1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo.... what's gonna be in Svalarheima?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Mikes, Nov 27, 2019.

1. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

My bad on the “like” thing. I didn’t realize I wasn’t supposed to use them on posts I find well said and agree with.

2. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

The reason I bring that up that the individual in question is one of the biggest reasons I took a break from this place when the old forums shut down.It's someone that continually would be insulting in Spanish in the previous forum and then take umbrage when I responded in kind. It's someone who would continually go out of their way to try to tell me why something I suggested was awful. It's someone who would CONSTANTLY do exactly what I pointed out here, which is upvoting posts that contain personal attacks.

And additionally, that same poster? Is one of the people who was most responsible for dragging the various news & rumor threads off topic with food nonsense.

Yet you have the gall to say I'm a shitposter when I've stayed on topic.
    You'd be surprised at the things of mine that received upvotes. Threads like this tend to not get them as people invested in them are less interested in actually having a discussion and more interested in telling me how I'm wrong, like you with the "BUT IF THEY'RE FROM SVALARHEIMA THAT MAKES THEM SVALARHEIM UNITS!".
    Nope. I've tried being diplomatic at times. It gets me warned for dragging things "off topic" or the topics die off.

And frankly, work on your spelling. It's atrocious.

3. kanluwen

Most people would. There were even some fairly well thought out concepts that were submitted by the community in the past. Things like Valkyries as an air deployable medic unit(GEE I wonder where that Hakims concept might have originated!), Einherjager as a kind of hardcore Medium Infantry 'line' trooper instead of Fusiliers/Nisses, S5 "Troll" units that were akin to the Geckos, etc.

Mikes and Yinsania like this.
  4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

If Svalarheima dont get a medical AD troop named Valkyries rescue batallion or similars (Pano version of the hakims) i will be too dissapointed.

About knights. We all love knights and they becoming a NA2 force for "space Crusading" against aliens, but is more probable to them go OOP (like Acontecimento) than becoming a NA2 army. (a bit sad that a normal discussion about Svalarheima ended being a too angry discussion about knights yes or knights dont)

I firmly think that svalarheima will have Sergeants and Hospitalliers, but the only troop i think is a placeholder in the Blizzard 6 list for an upcoming newcomer is Saito Togan

5. A Mão Esquerda

I think the OS were also placeholders, especially after Fusis were removed from MO.

6. SpectralOwl

I'd be happy if they used the names and a little visual inspiration for logos from Scandinavia, but I really don't want to see Viking cosplayers and Valkyrie lookalikes as a standard thing in Sval. Bring in Saito as a merc and you'd have the whole cast of For Honor in one sectorial, which would look absolutely silly on the table, and Vanilla has enough trouble holding down an identity as it is. The current known lineup is missing a non-REM Spitfire carrier, my hunch is that gun will appear on an Infiltrator since that's something PanO han't done yet.

SKOZZOKONZ likes this.
  7. A Mão Esquerda

Or perhaps an AD, with either one as HI. Would make sense to have a heavily equipped AD or Infiltrator on an ice planet.

8. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Simply because I'm not convinced that they will be included in Svalarheima.

But they are FAR more likely to appear than for the entire setting to be re-written to alter PanOceania to the extent necessary for the Military Orders to suddenly turn into a NA2 force.

Musterkrux and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. A Mão Esquerda

The removal of Fusis from MO backs that up as well. Highly improbable that there would be two Line Toops.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  10. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Butterfingers on mobile, honestly couldn't be arsed to proofread, mea culpa.

See I don't give a shit if you can't leave your personal beef with one particular person out of a discussion that has nothing to do with it. Heck if I know why you even bring that shit up, I'm not here for you or your tragic feud for the ages, I just disagree with your oppinion in this particular case because it's badly laid out and backed by thin air.
    Don't care about who upvotes what, waste of my time, find somewhere else to validate your butthurt ego on that particular front, move on will ya?

Your point about troops "based on" a planet doesn't hold much water. There are no Paradiso Sectorials (yet), but I'm willing to bet a lot of money if there ever will be, they're gonna largely be troops "based on Paradiso", including your Ariadna example.
    Now that we established "based on" - as in permanently stationed and integrated as part of the local military - should be quite enough verification for troops being part of a Sectorial.
    Hospitalers are for the most part bread, born and raised on Sval. Which exceeds "based on" by a little, probably... maybe, but since that' not allowed on your little green hill, what about Orcs?
    Based on everywhere in the Sphere, included in all PanO Sectorials other than MO and probably, maybe likely to show up in Sval. Mechanically terrible, because Orcs are shite outside a Fireteam of things that can fuel them. But here we are, 4 Sectorials with them and Gutier didn't give a fuck about making them interesting in any way shape or form anyway.
    "BUT IF THEY'RE FROM SVALARHEIMA THAT MAKES THEM SVALARHEIM UNITS!"
    Oh my, more allcaps. As laid out above - yes boy, that's EXACTLY how most of the fluff based decisions work. In fact probably all of them.
    Unless there's not a good reason for an exception, like MO troops having their own Sectorial and thus Neoterra technically having 2 Sectorials although that's making it too easy.
    With Hospitalers deeply integrated in the Sval Military, shown in CBLs and referenced as part of the planetary defense forces I don't see why there would be the necessety for an exception here.
    Are Orcs in 5 Sectorials (including Sval) terrible? Hell yes! Is that going to prevent it? Probably not, 3 was a good number to stop and that ship already sailed a while ago.
    Shit happens mate, hope we get new and amazing Sval troops so we don't have to touch 40ish points HI with a stick.

So TL;DR
    IF THEY'RE FROM SVAL AND NOTHING SPEAKS AGAINST IT, AND IN FACT THERE ARE MASSIVE HINTS SUGGESTING THE OPPOSITE.
    SHIT THAT'S ON SVAL WILL - wait for it - PROBABLY BE IN SVAL! (*surprie noises*)
    See how allcaps does nothing for the point and just makes this appear like manchild ravings? Anyonelse finding that counter productive? No? Just me? Okay then.
    Also whatever Illuminati theory comes next - rest assured guys, we all know the Tohaa did it.

Tourniquet, AdmiralJCJF, eciu and 3 others like this.
  11. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I wouldnt mind crusader brethren being given another crack in Sval. I have a damn hard time squeezing them into MO. Sval might give them an interesting spot to be.

Tourniquet and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. A Mão Esquerda

Could, but going off the Snake Eaters, it seems more likely a new one will be introduced.

13. kanluwen

What a wonderfully disingenuous argument, that apparently still doesn't grasp the difference between "A group comes from" and "A group is part of".

14. A Mão Esquerda

Which part of the Tohaa? Trinomial, Trident, Triumvirate, Triad, Trio, Triplets?

15. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The Trilateral Commission

Savnock and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  16. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Ok guys, do you think we will see mixed teams with Hospitallers being joined by Nisse or Line Troopers of Shval (Fusi/Sergeants or whatever the new type will be) ?

Mikes likes this.
  17. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

But what is there to suggest that the Hospitallers don't both come from and are part of Svalarheima..?

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  18. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

I have a feeling that this will be the case

19. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Nothing.

They both come from and are part of Svalarheima.

This fact is confirmed in both the material we have in the wargaming and in the RPG.

A Mão Esquerda and chaos11 like this.
  20. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

And if we take in consideration the artbook's paint where the Hospitaliers are charging in front of what i think is their monastery, we can see also De Fersen, Magister and Crusader

[​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation