1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tac Window Auxbot Abuse with ASA

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Savnock, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

I'm not normally a Pan O player, but ASA really calls to me, and a buddy would let me borrow his beautifully-painted force to try out. The number of auxbots one can get is unreal, and I've previously considered a Limited Insertion list that really maxxes those out.

Now I'm wondering if the one below set up for Tac Window at 400 might be viable. Has anyone had experience with maxxing out the flamerbots etc.? What units would reinforce them well?

Seems super nasty for piece-trading. Board control is short-ranged but pretty hardcore inside that. Drakios is there to shuttle into Group 1 if he's needed to run up and burn visor troops early on, or I can shift the Guarda or a Peacemaker in there.

The Guarda de Assaulto seems a bit expensive, but that Eclipse smoke seems wise if one is focusing on CQB. Super unsure how useful the trooper himself is, though. Might try ditching him for a Bulleteer.

Mostly unsure about the Hacker support.
    - Regarding the EVO hacker, B2 on the midfield shotguns and Scylla's flamerbots if you second seems pretty golden.
    - The Regular hacker also seems pretty great if covered with a Tinbot and enough support, but am I being unrealistic? Linked LGLs are a favorite, and LGL/Sensor in one linkteam is handy for flushing camo out. Being able to buff a second REM with MML2 sure would be nice. But I really wonder about how vulnerable he is, even with the Tinbot.
    - I also wanted to squeeze an AHD into this list but haven't found the right fit for that yet. If the Mulebot got cut, that would definitely happen, probably on the Naga.

C&C appreciated.

Tac Window Abuse
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    SCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 2 Devabots Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (7)
    NAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    ORC MULTI Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 41)
    BAGH-MARI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 26)
    BAGH-MARI (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    REGULAR Hacker (Hacking Device, FastPanda) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    REGULAR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    MULEBOT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    GUARDA DE ASSALTO Spitfire + Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges + AUXBOT_2 / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 51)
    [​IMG] AUXBOT_2 Light Shotgun + Eclipse Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 6)
    DRAKIOS Combi Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower, Blitzen + 2 Devabots Kydoimos / Pistol,Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 42)
    [​IMG] DEVABOT KYDOIMOS Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (6)
    PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

8 SWC | 398 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#1 Savnock, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Looks like fun. Do you have any particular missions in mind?

The things that stand out to me:
    • Obvious LT. Definitely be careful in a format of 400 points that also includes an Order Cap, because this is just begging for Impersonators to come at you. I'd try to get one more LT clone in there somewhere.
    • The Regular LGL is great, and I wouldn't worry too much about getting hacked, because that link really shouldn't be anywhere far beyond your own DZ. Multiple light and medium infantry roaming the midfield is just begging to die, especially since you should be leveraging all those flamethrower bots to help dominate the midfield instead.
    • I see where you're headed with the Tinbot ORC, but I'm not sure you either need or want it. I think Dart might serve you better here, for a few reasons. For one, she can crack tough targets nearly as well as the ORC MULTI Rifle can, and you'll need that at a 400 point format. Second, the biggest weakness of this list are mines and disposable direct templates who simply trade with your auxbots and stop them from attacking anything meaningful. Dart's very good at clearing those types of threats, to pave the way for Flamethrower attack.
    Overall though, should be entertaining to use.

Savnock likes this.
  3. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Thanks for the tips!

For the Lt, I had considered making the Bagh-Mari HMG the Lt and obviously-protecting the Fusilier, but that seemed a bit risky to crits on the Bagh-mari if I actually want to use him. I guess a second Fusilier instead?

And good to know on the LGL/Hacker, and on using the Bagh-Mari link in general. As a Nomad and YJ player I tend to use MI aggressively, so I was thinking that for this link. I also often take a link down a member using a KHD through their own repeaters, and that seemed risky. but if it's just a firebase I guess that's still sucking up opposing orders, so maybe it's worth it anyways. Hmm. I'll try rebuilding it with out the Orc, and then without the Orc or the LGL hacker.

4. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Revised the list per @barakiel 's suggestions, upped the board control by making the Bagh-Mari group fully static, added a second possible Lt. (and more mines) to deter Impersonators a bit, added Dart, and gave one of the Peacemakers a Spitfire to add a little more midfield range to make up for the loss of the Bagh-Mari HMG.

Still not fully sold on ditching the HMG, but I guess if they're shooting at the link they're not eliminating the flamerbots closing in to hose everything down with fire in cheapo piece trades. I also don't like the lack of Sensor in an army that can field really good options for that which can't be hacked. Meh.

Feels a bit meme-listy at this point but it would sure be fun.

This list would be for Quadrant Control, Annihilation, Firefight, and other relatively uncomplicated face-bashing missions. I'd probably go heavy on infiltration and drop troops for objective-grabbing missions, or Montessa, Tikbalang, and a mixed HI/LI link if there are Exclusion zones. Would switch Dart out for a Montessa in anything requiring an antimaterial weapon.

Does that sound like a good alternate/second list to this?

Tac Window Abuse V2

DART Submachine Gun, Viral Tactical Bow, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 34)
    SCYLLA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Maestro) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser + 2 Devabots Charybdis / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    NAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    BAGH-MARI (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    REGULAR Hacker (Hacking Device, FastPanda) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    REGULAR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    MULEBOT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    GUARDA DE ASSALTO Spitfire + Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges + AUXBOT_2 / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 51)
    [​IMG] AUXBOT_2 Light Shotgun + Eclipse Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 6)
    DRAKIOS Combi Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower, Blitzen + 2 Devabots Kydoimos / Pistol,Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 42)
    PEACEMAKER Spitfire + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (1 | 27)
    MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

8 SWC | 395 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Teucer or Drakios hop into Group 1 depending on what's needed on a turn, or could put the Montessa in there if speed is really needed. Move up a flank with the Tikbalang, mid-table with Scylla's bots covering the Montessa who grabs stuff. Teucer and/or Drakios take out opposing board control pieces, then serve as ARO annoyances.

Something more sane, Exclusion zone version

TIKBALANG HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / AP CCW. (2 | 85)
    [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    MACHINIST (SAA) (CH: Mimetism, Multiterrain) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    KNIGHT OF MONTESA Paramedic (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun, Chain-colt / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 39)
    TEUCER (Multispectral Visor L2) Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 48)
    PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

7 SWC | 399 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#4 Savnock, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  5. Ruaridh

Ruaridh Well-Known Member

I like ur idea of hacker in the fire team if you come across combined army. Pitcher and hacking program that issolates can be a real pain

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Savnock likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation