1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is... is that an AP MMR Aquila Guard?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by colbrook, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

0.5s in C1 are great. That instantly fixes the 80% of the variance problem.
    BUT this also means that Orc Hacker is actually THREE points. Which can't be rounded from anywhere higher than 34 and any more than 32 is unlikely. That's a massive discount if we can assume costs are roughly equivalent in between C1 and N4.

A little more conservatively exited about the Aquila AP MMR. While that is a very reasonable pricetag for N3 part of it might be the C1 Profile just not having a full blown MSV3 and being cheaper as a result. Still hints at cheaper "Vanilla HI" again as the Aquila is mostly just an Elite Statblock with a MSV3.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

TBH I am all for the Aquila getting a more intermediate, low SWC gun. It's nice, it's nice.

3. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

April Fool's Day was Wednesday. SHAME ON YOU!

But I can dream...

4. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Much better than the MULTI Rifle. Very nice. The Aquila's BS is even good enough that it can engage outside the +3, and play around a bit with decent odds. AP is going to go up in value too. That's a nice change... Whoever put that profile in place was thinking clearly.

5. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Whats more interesting to me is the price change. 4.5 vs the KoJ's 5 points. Does that mean the Aquila Guard is now around the 40 -45 point range? Thats huge. It makes me think MSV 3 isn't going to change but at least we are getting a significant price reduction.

6. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I still find it funny that everyone seems to think C1 times 10 equals N4. You seem to forget that not every skill or equipment gets translated to C1, so to me it seems perfectly logical that C1 prices are not comparable to N4.

See Adil or the Wolfpup for instance: Price in C1 = 2,0 and in N3? 37 points. So more like 4. And in C1 he is even better than in N3 with his fancy CCW and the sorta-iKohl. You really think they are halving the price of him in N4? I doubt it.

So if the Aquila is 4,5 points in C1 to me it looks more like not all his stuff gets translated in C1. Maybe the C1-MSV3 ist not the same as the N4-MSV3?

Just some thoughts. And to spoil the PanO-Fun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Thats certainly possible but that makes Code 1 rather confusing for new players. They try out Code 1 Aquila Guard and like it only to find out its far more costly in N4. That makes no sense and would kind of ruin Code 1 as an introduction for new players. The whole point of code 1 is to avoid confusion.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

You haven't stop to think that there's no smoke in C1. Therefore MSV2-MSV3 lose a good chunk of their efficiency and that's reflected in the cost. The lack of smoke might as well impact in the prices of CC related skills and gear as probably it becomes even less effective than in N3, and it would explain the buff to dodge. And let's not forget skills like NWI or dogged seem not be part of C1 either. Which in the end results in Adil and Gunnar profiles becoming far more cheap than in N3.

I would expect N4 profiles to be less expensive than N3 but keep a higher cost than C1. At least it seems there will be a general drop in cost for HIs, something that was needed as N3 ended bad for them.

9. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I doubt the whole point of C1 is to avoid confusion. And why would this be confusing? It's a unit you already know that now does something more or has more uses. So it is more expensive compared to other stuff. This is not confusing. It would be confusing, if MOV or BS or CC Values or any other stat change.

Take the Aquila Guard and remove some or all of the uses of MSV3. What is it? Essentially an ORC with BS15. And suddendly around 45 points seems appropriate costed.

You know, that's exactly my point. Like I said: "Maybe the C1-MSV3 ist not the same as the N4-MSV3?" If there is no smoke MSV2 and MSV3 are far less usefull. They still cancel camo-mods, but everything else ... So it seems again perfectly logical that MSV2 or 3 is cheaper in C1.

Regarding Adil or Wolfie: I doubt that Dogged or NWI make up 20 points. Sure, it will account for some of the discount. The lack of smoke should not do much for their price, because Wolfie is a PanO profile, so he has no smoke in N3 either way. And the Monk costs 2 in C1 as well and still ... 22 in N3. So it is not that easy to translate the points between N3, C1 and N4.

Honestly I think Adil and Wolfie are undercosted in C1 if it stays this way, because compared to Liang Kai they both get good shooting skills and a good gun for free.

Just don't get your hopes up you're getting a full blown Aquila Guard for 45 points. And if you do, I agree with you, that it can be expected that every other unit becomes cheaper as well, so in comparison everything stays the same.

yoink101 likes this.
  10. SpectralOwl

A few other details from that image:
    The Aquila is the LT, providing an alternative to the MULTI Rifle.
    The Locust is just .5 cost cheaper than all the elite Hackers, and is armed with only a Boarding Shotgun and generic Pistol+CCW. I suspect it's received a fairly big rework.

11. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

BOOM!

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Wow what..........Aquila MMR LT and reworked Locust? Pano can into nice things?

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  13. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Even the negative Nancy that is myself can't claim Pano doesn't get nice things since Varuna.

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Is MSV not in CodeOne or has it just been concatenated from the list of abilities for Aquila?

15. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Yes, MSV exists in code one.

16. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

The sample looks like the mobile version of the App, and for N3 it doesn't list equipment that is common across all profiles. I.e. right now adding the Aquilla in the mobile app doesn't list MSV3 when looking at the simple list view.
    upload_2020-4-21_8-2-2.png

17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That could explain it, but in the current version you also don't have an "Abilities: Lieutenant", "Equipment: Hacking Device" nor "Abilities: Hacker" (that's all written directly following the unit name) so I didn't immediately recognise the formatting.
    In either case, I'd be cautious about reading too much into the price point. If MSV3 doesn't exist in CodeOne and MSV2 doesn't exist or is priced lower due to C1 not having Smoke nor Poor Visibility Zone rules, then that could easily result in a very significant price difference. Cautious, but optimistic. Jujak also seemed to hint at a slightly lowered price (current 35 pts rounded to 3 in C1).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation