1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O-12 combos and tricks

Discussion in 'O-12' started by Sharrankar, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Sharrankar

Sharrankar Well-Known Member

So, I was wondering what do people like to put in their lists that synergizes really well with each other (apart from Epslion + Varangians lol)

For example: I'll soon try Gangbuster hacker, Delta hacker and Cyberghost HD+ coordinated cybermask, for extra protection and assassination power

Or, what things do you like to coordinate to deal with a Kamau, if you're dealing with him through coordinated orders? I actually realized that, without having Team Sirius, I don't usually have anything to coordinate together in order to get rid of the Kamau (Omega hmg, epsilon hmg and that's pretty much it? Maybe a Gangbuster KHD in bad range lol). What possible coordinated order combo could you see here?

Curious to see what others have been using!

2. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

Sirius Red Fury with the cyberghost is all you need to kill the kamua. The cyberghost casts white noise, puts it over the sirius person with the gun, you leave the bot out, meaning due to N3 rules, the linked kamua is forced to either shoot at the robot dog and eat BOTH an unopposed glue DTW and red fury burst, or have a single dice to dodge with its pathetic PH vs both the glue DTW and red fury burst.

Unless there's a flavour/fluff reason for not wanting to take Sirius teams, which I can respect, the sirius + white noise combo is just way too efficient for killing MSV aros. Coordinated orders are well and good, but O12 (the newest faction...gotta get that cheddar CB) have the easiest dog-shaped answer to msv aros.

3. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Dakinis HMG (or even Sniper) with their Deva or Cyberghost friend for more fun. Can also work with Betatrooper instead of Dakinis.

Also yes, Sirius Team can lead to good tricks and combo usually.

4. Djase01

Djase01 0 12 Mastermind

There's a trick I like to play, you really cand do with any faction execpt for Shas, in order to use it you have to have hippolyta in your list. You start by laying down eclispe gernades in key spots with your first orders, then go on with your turn but try to get all your high burst weapons in the smoke. With your last order use a coordinated order to put four of your best high burst weapons in suppresive fire. Just keep a model watching there backs. (Rember that you can move due to guts and warning without canceling suppresive.) Omega in cover is amazing with this.

5. Lady Numiria

That seems a too good free-party for any (exp) template sadly...

6. Djase01

Djase01 0 12 Mastermind

What do you mean?

7. Sharrankar

Sharrankar Well-Known Member

@Tongfa - I've not been impressed by red fury Sirius so far - she's quite costly and tbh, dies to any unlucky roll or to being ambushed in the reactive turn. What are your tactics on using her?

Also, supp fire Omega can be super nasty to dislodge, I have to use it more. Although I'd say that using good ol smoke is better in this case, just deal with visors beforehand lol

8. Lady Numiria

SF Mode has a limited range, that can be outruned by a lot of long range experts with explosive BS weapons... seems like a risky trick (and depends a lot on the table).

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

N3 Frequently Asked Question FAQ Version: 1.2
    Q: Is the Suppressive Fire state cancelled when a trooper, in Suppressive Fire, fails its Guts Roll?
    A: Yes.
    Related Pages: Guts Roll, Suppressive Fire, Suppressive Fire (State), Suppressive Fire Mode

10. Djase01

Djase01 0 12 Mastermind

True, true. A good Epsilon or Gamma can go long way if positioned right, but yeah the table bit can't be avoided. Its use is dependent on other factors but when works it is awesome.

I did not know that, interesting. Does warning work the same way as guts in that way? I assume it does'nt, but I was wrong before so...

11. Djase01

Djase01 0 12 Mastermind

Also on a different note; the Omega and Hippolyta work well with White Noise trick. Use the Sirious bot and Cyberghost to lay down White Noise, then walk the Omega or Hippolyta up with no fear of MSV.

12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be able to point at any rule or FAQ that says one way or another, at least, so I'd personally lean towards that using Warning to pivot is okay until further notice.

13. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Just remember that Betatroopers are HI and not remotes so you can fairy dust them but not assisted fire.

14. Tongfa

You can play around the dog being a dtw rambo deterrent as well as using the big dog silhouette itself to hide the Sirius gun-toting member. Also, playing around madtraps and the 'mid-range' of the red fury is an option. Other than that - the sirius is only a 1 wound non-marker mimetism trooper, so has all the vulnerabilities of that. The hardest thing about using fragile pieces like that is to pull back into madtrap/inefficient order/los positions, as opposed to just surrendering to the bloodthirst and going full rambo mode. For me - I find the solution to fragile high-offence troopers is to bring two.

Sharrankar likes this.
  15. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

S3s are shorter than S2s so unless Sirius is prone, she's not hiding behind the Siriusbot.

16. Tongfa

!

Thanks for the heads-up - learn something new everyday.

S2 25x40mm
    S3 40x32mm

Bruno Braga likes this.
  17. Lady Numiria

Yeah, forgot they were "only" ghosts, no remotes, my bad ^^'

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation