1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Tag Nomads

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by T. Rex Pushups, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

This would be what I would run.

Double Tag──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]10 INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43) SECURITATE Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13) MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22) JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10) JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10) TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8) TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8) SALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8) SZALAMANDRA Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 90) [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA PILOT Contender / Pistol, Knife. () LIZARD MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 87) [​IMG] LIZARD PILOT Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. () 6 SWC | 299 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

So with a list like this the idea is to send them in waves. The szally goes first, running around with the hrmc. The lizard sits back and uses the explosive shot on its multi hmg to aro. If the szally gets taken out the lizard takes over and keeps going. Intruder and jaguars guard the tags and take out annoying aro threats with msv2 and smoke combo. Flashpulse bots are great aro pieces and the moran with baggage combo lets you set up crazy koalas a couple times if you can’t get more done and have some orders left.

Makoy likes this.
  2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Personally, I'd say that Nomads are the best multi-TAG faction behind PanO, almost entirely due to the fact you have the Infowar and Engineers needed to support them.

That being said, I truly see no point in bringing both a Sally and Lizard in the same list, they both fall into the "big TAG" categories, and it's generally better to either go 1 small 1 big or 2 small.

Those are just the two cents of a very biased HI addict.

3. Freki

Freki Well-Known Member

Well most factions currently only have one TAG
    But double TAG aside of the Gecko duo and the CA's Harris, is something that only SAA can pull off effectively.
    1 High Mobility TAG, 1 heavy TAG, a core 5 men with a sapper sniper and even a mine layer, Dart to press buttons.
    A friend plays this sort of line up, really scary

4. Jason839

I’d do it cause I like giant robots and a lot of people don’t play against them a lot. So they have that going for them.

5. Maksimas

Yeah, the biggest thing that double-TAGs/HI spam/TAG+HI buddies have going for it is the fact it's so dumb that quite a lot of people don't expect it whatsoever.
    It's actually worked a lot more often than it has any right to do locally for me, actually.
    ''Okay, so now I'll take two of your Orders away... what do you mean you only have one combat group? Wait why the fuck are you outright shooting at my troops? What the fuck how are you not dead?!''
    It's amusing, really.

6. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

RTF can field a surprisingly effective double maggie list, backed up with a decent core team and then support.

7. Freki

Freki Well-Known Member

Maggie, the thing that can't seem to move on half of the US boards ? :D
    (I am European)

8. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

it can totally move on US tables, you're forgetting about that 4" band with no terrain/cover that runs runs around the edges of every table (though this problem seems to be endemic of 90% of tournament tables out there not just the US).

Savnock likes this.
  9. Maksimas

How wide is a Maggie anyways?

10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

70mm

11. Maksimas

Wait, so ~3" gaps aren't common, if people are claiming that most tables don't let a Maggie move around?

12. Freki

Freki Well-Known Member

Sometimes I struggle to move my Zondnautica ...

13. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

You have too much shit on that table.

To clarify: S4 should be a little constrained, but 'struggle to move' is way too limited.

#53 inane.imp, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Savnock and Tourniquet like this.
  14. Jason839

It’s a common problem in my part of the United States. People don’t like long fire lanes and so scatter terrain is placed on ever gap and opening. It gets ridiculous. Quite a few times I’ve played on tables where people were able to use smoke to completely block los to the opponent and do their entire turn without ever causing an aro.

I blame snipers. People learning the game get pinned down by a sniper in a tower and get so afraid of long fire lanes they overcompensate with terrain instead of learning to play better.

15. Freki

Freki Well-Known Member

Not really, sometimes there are too many doors for S2s and no good path for a S4 base, but yes having this in mind when the table is setup is better.

16. Maksimas

I would've assumed it to be the exact opposite:
    New players end up becoming so over-reliant on snipers that people had to change the actual board setups to force them to stop slapping Nisses on every rooftop.

17. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

We came up with a different solution - raise the hight of our building with boxes and such. Nisse can't shoot across the table from their tower if there are another several towers to walk behind

Savnock and inane.imp like this.
  18. Maksimas

We found a different solution locally:
    No man's land has the highest ground, so you can always just have the high ground by default.

Not even Obi-Wan himself got the high ground from the beginning. The high ground is to be earned.

LoganGarnett likes this.
  19. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

We tried that. It was quickly "earned" by Onyx's Super Jumping Tag Haris.. And we never really did it again

20. Maksimas

How did they manage to easily jump up there when they only jump 4''?

Did they get a Double Super Jump while I was gone?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation