [​IMG]

Jonas, marskals, zapp and 14 others like this.
  7. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

I really like that change. It is actually quite easy to discern if you can see the entire Silhouette or not. Nearly all tournaments i went to was people arguing all day if a trooper was really enough in cover or not just to get that advantage. This makes the game faster while at the same time buffing those big Silhouette troopers.

I hope that stays for N4

#27 CabalTrainee, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    HellLois, Nuada Airgetlam and Robock like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation