1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Sword of Haqqislam

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Envihon, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Envihon

Envihon The Sword of Haqqislam, High Commander Envihon

So to start things off here in things here, wanted to create a thread that I could update periodically whenever I updated my blog here on the forums so here it is. It will also keep me from having a start a new thread every time I write a new article. Right now just going to link the blog in this first post. If there is anything you guys want to see, questions and comments, feel free to leave a response here or send me a message. As always my friends, continue to seek knowledge, Mashallah.

https://swordofhaqqislam.blogspot.com/

2. Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer Member

First off, thanks! I recently started Haqqislam and have found your blog a helpful resource. Two areas I'd been keen to see covered in future articles are a guide to using Holo projectors, and perhaps an article on the link teams for Govads and Muyibs (particularly as the new box of Muyibs has just been released).

But really, anything you write on Haqqislam is always fun.

3. Envihon

I can definitely do an article about Holoprojectors, I always forget how much Haqqislam has those in our faction especially with me switching my focus to Hassassin Bahram this season and my use of the Hassassin Ayyar and Yasbir, this is definitely a good topic to cover.

It's funny you should request an article on Govads and Muyibs because right after the article I just wrote on reflecting about vanilla and then my expectations for Hassassin, I am going to be writing articles about the Govads and Muyibs. I really think Govads are underrated mostly because everyone obsesses about Muyiba because, well, let's face it, Muyibs probably are one of the best link teams in Infinity. So keep an eye out for that!

4. Sun Stealer

Sun Stealer Member

Excellent. I agree, Govads are under rated. I really like them (particularly due to the fantastic models). I look forward to seeing future articles.

Envihon likes this.
  5. Ixidro

Ixidro Deep agent infiltrated in PanOceanian HQ

The only problem with govads is the SWC. 0,5 killer hacker and 1,5 the HMG are a pain (also, no medic, but it's ok).

Although we have very good unitis w/o avaliability (fiday, ayyar), most of the time I find myself relaying more on the muyib haris because they have lower SWC cost.

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI LYO-L21 mediante Tapatalk

6. terrordactyl

terrordactyl High Commander, Sword of Allah, Concilium Prima
    Warcor

I think that's a tax on having those items on a profile with Veteran. Both can still be pretty dangerous even with a limited order pool to rely on.

7. Envihon

That's exactly why. The Govad Killer Hacker isn't the only Killer Hacker with an SWC cost, Bit and Kiss also have a KHD and they are also 0.5 SWC. It would seem that any KHD with extra advantages will have SWC cost to help temper that advantage.

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Bit has minelayer (she deploys a repeater instead of a mine), and Kiss has an Adhesive Launcher, I think the 0.5 CAP comes more from there, and the repeater on Kiss: Scylla also costs 0.5 CAP when deployed as KHD (and her other hacking device versions), yet her only gear are 1-2 Devabots with reapeater.

I'd say the Govad KHD costs CAP because of being inmunne to Isolated, because I think it's the one of the few linkable KHD (Druze, I think is the only other one... Anyway, SS2), and because they are "elite LI", closer to a MI with extra movement than a true LI.

9. Envihon

Alright faithful readers of the Sword of Haqqislam, just got a new article done. It's about my reflection of playing vanilla Haqqislam in ITS Season 8 and what I hope to get out Hassassin Bahram in ITS Season 9. Hope everyone enjoys! http://swordofhaqqislam.blogspot.com/2017/11/its-season-9-hassassins-creed.html

Next on the table to tackle is the underrated Hassassin Govad, so look out for it here and on the various facebook outlets!

10. Ixidro

Ixidro Deep agent infiltrated in PanOceanian HQ

That was a really cool article. The thing I like the most is that every article is written from personal point of view instead of a pure analytical way (not implying any lack of it: crearly you invest a considerable amount of time thinking of new ways to use every unit you've analyzed).

As a matter of fact, I've decided to play this season with Hassassins too (the new sarter was the little push I needed) and I already own almost everything, except new muyibs (but santa knows :wink:) . The most difficult thing to me is finding a reliable/resilient datatracker. Since you can't cammo or IMP, our most resilient troops in the army are the Asawira or the Lasiq (and technically Avicena too). So I wanna ask: what's your usual choice for the role?

P.S.: I'm looking forward to read that Govad article. Besides of what I said earlier, I've fielded them with great success and the hacker model is my fav <3

11. Envihon

Well, I am glad I can deliver this then, the Govad article is done and published! Here it is fellow seekers of knowledge: http://swordofhaqqislam.blogspot.com/2017/12/the-morats-of-haqqislam.html
    I really enjoyed writing that article. One of my favorite units all around from lore to tactics. Going to take a break from covering a unit and write up the holoprojector article to keep up a variety.

As far as a data tracker, that is a complicated question just because the data tracker has so many different roles across the ITS missions. Sometimes you want to protect the data tracker because it has a target on it's back, sometimes you want to be hunting with the data tracker. It almost would be an article for itself. For hunting, nothing beats an Asawira in a Haris or even a Muyib or Govad in a link. Helps a lot to get them where they are going.

12. Bobman

Bobman MERC

For HVT kill missions I like the Muyib or Fasid GL . Usually placed 16in out can be relatively easy to get with range and no need to push through in coming fire to get an angle.

13. Envihon

Unfortunately, the Al Fasid is not available in Hassassin Bahram because that would be a great choice but the Muyib with Light Grenade launcher in a 5 man link, bombard that HVT with Grenades.

14. Death

Death Well-Known Member

It would be great to see some sample Hassassin lists.

15. Envihon

I actually don't put up sample lists on purpose. Except for starter lists for beginners to have them start some where in the game, it comes close to net listing and can handicap a player more than help them. There are many variables that go into making a list: the amount of missions, which missions are being played, what your meta is, etc. Corvus Belli made it so that list tailoring is apart of the strategy. Rather giving the role of unit within the army can help you determine whether you take that unit with you in a list, which is what I do on my unit highlights.

After I learned Haqqislam and got comfortable with Infinity, I stopped keeping around the same lists, deleting them after the ITS event to start fresh the next time. Helps to keep diversity and less predictability.

Would I possibly do articles to introduce factions? Maybe but I feel like there is tons of places that help with start lists.

16. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Nevermind, on the old forum theres a topic with people posting and discussing the Hassassin lists they are using and results from games. Gives me some food for thought which is all I wanted.

I agree on not playing the same lists everytime. I just enjoy seeing how people play the same sectorial differently. There are order spam Hassassin lists and more elite Hassassin lists.

17. Envihon

What I could do is theory crafting about how I go about constructing lists and what I consider when making a list in Hassassin Bahram. When I finally get out to a tournament as well, I can show the process of how I prepare and how everything panned out.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  18. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

There's also Leila. But I'm not sure if there are others.

If anyone deserves that nickname, that would be Muibs, who happen to have SWC discounts left and right.

xagroth likes this.
  19. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I tend to leave characters aside, since they wreck any comparison anyway, but yeah, you are right.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation