1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dire Foes 9

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Solar, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Momentary aside: The analysis here is really good. We're tangenting AF but these are excellent points. The Nomads subforum has a very good signal-to-whining ratio.

Back on the off-topic topic,
    This is such a cool idea. You wouldn't even have to apply it to whole troops types, just create a special exception/rule for that unit. I know this was mentioned in some other fixing-generic-HI threads but in the Nomad context it would really sing.

SpectralOwl, Tourniquet and jfunkd like this.
  2. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I don't think that's what he said ...

... buy maybe I am reading it wrong.

3. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Making Wildcard a generally MI ability is an interesting idea.

4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Doesn't entirely work. See Grenerzs. They're fine in a Sec link but otherwise meh. Even as Wildcards they still wouldn't be great.

I think it's more that mixed Fireteams based on MI is a reasonable middle ground compared to what we have now.

Kriza + Grenzer Haris rather than Kriza + Hollowmen would be a start. But it would also take massaging the Grenzer profiles.

Still doesn't work for Bakunin due the whole 3 different sub-factions issue.

5. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Yeah but they'd start to look a bit better comparatively if it was rare for other sectorials (inc non Nomad sectorials) to have LI or HI Wildcards. If making mixed links was more of a MI specialty.

6. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I think Moderators would get Moira support to solve the more difficult police type issues in Bakunin, so it would make sense for moderators and moiras to link up. You could also make the Moira Taskmaster connection as the two would work together if a praxis monstrosity escaped.

7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I thought we had the profile

8. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Do we have to wait till the end of january for the profile? Can we get a confirmation, Koni?
    If I'm not asking too much.

9. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

I asked him last month and he replied with end of January.

It's killing me too.

Modock likes this.
  10. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

OK, thank you!
    :cry:

11. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Lots of online stores list 1/30/2020 as the availability date so id imagine it would come out around then.

12. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

the intruder+moran+smoke combo is NOT cheaper than kriza (42+20+smoke, but yes, is more efective) and is a nasty tactic that should have never seen the light (it is from an unexpected rules interaction that CB doesn't want to address in this N3). It can be similarly done with white noise+taskmaster against MSV fireteams... but is nasty. The same kind of nasty as when used by an hsien haris

IM as a whole doesn't need a touch, is unit by unit what needs to be checked. What can work for wildcats might not work for grenzers, prowlers or hellcats, and will end buffing the already powerful ones

LaughinGod likes this.
  13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The large majority of MI need a touchup, however I also think one change for all of them probably isn't the best option.

14. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

While some what degenerate, it's no where near as bad as the Hisen primarily as it limited uses, and an actual resource cost applied to it along with generally lower burst and lower chance of success. And frankly anything that essentially tells SSL2 and by extension fireteams to go back to what ever hellscape they came from is fine by me.

Also for the majority of factions it is the only reliable way to deal with certain problems that are becoming more ubiquitous.

loricus likes this.
  15. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the Intruder +Moran + smoke combo. I get the Intruder + smoke interaction but what does the Moran have to do with it?

Also what do you mean by the Taskmaster vs MSV fire teams?

16. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

To quote myself in this very same thread about how you use smoke, koalas, and an intruder to murder linked dudes without MSV:

The Swast is the reverse application, Taskmasters v MSV fireteams.

17. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

Ahh that makes more sense.
    A it might be a bit unreliable with the Intruder as your burst goes down to 2. A Kriza may be better for the burst 3.

I actually never though of using the Taskmaster's Koalas this way.

18. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Kriza can't see through smoke, also given that it's somewhat unreliable means its only a little bullshit as opposed to utterly cancerous, TM is great as you don't need to coordinate with a lunokhod or moran, so maintains his burst, the HRL TM is one of the better options for this, that way what ever you're shooting at ends up burning to death and the extended range is nice.

19. SpectralOwl

I've been arguing for months now that one of the endless waves of Mercenaries we keep getting should have Nimbus Grenades for this exact reason. Maybe Kovac could bring them along for Tunguska, provide a non-Kriza option to deal with annoying Fireteams.

jfunkd likes this.
  20. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

That's my second hope for Kovac; Nimbus Grenades.

First being the completely unreasonable Inferior Infiltration and sixth sense.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation