1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix the Bøyg

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Judge Dredd, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Okay, so a lot of people are underwhelmed by the Bøyg. The question is what would you do to fix it. You make the case for a single weapon, profile, piece of equipment or skill to be added.

For me, breaker hmg profile. He has full auto which is awesome, but doesnt really have anything that's taking advantage of it to the fullest which is why hes a bit of a head scratcher. An hmg let's him maximize that vector and give him some high burst range threat. But why breaker ammo? Well, at this point every other faction has ap ammo being toted around on their HI. Yuan Ho, Sogorat, Gamma, Azrail, half of ariadna, etc but PanO does not. Rather than just follow the trend, PanO should do it it's own way and throw nanotech at you. This makes the Bøyg stand out from the other HMG options on offering which is important to give him a solid reason to be taken in faction.

Savnock and yoink101 like this.
  2. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

I would fix him by removing him of the roster S5 Hi is not PanO

my fix with out thrashing him would be putting him REM pres for one, S5 isn't HI, giving him ARM 6 or 7 because it makes no sense something this big weaker than HI, 6-2 or 6-4 MOV then a proper weapon anything really: spitfire redfury HRL HMG feuerbach
    I would go with feuerbach we need more of those

PS: breaker is a bad ammo I would prefer not paying for it

#2 Sangarn, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Doa, injenegr, Cadmo and 2 others like this.
  3. Death

Death Well-Known Member

*Puts Boyg on permanent shelf space. There. "Fixed" :P

Ok, on a more serious note. If the rumors are true and the Boyg gains some version of AD in N4 then hes fixed.

Outside of that give him a HMG so he has burst 5 otherwise that Full Auto is a waste. An HMG would also give the needed range for a unit that starts in your DZ.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

My first solution would be to wait and see if he's still underwhelming in the context of C1/N4. A lot of rules will change and we can't be sure how they'll affect the current profiles. What if Full Auto will work in reactive turn too, for example? What if for now he's missing some new skill?

I doubt it'll be AD, because there's nothing that would prevent him to have it right now. I suspect that if he's getting anything it'll be something that doesn't fit N3 design, like Hidden Deployment without TO Camo.

If going with the assumption that nothing will change and his usefulness will remain fundamentally the same, I'd add Airborne Infiltration. He'd instantly compete less with our other DZ-starting heavy hitters, which is his main problem.

Oh, and S5 fits PanO just fine.

5. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Just bump FA to lv 2

Cadmo and theradrussian like this.
  6. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

dump mimetism on it. Lazy, no brain way to make anything more appealing.

Valiant Storm and Doa like this.
  7. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Right now the MK12 profile competes with the superior Koj spitfire which has a superior stat line. The burst 2 ML profile kind of competes with the Karhu dual FB. Sure the Karhu lacks templates but its going to be very rare you ever get that template on multiple units when your opponent can see what your trying to do the moment you place the Boyg on the table. The Karhu FB on the other handle is very optimized to win FtF rolls and has climb plus to gain unexpected firing angles.

Heres an idea, give the Boyg super jump lol. That would make him worth taking. Burst 2 ML super jump HI sounds terrifying.

8. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

it doesn't, any longtime PanO players where proud/brag about having the best tech, now we have low tech shit in our ranks

how do you explain the low stat line with KoJ in mind or FK, suiss guard
    bigger, lesser stats: it doesn't make any sense, his size should be TAG stat logic

it's just like: "guys like big toy = just make big toy that sells" without any lore or gameplay logic

unless you think full auto bring you from S2 to S5 ? ^^

tom_w, MATRAKA14, injenegr and 2 others like this.
  9. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Guys the Boyg is shit and will remain shit for N3. Ship has sailed time to move on.

What I sincerely hope and expect is him missing a new Skill or piece of equipment that will be added in N4. Look hat his armor and the weird shit on front, back and on top of his thighs. Not sure what that is but it better be the explanation PanO needed to increase his bulk compared to the better protection of a S2 KoJ.

10. Stiopa

Pretty much this

11. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

If I had to guess, yes, the larger size is to represent a more stable firing platform.

12. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

The profile is so boring i am really sure he will have some kind of additional new skill in N4.

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Would say it's Hyperdynamics, but PanO can easily fit that on S2.

Teslarod likes this.
  14. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Make him a Tag with a third wound. I really dont get why Yu Jing the HI faction gets a S5 TAG instead of PanO.
    This is another watering down of faction idendity that should be revised as soon as N4 hits.

15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Don't forget that the Mk12 Boyg doesn't cost any SWC, though. I haven't dug into Svalarheima enough to get a sense of how big of a constraint that is, but it's always nice to have more long range / high burst / high damage weapons on the table than your opponent.

16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Blue Wolf is S6, which is the standard light TAG size.

17. Stiopa

They didn't, S5 was a typo.

edit: ninja'd by toadchild ;)

18. Death

Death Well-Known Member

OH SHIT, it was a typo. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

19. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hahaha. Were pretty much the kings of profile plus 1 skill or equipment. See much of our HI pool.

theradrussian and CabalTrainee like this.
  20. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Worst case we get a N4 version of "no Panzerfaust Aquila" meme.
    Classic win win in my book.

eciu likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation