1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the game. Trying to understand army building.

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by PhocasTactics, Feb 11, 2020.

1. PhocasTactics

PhocasTactics New Member

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the game, was mostly focused on Tunguska and probably will stay that way. I have a few tunguska lists I'm happy with and will be learning on but I love the Taskmaster Model. I came up with this list and would love some idea of how it would function.

Big Strong Boys──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 KRIZA BORAC HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54) TASKMASTER Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53) ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19) MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22) JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10) JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10) JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10) DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14) ZONDNAUT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 32) [​IMG] ZONDMATE Chain Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (5)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2 INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25) LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25) PUPPET MASTERS (Minelayer) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14) MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6) MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6) 6 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

Personally I'd like to keep kriza and task in the list. My plan would be for kriza to do the long work with Zondnautica as a hunter and Taskmaster waking death. Between two mine layers, six crazy Koalas and six options for smoke I think I'll be able to control the board as I wish.

How viable is this? Where would it struggle? Am I a fool for no intruder hmg?

#1 PhocasTactics, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

List looks fine. I would put the Taskmaster in group 2 and put a Morlock and Puppetmaster in 1. Free Agent allows you to go back in to group 1 after you take casualties. Taskmaster is more of a mid-late game unit anyways.

Possibly get the Zondnautica in CG2 as well so you can dedicate that order pool to him on turn 1.

Also multiple deployables like mines and koalas can be cleared with one action. Spread them out as much as possible so you don't lose them all to one sacrifice.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Also, be careful with that Interventor LT. Your Moran has a repeater, so he becomes a convenient access point for the enemy Killer Hacker to put you into loss of Lieutenant. Interventors have nice BTS, but that won't stop a KHD in the active turn for long and since Nomads don't have acces to Chain of Command, well ...

If you are new to the game, I'd suggest making one of the big boys your LT, as they are more resilient and defendable overall. Kriza puts a -3 MOD on anyone he shoots and the Taskmaster has Crazy Koalas to clear off approaching Warbands and the like. If you want to keep the Taskmaster as a mid- to lategame sweeper, he'd make for a nice LT. Kill off dangerous threats in the first turns and then go on a rampage with him. Between the Red Fury and the Pulzar there are few things he can't touch.

PS: I also love this miniature.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  4. PhocasTactics

PhocasTactics New Member

I figured it would be a deploy in depth kind of thing, supporting angles, etc

loricus likes this.
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Keeping in mind that realistically they have to clear the Koalas first, making it more of an effort than it looks.

Knauf likes this.
  6. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

HRL is great in any stage of the game for knocking down ARO pieces and splashing stuff with templates.

7. PhocasTactics

PhocasTactics New Member

True but I also like the Moran and repeater as a deployment piece for White Noise.

loricus and Knauf like this.
  8. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

It's not a bad idea in general, but be aware of the danger it poses to your LT. There are a lot of interactions possible in Infinity and sometimes it's hard to keep track of everything.

9. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Then take a Marker state KHD as well.

Most attacks vs the Interventor will be Surprise. If you have a Marker state KHD what happens is:
    3. Opponent Moves into the Moran's Repeater as a Marker
    4. No AROs
    5. Marker reveals as a KHD and declares Surprise Shot with Skullbuster
    6. Your Interventor declares Breakwater for the - 6 and your KHD reveals and declares Skullbuster on normal rolls

The result is that you're more likely to kill your opponent's KHD then you are to lose your Interventor.

In your list you can happily drop the Lunokhod for a Heckler KHD. The KHD deploys en route to the Interventor, pretending for all the world to be a Jammer.

Alguaciles_Ortega, loricus and Knauf like this.
  10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I've had Morans be a terror between using their good BS and mimetism or White Noise back when I played generic Nomads. Plus using the Koalas to clear enemy deployables. They're actually great offensive units able to clear a lot of roadblocks.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation