1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im loooking for a group to play the rpg with

Discussion in 'Modiphius Entertainment' started by dhellfox, Dec 15, 2019.

1. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

i had bought the collector pdf pack of the books near the start of the year and im looking to learn and play the game.

i lean things mostly by doing rather than reading so please be patient.

I'm available to play online most days from 9am-10pm Aest (Australian eastern daylight savings)

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  2. dhellfox

well thanks to the near total shutdown of my area i practically have all the time in the world now

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Good to hear again of You Fox,

At the moment there is JUST one RPG Player Group Online attached to the Forum. . .

The one of "Solodice" as the Master; at the moment at the SECOND Adventure of the group, with some of the group of the FIRST and some new entry (I was in the "first wave" but due to SERIOUS issues of Family had to pass the second re-recruiting). . .

I was active as the Master of another group too, but various problems (amongst whom a "Mass Defection" from 10 Players to BARELY 3 !!) caused Me to drop off the game in the 2018. . .

Now I'm considering to restart it again and with newer (and older, @Golem2God, now playing in the @Solodice game, was My most assidious and enthusiast player !!) Players. . .

. . . . .

It is, in brief, a Multi-Cultural Mercenary Group based on Ariadna and created by a "Joint Venture" of Ariadnans, Haqqislamites and Nomads, along with VARIOUS widespread "Fringe Freaks" of the Human Sphere (and BEYOND, as @Golem2God played a Krakot "Renegade" Morat Daturazi, and there were a sizable contingent of "Heretical Belief" Tohaas). . .

While it was a "Freak Legion" kind of Group (with Bakunites Pupniks / Chimeras / Morlocks intersped with "Genome Supersoldiers" from Bourak and linking with Ariadnan Dogwarriors and Wulvers) at the core was LOOSELY based on Metal Gear Solid "Foxhound Organization" of the Videogame Franchise. . .

Also I wanted to explore BADLY how the T.A.G. Exoarmours fared in the ruleset (as an AVID fan of Masamune Shirow's "Appleseed" Mangas / Animes) but had issues with the fact that some of the Players that accepted to Plat TAG Pilots (Old, outdated "Vintage" models of the Past of the Human Sphere Armies " enhanced with Ariadnan Teseum alloys) were the first to drop off. . .!!

And then was NOT easy to have some Players piloting TAG and other specialized Infantry (as "Danger Level" of the Opponents could be seriously imbalanced). . .

. . . . .

For this reason, I'm SERIOUSLY considering that the "Restart Game" would be EITHER All-Pilots of some sort of TAG or NO TAG at all. . . .!!!

. . . . .

Outside of this peculiarity the ONLY issue would be NO REMOTE TAG (have NOT the Panoceanian Manual, nor I care to acquire it soon; have ONLY Basic + Ariadna + Haqqislam !!) You WILL BE WELCOMED to concoct ANY kind of Character that You would like to Play; I encourage the WILDEST the better it is. . .

Should You want to explore what was the style of My OLD Game, it was dubbed "Minotaurs Teseum Wardens"

Feel free to ask whatsoever question about everything. . . . .!!!

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. stevenart74

Forgot to say, all the stuff is in the RPG section, not into this "Ruleset & Generic" grouping of Threads. . .

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  5. dhellfox

hi, thanks for the replay.

i was looking more toward a discord and either a roll 20 or tabletop simulator group.

maybe when the TAG book is released there will be more variety in light tonnage units

AdmiralJCJF and stevenart74 like this.
  6. stevenart74

Discord-Chats I follow for OTHER RPG, but sadly, on Italian Language Forums. . .

Maybe We could TRY also here, I don't know. . .

But We had Players ranging from Aussieland AND My Europe AND USA; the Timezone Problems NEEDED Play-By-Post "Post Dropping" as a necessity. . .!!

7. stevenart74

Addendum. . .

The yet extant Old Players of Mine, are deciding about "No TAG" and more "Subtler" Infantrymen Scout Approaches. . . . .!!!

8. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I remember messing up big time during that RPG. Messed up on the characters and basically bit off more than I could chew. I say scratch the old one and start anew. Revamp it. I'll be a different character and this time not mess up like I did last time. My mistakes have been learned & I intend not to repeat them.

stevenart74 likes this.
  9. Golem2God

@dhellfox I hope to be better prepared this time. The previous round was my first go at RPG and well it is like someone looking back on previous work and cringing about it. We all have done that in our lifetimes. Mistakes we rather forget that in the end are not important but we feel they are.
    @stevenart74 If we do start over again I say we make a mini campaign first like how Solo is doing. You can always add more later on if the group wants it. But starting small is the best way for online RPG at least in my opinion due to work, family and other life matters. It seems that the Corno virius is going to be ending soon as Trump announced that the USA can be up and running by April 14. That is good news for us and maybe the rest of the world.

stevenart74 likes this.
  10. stevenart74

O.K. if you are good with this Golem, then so be it!

Inane Imp is considering another different kind of Nomad, probably a Bakunin Chimera (either very customized Pit Fighter or Uberfallkommando) but has not decided yet, about many things. . .

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Golem2God

If we make it a small campaign it shouldn't get in the way of Solo's campaign. Besides smaller campaigns allow the group's character's to "grow" in development quicker than a longer one. I'd like to experience more RPG campaign on here and maybe run one myself in the future if that is possible when the time comes. So the more experience the better.

stevenart74 likes this.
  12. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

@Golem2God @stevenart74 @dhellfox
    If you need a player, I am more than willing to sign up for it.

I want to specify that I am from GMT +1 and that I never played a RPG (no people interested where I live) but have the books(used them for knowledge/lore/background gathering to decide if starting with Infinity or not)

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  13. stevenart74

@Ashen_Seeker . . .

You are welcome!

What You would like to play??

14. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I litterally don't know.
    So far I enjoied creating characters at random and coming up with a coherent background as an exercise in creativity and immagination.

Do you have any example? I am open to anything

#14 Ashen_Seeker, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  15. Golem2God

It is all up to you. If you want talk to steven &/or hellfox in a pm conversation they could help you out. I could make a pm conversation to help you figure something out.
    @stevenart74 Maybe we should make a pm conversation thread that all of us could partake in. Then again perhaps we should wait until all the members of the group come together. How many people should we have since Hellfox and Ashen are part of the group?

stevenart74 likes this.
  16. stevenart74

5-6 players is the ROUGH estimation about what I want to have for "Alpha Scout Team" for the Minotaurs. . .

Usually even the Scout Teams of the Mercenary Brigade is 30% Ariadnans, 30% Haqqislamites and 30% Nomads, with 10% of "Other Freaks & Malcontents" from the rest of the Human Sphere and beyond. . .

You Players could anyway decide the "Setting" and "Mood" of the squad and the Game. . .

Will allow EVEN some TOTAL weirdness like a "Rogue Shard" of A.L.E.P.H. housed in a customized LHOST 90% Cybernetic or an Antipode with "Cranial Chip Enhancements" (so able to work, alone, as a Human Sapiens). . .

I permited before a Morat Renegade; some sort of "Reformed Speculo Killer" is SURELY possible; will balk ONLY at extremes like:

"I wanna Play an Umbra Legate!!!". . . . .

Golem2God likes this.
  17. stevenart74

Forgot to add that @Golem2God is SERIOUSLY considering to play a "Helot Liberto" with some Genetic & Cyber enhancements. . .

Yet added a small group of "Expatriates from Varuna" that resides in a nice cave on the southern seaside of New Knossos Island, the Base HQ of the Minotaurs Mercenary Brigade. . .

So He could play easily a sort of "Alien Navy S.E.A.L.S." role. . .

As for "A.I. Shards Housed in L.H.O.S.T.S." must remark that "Svengali, the Criminal A.I." is an ENEMY of the Minotaurs (going so far that they have a DEDICATED Artificial Intelligence, H.I.V.E.M.I.N.D., created in Tunguska to counter the "Virtual Crimelord") so this could be an interesting background for a Digitized Consciousness Player rather than a bland "I'm running from Momma A.L.E.P.H.". . . . .!!!

18. Golem2God

Well I don't know about going the Liberto just yet. Helots mostly like to stick to Varnua and not travel off world. There is the rare few that do swim amidst the stars so it doesn't need to be a Libteros that leave the water planet. It could be just a Helot that served in PanO's forces instead.
    But I do have alot more ideas that I can use instead of a Helot. Got a lady Tomcat named Tabby for a current lack of a better name. A Scottish-Irish American from Earth named Artair Blaan McGregor. Artair Blaan literally means yellow bear. His mother called him her little yellow bear cub because he was blonde and hairy. These are among others that I can use for the campaign.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

@stevenart74
    Damn, this all sounds awesome :)

Would you consider an European player (GMT+1 timezone) with a lot of free time (freelancing from home, so I can adjust)?

I have about 25 years of experience in RPGs. I haven't read the Infinity RPG books but I'm willing to catch up. I assume the general task resolution system is more or less the same as the miniatures game?

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  20. stevenart74

Nuada. . .

You are welcome to Join; as Your avatar is a "Poke-Tohaa-Mon" are You considering to join with an "Artichokehead" Character perhaps???

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation