1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elephant in the room...

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MikeTheScrivener, Jan 27, 2020.

1. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I'll certainly miss some units, but I honestly don't mind a massive overhaul off PanO, with the potential removal of redundant profiles. How long have we been saying that PanO's units feel repetitive or redundant?

I don't know how much care will be given to this revision/overhaul. But if we can see useless units/profiles get trimmed and removed, I won't mind that at all. Tightening things up would be great for the faction as a whole.

Guardian, Stiopa and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Strange way to call Santiagos "Teutons".

Teutons being not unique (enough) is something which naturally makes it that they are prime candidate to a chopping block. While it's sad I cannot restrain myself from a bit of Schadenfrounde (ahh this historical bias) ^^.

Also: called it on NCA.
    Also2: does it mean NeoTerra will have a rather unwelcome visit from CA on their soil ?

WiT? and Judge Dredd like this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

SMG OS + Auxbot and FO would be next level of "screw you point formula" (throw impetues on top of it just for lulz).

Judge Dredd and LaughinGod like this.
  4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Montesa bike: Multiterrain or axe.

Mikes likes this.
  5. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

He already has a DA ccw tho

Civilized Barbarian likes this.
  6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Should be: get axe'd ;)

Judge Dredd likes this.
  7. Judge Dredd

Warcor

I think a better gun would help more frankly. I would love to see him with a red fury.

Stiopa likes this.
  8. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I suspect, instead, it will be another "totally tied down on the Paradiso front, not available for other operations" situation.

Just like Acontecimento.

Lightforge likes this.
  9. Lightforge

Lightforge Well-Known Member

Makes sense with the Red K Combat group and whatnot fighting a brave fight there.
    I'm excited and CB hasn't yet given me any reason to worry, but the aftermath of End Times still rings in the back of my mind.
    Curse you GW for your lies and half-truths.

10. Judge Dredd

Warcor

Well, we have been letting a certain smuggler operate on NCA. I suspect full blown shas infiltration calls everyone home.

11. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

And this is pretty much ultimately the issue, the endtimes and GWs continued treatment of armies does taint the hobby as a whole and make it a continuous worry. CB hasnt done that but its probably fairly common that a lot of players think theres a "yet" there.

12. Judge Dredd

Warcor

I just want to know what models I have to buy up before they're gone.

daboarder and Stiopa like this.
  13. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I would focus on NCA units that don't appear in other sectorials like the Locust. Even though Bolts might be safe since they are a part of Foreign Company I'd still be cautious a buy what you want from them just in case. Swiss Guard HMG is part of the Beyond Icestorm box so I don't think it will be removed from production. The same with the Bolt Paramedic.
    Aquila Guard is up in the air due to the unit having one new sculpt (HMG) and one old one from the old starter set (Multi-Rifle). That reminds me, any model form the NCA Starter (Hexa Spitfire, Aquila Multi-Rifle, Swiss Missile, 3 Combi Bolts) should be prioritized due to that box being removed from production. If you grab any Bolts first I would focus on the 3 Combis as I don't see them making it through this while the SWC Bolt box could.

So in review, Auxila, Hexa, Combi Bolts, Aquila Guard Multi-Rifle (perhaps HMG as well), Swiss Guard Missile, & Locust Hacker are in danger. Uhlans are bundled with Tikibalangs which in turn are part of two sectorials (NCA, MO). So I think they are safe. Squalos are also in another sectorial so I don't them leaving as well (Varuna). Every other NCA unit has a place in another PanO sectorial or another faction/factions. So there is not that much being taken away from PanO when you boil it down.

I'm personally going to focus on the Combi Bolts & Locust. Maybe I'd buy another Aquila HMG for a conversion if the model is truly going to be gone. Through if the Aquila does show up in Svalahemia that would be a nice surprise. The rest of the lot I don't care about and I could easily convert/proxy them. Auxila just need Fusiliers with Auxbots. Hexa can be any cloaked or T.O. camo model that you wish to use. Swiss Guard & Aquila have one newer model to use for weapon swaps or perhaps use a Knight or Orc for converting. Locust can be a converted Nisse model or even a Fusilier with some bits added on. Everything seems to be easily replaceable which is a relief for us. We actually dodged a bullet and got off pretty well considering what we lost. I'm pretty happy overall with the outcome.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  14. Judge Dredd

Warcor

I'm thinking beyond the scope on the NCA and more of the entirety of the game. I have a little of everything and I really like the models so anything going is of interest to me.

AdmiralJCJF and Golem2God like this.
  15. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Well I don't know what will happen to factions as a whole. I'd have to relook at units and see which ones are part of "going out" sectorials or haven't gotten a resculpt when they need one.
    Any models/units that you personally are worried for among the crop?

16. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

saw an image that said NCA starter, auxiliary, Uhlan/Tik, and the bolt box were all getting discontinued

17. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if Uhlan / Tik goes. I'd have much more expected Uhlan in Sval.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

19. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Would take that with a grain of salt especially the boxes.
    Beyond/Icestorm boxes contain pretty generic recent sculpts that could easily see a repack into a different box.
    Same for the Tik - we all know CB it fits into a blister - especially after CB claimed it wouldn't and then released Eduardo... as a blister within the ITS winner pack.

On an unrelated note... anyone has ever seen Guilang called "Ghost Wolves" anywhere? It's the direct translation as far as I know. But not mentioned in their current Troop Profile.
    Could be nothing, could be important for N4/White Banner. Either way looks interesting.

#79 Teslarod, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Golem2God likes this.
  20. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

It's been in their background since the beginning of the game (and it's still in their N3 fluff entry). It's just a remnant from the first moments of the game, when there was not even a rulebook and we had just a small booklet of fast rules and used to get some extra rules with each new batch of releases each month. At that time some YJ units were accompanied with their translation probably to add a more familiar meaning such as Hsien (Immortals) or WuMing (those without a name). Somehow later the idea was dismissed, probably because the game is full of multicultural references and didn't make much sense giving a translation to each name.

Lightforge and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation