1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden Deployment

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Fyeya, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

So I have a bit of a silly question.

When I have a trooper in hidden deployment and an enemy moves into the space they are hidden in, how do I handle revealing the trooper? I'm not sure what options I have in ARO or in the active turn.

I'm not sure if I would reveal into CC, or have to wait for them to move, or what.

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Waiting for them to move and revealing when someone is NOT standing on your face would be the easiest answer. If you want to reveal and get into CC you would need to declare an Engage.

If you want to reveal and NOT be in CC, you and your opponent would have to agree on a placement. Personally I would go for "as close as possible but separated bases by 1mm" or something like that.

chromedog and toadchild like this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

This has been previously answered. You can still reveal, and you're placed by the owning player as close to the original position as possible not in B2B.

xagroth likes this.
  4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

1. It is impossible to "accidentally" enter base contact with an enemy model. Not even declaring a move through a hidden deployment model accomplishes that.

Link to one of the discussions on the previous forum:
    http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/51016-moving-over-a-hd-unit/

The simplest thing (with the least negative interactions) is to simply ignore the base contact until the end of the order and then separate the figures if they still overlap.

chromedog and inane.imp like this.
  5. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Since old forums are dead and this wasn't solved properly here, what is the base for the ruling provided and does it still stand?

6. inane.imp

1. You can't enter B2B with a marker state model. Models in HD are in a TO marker state. Everything else is just a way of resolving the issues this creates.
    2. Yes.

7. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, what about the idea that in declaring an ARO, you simultaneously come out of HD as well as TO state?

As a less interesting example, are you not allowed to move into BtB with a camo troop that started the order as a camo marker, but then declared something that dropped that state (with a second short skill Move, of course).

That said, things indeed get back to the original hairiness if it's a camo marker moving and the HD troop chooses to delay against it...

8. inane.imp

You can. But in those circumstances the Camo marker reveals and then either trooper Moves / Engages into B2B.

In this case it's:
    3. Move into 'B2B' with a HD Trooper
    4. Trooper reveals and doesn't Engage
    5. Something other than Move

Since no movement is declared after step 3, then what's happened is that the active trooper has Moved into B2B with a Marker: which is not permitted. So it's resolved by leaving the Troopers '1mm' apart.

If either at Step 4 the Trooper declares Engage (and is subsequently successful) or at Step 5 the active Trooper moves into B2B with the revealed Trooper then you'd conclude the order in the Engaged state.

It's exactly the same interaction as if the TO marker was on the table:
    3. Alice Moves to '1mm distance' from Bob who is a TO Camo Marker
    4. Bob declares an ARO an is revealed
    5. Alice Moves to B2B with Bob

The only difference is that, when Bob starts in HD, at step 4 he's placed on the table '1mm distant' from Alice. This preserves the essential order of operations.

#8 inane.imp, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation