1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Earth Bastion Army

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Jobenheim, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Jobenheim

Jobenheim Rookie Heavy Infantry enthusiast

Heyo. Long-time lurker, first-time poster here.

I've been wanting to make an Earth-themed list for PanO for a while. From all I gathered it's likely going to be a generic vanilla list, which I'm perfectly fine with. However, I'm looking for any bits of lore or colour schemes like SAA or Varuna have.

Any advice on where to look for inspiration? :thinking_face:

Golem2God, Teleute and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Only the RPG books, so far.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

And, even in those, very little of it.

A Mão Esquerda and Golem2God like this.
  4. SpectralOwl

It's known the Order of the Holy Sepulchre is based on Earth from their store fluff. To my knowledge it's the only confirmed Sol-centric unit in Infinity.

eciu likes this.
  5. Jobenheim

That's sad tbh.

From what I could gather from the RPG Corebook (history of the human sphere section was a huge revelation for me) and N3 material, The PMC on Earth would likely be lagging behind the Sectorials and field lots of outdated equipment. This would make for an interesting contrast with the rest of PanO armies, but wouldn't make much sense meta-wise with PanO being the 'high-tech' faction of the game.

6. A Mão Esquerda

They’re still a priority, as we can see from their capabilities in enacting the Steel Wall.

Dragonstriker and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  7. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

"Outdated" in PanO language means "on date" to a lot of other factions. Still, I think you'll see in ORCs and Fusiliers in addition to the standard troops of any PanO sectorial. Maybe the REM availability will more on par with what MO has, to show it, plus more units with WIP 12, only camo, only MSV1, few Auxbots etc.

8. Jobenheim

As A Mão Esquerda pointed out, I was completely oblivious of the forces deployed in the Steel Wall. Having caught up on PMC fluff, I'm more inclined to think a lore-accurate Earth detachment would pretty much be vanilla PanO with a unit or two from the Order of the Holy Sepulchre. But then again, as things stand now after the events of Uprising, I wouldn't be surprised if units from Varuna or Neoterra were rotated into Sol for the Steel Wall as well since relations have worsened with Yu Jing.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. A Mão Esquerda

I can't really see any PMC force being "outdated". Considering it's guarding the cradle of humanity, and multiple cultural and religious sites, with the most prestigious of the Military Orders likely to be part of it, it will have the same level of gear as the other forces. I could even see higher AVA of some of the more prestigious units.

10. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Steel Rain Wall was more an Aerospace blockade though, wasn't it? Maybe a few non-earth troops would have been brought in but it's likely they were needed at the other aspects of Steel Wall, since that was on more than just Earth and is partly why Kuramori became a funeral pyre. YuJing had a free hand to just pour troops in as they had total dominance.

Barring an official sectorial popping up (which IMO would basically be some existing units and a couple of additions like an Aussie unit and maybe an "older" TAG or Stingray variant) I think the following units might be a "get away with on Earth or as an Earth equivalent"
    -Akalis
    -Bagh Mari
    -Fusiliers
    -Guarda de Assalto
    -Hexas
    -ORCs
    -Knight of the Holy Sepulchre as already noted
    -Standard REMs, Techbees, trauma docs, machinists
    -Mercs like CSUs and Bounty Hunters
    -Stingray variant TAGs

Don't forget Earth is just a birthplace to the major players in the setting. PanOceania has Neoterra as a capital in all respects, YuJing mostly lives on YuTang and ShenTang, Nomads are Nomads, Haqq are Bourak, ALEPH probably hangs out on Conciullium more.

It's a prestige posting, probably - but not one for any large scale deployments. Earth is minor powers like Japan, Nigeria, Russia, the remains of the US, and so on. There's no real threat to PanO there... or even much worth defending in real terms.

#10 Del S, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Jobenheim likes this.
  11. Jobenheim

Steel REHN Wall should also have included a maritime blockade iirc - all major powers and large NA nations maintain their respective navies on Earth, of which PanO used theirs to flex their muscles since the Nanotech Wars (according to the RPG material). A naval blockade would make even more sense considering that the strait of Malacca divides PanOs and Yu Jing's core territories. Hence the thought of naval units rotated in from Varuna.

Units-wise, I agree with the Aconteccan 'stand-ins' and Hexas, though given the picture of depopulated Earth painted in the fluff I doubt there would be enough materiél to field large specialized units like those in NCA or SAA. As for Stingrays, weren't Uhlans only found in NCA and Tikbalangs in SAA?

This sums up the point on what's worth defending on Earth. I doubt either Yu Jing or PanO would tolerate any moves or actions towards, say, Beijing or Canberra, much like Haqqislam won't be fine with any hostile actions against Mecca (even though they're housed on Bourak). I would also bet on there being a sizable industrial component on Earth. Sure, the populations moved off-world, but an opportunistic mind won't let territories with Earth's urbanization and infrastructure be reclaimed by nature without installing an automated production plant or two.

#11 Jobenheim, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  12. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Oops, I meant sea and aerospace blockade, missed a bit.

Earth wasn't excessively depopulated really. After all, with only 9 million people total, Ariadna produces a whole host of units, tracing lineage back to Earth sometimes. Parts of Earth that in all but the Russian cases, Panoceania now controls. And Earth still has 8.2 billion people in Infinity according to the RPG. Where our own population will be in 2025, actually. 2100, estimates think the population will peak at 12bn or so, meaning at most Earth has lost maybe 6 to 8bn to offworld migration. And there's about 6bn more on Mars, Jupiter's orbitals, Saturn, etc.

Also, PanO holds India, much of Europe, and many other fairly populous nations today (iirc a fair bit of South and Central America is PanO as are Indonesia and a few neighbouring island states) , so odds are good they have a 2-3bn population to draw from on Earth alone. Not quite the 7bn of Neoterra alone, but still a sizable populace.

Jobenheim likes this.
  13. Jobenheim

That's a great observation! Sure, "depopulated" by the time the NC was established would've meant a decrease from the gargantuan pre-Star Tide numbers. And, having checked the RPG material again, I can confirm Earth's 'current' population is still higher than Acontecimento, Varuna and Svalarheima combined. So sure, there should be plenty of people and resources for anything PMC Command could desire.

I should backtrack on this - with the manpower PanO has in Sol, there's no need to rotate anything from other systems.

On a side note, so why don't we have any Sol sectorials for the bigger factions yet?

Golem2God likes this.
  14. A Mão Esquerda

Because Sol isn’t new and shiny, all of the other systems are, and get a lot more coverage.

Jobenheim, AdmiralJCJF and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation