1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ramah Taskforce Guide (2019) - Bourak's Finest

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Lazarus0909, Jul 26, 2019.

1. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

But these are cheaper, tougher, have flamethrowers and mines, ALBEDO, don't have to take a Haris profile...

But yeah, at least Khawarijs have grenades, fatality and MSV... and have more flexible link composition...

2. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

I agree, i feel like when the conversion to N4 hits, Rama will be on the level of the new sectorals, but im afraid cause HB and especially QK need some major boosts to really match up.

3. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Respectfully, can we not go down this path of cross factional comparisons? I am happy with my Haqq and know what weaknesses we have. Looking wistfully at other groups leads to what has happened with the PanO and Yujing forums that complain endlessly.

Stiopa and Errhile like this.
  4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

These two are N4 sectorials, merely patched-up for short-term N3 gameplay.
    Comparing N3 sectorials to these is comparing apples to oranges...

Yes, neither SWF nor WBA need a Haris profile to form a Haris Fireteam. While all N3 Haris Fireteams need such a profile. For me, it proves these two are merely a snak peek at how N4 is going to look like.

Xeurian, Stiopa and Brokenwolf like this.
  5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

This. It's even funnier when PanO players complain about YJ toys, and YJ players complain about PanO. Seriously, I'll sit down at some point and write a narrative scenario of both factions fighting over a salt mine.

6. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Or it's a typo that plagues Corvus Belli Army updates. ;)

Overall I like the new offerings, they have a good feel to them.

Not that I'm investing in either of them.

7. LoganGarnett

Sorry. But I just got myself to cope with the fact that Khawarijs are who they are, they are perfectly playable (even though other super-jumpers are better, but I accepted this fact already) and I'm going to run them no matter what.

But now both PanO got basically the same unit, but cheaper and with better profile, and Yu Jing also got a great unit of super jumpers.

I will get over it soon enough. But damn it.

8. Errhile

Not a problem, I guess your morning coffee made you a little too prone to excitement, o brother. May I offer you some mint tea? ;)

9. LoganGarnett

That's a good idea. Some mint tea and relaxing painting session would help a lot.

Errhile likes this.
  10. Errhile

Working on Carmen Johns, myself (Batard being long done) :)

Xeurian likes this.
  11. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

For N3, Khawarij have better dedicated gunfighters than the Vargar. Albedo is great when it works, but it's a lot more situational than MSV2 or Fatality 2. Additionally, bioimmunity becomes a lot more valuable when you have a good doctor nearby.

For N4, I'm a bit concerned about other factions encroaching on Ramah's niche. This is especially true if the default for HI becomes 6-2, which is one of the things that makes Mukhtar unique.

Nice! I did most of the work painting up Leila and all three Nahab yesterday, and will be finishing up today.

Errhile likes this.
  12. Errhile

Keep it easy, keep it patient, o brother. Ramah will change with an N4 update (as will HB and, eventually, QK). We just have no idea how - yet.

I have the third (BSG) Nahab started as a side job to Carmen, but he'll be taking his time. My problem is save for Muktar, Namurr Spitfire and Hortlak (currently awaiting delivery, and this can take a while before the store gets them...), I have no more Haqq to paint.
    ...gotta save myself by taking up a commission :P

Koval likes this.
  13. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

I always felt like with the namur getting 6-2, mukhtars should have gotten 6-4 to emphasize them as the fast ones. Id also be happy with 6-6 or 8-2 move for them.

14. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

I wouldn't count on that happening at all. If power armor HI gets 6-2 mov it will be because they have power armor. So it only makes sense that a unit like mukhtar or namurr would remain 6-2 mov LI because as super soldiers they are as fast as power armor troopers.

That being said N4 is going to have some serious balance issues if Haqq's relative vulnerability on its gunfighters remains the same while losing mobility advantage.

Personally I am mentally preparing to deal with people running HI that are too fast, too tough and can out shoot my best of the best.

15. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

If someone should get faster, its the Namurr. The Mukhtars are far to good already compared anything else in RTF.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  16. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Isn't that the old, traditional way of Haqq? ;)
    I've spent many hours playing against Hac Taos, Aquilas, Swisses et cetera... It always was a bit hard to outshoot them - that's why we have our little tricks (like dismembering those toughies in CC, using forementioned Camen and her Doggo ;) )
    We'll see what will happen to our units, to FAT2 and then we'll find another way to deal with enemies, like we always do.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

17. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Basic
    Basically but I think currently RTF is weighted towards being light and fast gunfighters. So if HI become a standard 6-2 mov at least for RTF they will need to either get cheaper or more tricky. Or we will be using our own HI links.

As of right now just moving the HI speed to N3, I think RTF would be hard pressed to take on HI pain trains without getting to strike first. One or two nahab won't be able to beat down a HI link in CC.

So I expect some changes in RTF to tip the scale or at least I hope there will be.

18. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

I'm disapointed about the Pano/yujing kawaris and the new jammer yu jing unit.

So whats the point of playing haqqislam if all the other factions got the same units/equipment or even better? dont understand why all the good things in haqqislam went to other factions.

I want to play a game that the factions are completely diferent but this is not happening, all factions are losing charisma.

Maybe I will eat my own words in N4, I wish that.

19. LoganGarnett

Guys. On a serious note. What's Ramah's niche and what is it good at?

20. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

Put very simply, I think Ramah's niche is mobile gunfighters. They cant outshoot PanO, but they're very good at maneuvering to get angles on cheerleaders and link fillers, and gunning them down. This is due mainly to the prevalence of 6-X movement, but also the presence of super-jump and climbing plus on good shooting platforms.

Also noteworthy, but arguably more of a downside, is the prevalence of 8-24" weapons on your attack pieces. Tarik's spitfire, Khawarij spitfire and Mk12, Mukhtar red fury, Namurr spitfire, and Nahab red fury. Those all push Ramah toward wanting to get close. Fortunately, all of those have some combination of 6-X movement, special deployment, and a mobility special rule.

Stiopa and LoganGarnett like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation