1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Gammas list idea

Discussion in 'O-12' started by Lady Numiria, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

Hi fellow law enforcers!

Last week I attempted a tournament where I tried a 2-Gammas Feuerbach list. It was really not ideal and lacking of a lot of good things (but I can't proxy like all my list) to run smoothly, so I wanted your advices on this and if you already tried that config.

I feel like the lack of a VMS or an extra "protection" (mimetism, ODD) makes this piece less interesting - and it will be worse with upcoming full auto rules change in N4? The thing is not really frightening for anyone and a single cheap specialized ARO piece always easily rip them despite the NWI.

I consider putting like 4 varangian for smoke covers and extra orders, plus mandatory delta/lambda docs for helping?

Thanks!

#1 Lady Numiria, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  2. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

I'm not a fellow O12 player but couldn't help to drop here to say If you don't find a BS 14 ARM 6 W 2 NWI Feuerbach is frightening then maybe you should get out of your zone of comfort and play a lower tech faction like Haqqislam.

Now if you're trying to face specialized ARO units with your Gamma Feuerbach here's what you're making wrong. You have Omega HMG or Epsilon HMG for those duties. Even a Gamma HMG could work, but not a Gamma Feuerbach.

Keyrott likes this.
  3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I wouldn't say they are easily ripped. They have ARM 9 in cover, W2 and NWI, so they are pretty beefy. PH 14 also gives them good odds on surviving a MedKit if you have a Kappa or Dakini Paramedic closeby. Lambda will put them back on their feet pretty reliably thanks to the cube reroll.

Also, a BS 14 B5 HMG will do pretty well against most AROs. Even against the feared Kamau MSR it's still faily even with 36% vs 33% chance for the Gamma to win the engagement (31% for both to fail). But against those targets you really want to use White Noise + coordinated order shooting or Team Sirius anyway, so there is no need to force your Gamma into this all by himself.

If you want to field two Gammas, I'd use the Feuerbach as an ARO piece with a doctor/paramedic nearby, while using the HMG as an active turn piece to pile on the pressure. This would be my "core" setup:

O-12
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]6
    GAMMA Lieutenant HMG / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 57)
    GAMMA Feuerbach / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 58)
    CHO (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    CYBERGHOSTS Hacker(Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 26)
    SIRIUS (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] SIRIUSBOT Heavy Riotstopper / Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    LAMBDA Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

4 SWC | 207 Points

Open in Infinity Army

- Gamma HMG LT so you have enough orders to rambo
    - Cho CoC because he will probably die at some point
    - Gamma Feuerbach as a beefy and scary ARO piece
    - Lambda Doctor to get the big bois back on their feet
    - Cyberghost for White Noise
    - Team Sirus to glue/kill dangerous models and abuse White Noise. Upgrade to Red Fury if you have the points/SWC

#3 Knauf, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    anaris, realder, xammy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Death

Death Well-Known Member

For 200 point games I'd stick with the Lynx Sniper. Hidden deployment multi-snipers are NASTY and its much cheaper than the Gamma Feuerbach. Sometimes you'll want to Feuerbach because its decent offensively while being a strong ARO. Its there to waste your opponents orders more than to kill but that goes with most ARO units in the game.

5. Lady Numiria

@Knauf thanks for advices, this is the kind of list I'm looking forward too - specially because of cyberghost and Cho - hoping Outcast will come out in time, to test it out properly and nicely.

As for Lynx sniper, I'm considering it, since mimetism VMS2 snipers (Nisse, Epsilon) are always an easy target that almost end up killed after 2 orders in my meta.

Well, the thing is that it's not me who's not frightened by it, but my opponents, once they understand that can you rip them easily with just a bunch of orders ^^" (only Ariadnas players seems to still fear it, since few lists around bring enough to overrun two of them)

anaris likes this.
  6. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

How are they overrunning a Gamma? I assume you have other units covering it's flanks, and perhaps something else screening in front. I have yet to lose a Gamma in any of my games. Omegas? Yea. Epsilons? You bet. BetaTrooper? Yep. But not the Gamma. That thing is a beast. I can't wait for the HMG version to release.

I don't think I would run two of them though. Unless you are keeping them relatively close to each other so they can provide mutual support.

7. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You realize you can voluntarily fail guts right? Theres no way you are losing your gamma to just orders. Its arm 9 and you can tuck it away to save it. HMGs will be screeching at this thing to die, spitfires just cry and rifles are almost worthless. If your opponent is stacking vis mods, dodge and force them to spend orders while they cant leave cover. The biggest issue for his survival is Ariadna with vet kazak links or TAGs with ap hmgs.

8. Lady Numiria

Well, the only time I won easily with my Gamma was against a vet kazaks ft, which I happily and almost easily ripped all...

I know about dodge and guts roll, and that's what I do. Still, a bunch of orders is sufficient to get rid of my gammas most of the time (call it bad luck I guess?).

9. Death

Death Well-Known Member

It could certainly be bad luck. This is where the Infinity dice calculator is a fantastic site. People are terrible at probability. Its just not intuitive to humans. Go check what odds your Gamma has to survive attacks from various units. Sometimes it is just bad luck. That said, not having a Visual Modifier does suck a lot. Its why the Omega HMG is so good for its price.

#9 Death, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Lady Numiria likes this.
  10. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

last tournament i ran 2 gamma Feuerbachs in quadrant control. puting them in good cover whith a good LoS they locked down the whole board in a crossfire between them and an epsilon MSR. by the end of the game they held the most kills wihile only sustaining a single wound.

0-12 we're going in heavy
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    HIPPOLYTA Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Flash Pulse, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 38)
    GAMMA Lieutenant Feuerbach / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 58)
    GAMMA Feuerbach / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 58)
    EPSILON MULTI Sniper, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    SIRIUS (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    DELTA Doctor (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    DELTA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Riotstopper, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    MILLICENT Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

11. Lady Numiria

In Quadrant Control, 2 Gammas are beasts. I lost the last one I did because of one single army point on one quadrant (scoring a draw), but sure if the board is friendly, it's the best case scenario for a two Gammas list imho.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation