1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on Gunnar Trollhunter from Dire Foes

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Ghost_X, Mar 17, 2020.

1. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

He is confirmed to have da ccw in code one, but bostria called it a trench hammer which makes me think it will be a full fledged trench hammer in n3/n4, seems about the right way to get another one in there outside of TAK

Judge Dredd likes this.
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Under current rules why a guy with a MultiRifle would ever need a Trench Hammer as a BS weapon ?

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We are all back to standard PanO nonsense profiles....

#43 eciu, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Judge Dredd and Guardian like this.
  4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

What does this mean? Sorry for asking.

6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Overrlaping weapons (like Combi+Assault Pistol, Combi+LSG, MR + Trench Hammer), bundled with expensive stats (ARM3, PH14) with no additional synergies (grenades, infiltration etc).

Yes I know that other faction can happen to have it worse, but they also tend to have tricks, while PanO don't. So every "all over the place" profile hurts them twofold.

Zewrath likes this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Nah. Adil is a CC beast, but Gunnar is vertically mobile, has HI-level PH, and MRifle is much more useful than a Breaker Combi. YJ gets better CC unit, we get better Jack-of-all-trades. ARM will be more useful in N4, and Dodge is likely to be more useful as well, so I'm actually glad to see those stats. Regarding the hammer - we don't know if it's supposed to be a Trench Hammer, or if Bostria just misspoke. My money is on the latter.

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well I tend to disagree. Breaker Combi has an amazing damage against 85% of things you can hit, and only really big targets gets anything close to better BTS/2 than ARM/2 (mostly MBT or some occasional hackers)

9. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

We need to see how it translates out further into full rules. Yu Jing also get a ton of templates to chuck around, as well as ammo, mods, mines and CC. This box is pretty poorly balanced. I'm not saying its Red Veil levels of hurt, but I dont want to have to explain to newbies that the game isnt this badly balanced overall.

Death likes this.
  10. Judge Dredd

Warcor

I have to echo this sentiment but provide a slight correction, against MBT breaker is often better as most TAGs have BTS of 6 and arm of 8. Armor is present on almost every profile in the game bar a scant few exceptions. The number of profiles that are naked BTS is far more staggering. Ariadna as a faction is known for this particular weakness.

11. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Yu Jing side looks clearly superior. They get a hidden deploy sniper, MSV 1 camo skirmishers and a Camo Infiltrating HI. What does Pano get? No frills and overcosted HI. This box set looks like an easy win for Yu Jing.

Does CB do any actual play testing?

Guardian and Cadmo like this.
  12. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

You know that Hidden Deployment is not in Code 1, right? I think it is much better balanced than you think.

13. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Then why is it on the Code 1 profile? Multiple marker state units vs a Pano force which seems to have zero marker states is not quite balanced.

14. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It's a battlebox. They're not balancing the game around a battlebox.

15. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There's no HD in Code 1

16. Brokenwolf

I did not see it in the video or in the pictures. Am I missing something?

Also, I am thinking the balance is coming from PanO having higher BS, an ODD unit, and a Doctor. Of course, we will not know until we get a chance to play it a few times.

Stiopa likes this.
  17. archon

archon Well-Known Member

And said ODD unit has a MSV 1 also, what leaves the Guilang on -3 in a direct confrontation and the worser BS. But yes - YJ are the camo stars in this box.

Stiopa and Brokenwolf like this.
  18. Judge Dredd

Warcor

YJ has half of its models putting out mods and they're all marker states to boot. PanO has 1 visor which can just get torched or mined easily. This just seems very oppressive against what PanO is supposedly good at. Imagine explaining that PanO is good at shooting because it has a better BS then walking them through mods that are driving their BS down below your line troops. Top that off with the CC of their Dire Foe and I think this is a recipe for for difficult explanations. Icestorm was nice because you saw asymmetrical but even distribution of combat skills. I really dont think this is anywhere near balanced.

Skoll, Death and Azakel like this.
  19. Judge Dredd

Warcor

Each of the YJ camo models has surprise shot. That's going to be relatively equivalent to ODD even if just for one order.

20. Brokenwolf

I am not doubting that the Yujing side is very strong. But it feels like CB believes that having a doctor is very powerful.

But we will see how it plays.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation