1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maru Painting and stuf

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by maru, Nov 27, 2017.

1. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ok lets add some grup shots :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a trio of random minis: a werewolf with strange face , a mage i have no clue for long time how to paint and a Dragon ball character ;)
    they turned out suprisingly good - most cool to paint is the blue haired one just shame details are so unsharp and un even

ZlaKhon, Section9, Marduck and 6 others like this.
  2. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ok lest follow things up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So Hellboy , An Nooctopussy , and a Whilpgirl ??
    Ye it is a hellboy ... thous 3 minis are quite good but not assharp as 2 newest a "Shild Girl " and a "Boxer"
    and i must admit i was surprised how well "Whilp girl" turn out :)

Section9, Oni, volgo and 5 others like this.
  3. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ok lets go
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So we got a Banana peal thrower girl - interesting concept but cast is not best same as meterial - i was surprised how good she actualy turn out taking in to accou8nt starting point
    "the robot" - strange one to paint and do not liked his starting colour
    Elf with stick - ther are some details i have no idea what there were - is not best cast and material way to bendy , and i have no idea what is he wearing on top - is this feathers ? , Scails ?? furr ??leafs ??

BTW bra of Banana peal girl - is formed in a shape of hands grabbing breasts XD

Section9, LaughinGod, Oni and 4 others like this.
  4. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so next minis from Aristea
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So Dart , Valkir and Sworld girl
    Dart - not bad mini but details on face left alone to guess :)
    Valkire - was considering changing the huge pol to a metal rod but amount of work and time decide for no over all not worsdt mini but grab incoming metal one if you desire a well detailed one :)
    Blade girl - there ware something extremly unappeling to her oficial pj .. dunno why and the details on this mini was less prominent then mold line and it was deffinitly not helpful

jherazob, Oni, Section9 and 1 other person like this.
  5. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Hoy Hoy :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So monkey boy :) - nice mini fun to paint and again i completly do not like official colours - fire inspiration from Nezah ..
    Panda 8 Ball .. shame this mini got so bad details in first plastic print - i was surprised this end so well
    Green gras humper - cool mimi a lot of details that do not work in this plastic - in newest yes nut not in one this got casted - over all funny mini

Oni, volgo, Golem2God and 1 other person like this.
  6. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

A nice collection of Aristeia! minis. I must say face of your Pedo-bea... I mean 8-ball freaks me out.

maru likes this.
  7. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ok last but not lest for now :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Miamoto Sashimi - nice design but suffers from same flaw as all minis in first pack - rubery lack of details
    "Gandi" Suprisingly nice mini with not bad details as on this material
    and a Boxer - one of the best details on plastic mini reliced by CD yet.

Oni, Mannebein, volgo and 3 others like this.
  8. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Salamandra if i recall well :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    over all nice and cool mini all tho im not a fun of how gun and arms are montrd soi pin them solid - just in case

Belgrim, ZlaKhon, Berjiz and 4 others like this.
  9. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Holy Guacamoly .. it supoust to be a hellowen upload ... caind of mised a mark ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so ye i do not like orginal paint job on this mini so i made a different one ;)

Oni, volgo, Usashi and 3 others like this.
  10. maru

maru Well-Known Member

ok lets folow this with more Aristeia !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so ye another minis osl "inquisitor: and Lunach

Belgrim, Oni, volgo and 3 others like this.
  11. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

That's a Dark Angel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Amazing style! Would you be willing to share a few pointers on how you approached this paint job? I think trying something in this direction would be great for my CA.

13. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Yes but could you be more precise as whole process would took a lot to write
    is it about collor theme ?
    or shading ??
    or osl
    or creating global light ??
    or over all about how to start painting this paricular theme with this purple underlight ??

ZlaKhon likes this.
  14. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think that you start with a miniature that is primed black and then you apply some soft shading with air brush, grey from top, purple from bottom?
    Then you take a brush to do the highlights using fluo color or even fluo pigments?

A rough step by step would be really great just to know what you do with air brush what with brush and how you achieve the glowing effect

15. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Air brush yes but is dooable with brush to :)
    base is actualy grey dark
    first go purple from under - it may be any other colour (green / red whatever )
    next go brown - stright
    and from above a mix of blue + black from like 55 degre
    and above mix + a tint of white stright from above

For a nice glow effect i actualy paint it black and white at beggining - to c correctly how light propagate then depending on what i colour want to get i paint it in near one i want - if my goal is red i colorise it yellow - then after glazing in red i get desired effect (as if you applay red over white result will be cold pinkish not red ) - same green light - again yellow - for magenta actualy white is correct as Magenta + yellow = red
    fluo paints helps a lot with saturation but will not do everything - if you applay fluo over black or dark colour you will get no effect at all or something strange - so any way you need first paint a light point any way - and to get a correct contrast best is mark it a s a pure white (a source of light) then do rest remembering that it is light then get there with colour of desired osl
    - this works for osl - but will not for global light this should be made at begining or effect will be random and not equall
    - in case of dioramas you may actualy pre paint evrything black / grey / white and then add colours as this will keep light and contrast correct across whole thing .

if you look at previous page you will c this used on Knauf , this Whilp chick from A! , and on"monky boy " from A! - i paint light on this min first then colours pop uped by glazes and i finished it with bit of fluo red / orange and / magenta to push the effect from just light to fire :)
    i should post an Maximus from Aristea who is painted in similar way with brush - first from botom brown , then purple then dark blue and light from bellow fixed with red to get an red under glow - i may add photos from different unusual angle like from below or just above to show how this actualy work :)

it is way easer to show then talk - it is one of thous tech that is hard to explain but easy to show

- o and if it made with brushes in include it in self a tech thats create false micro details :)

Belgrim, ZlaKhon and jherazob like this.
  16. maru

maru Well-Known Member

SO how it looks in wps :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so basicly this is bottom blue
    mid Green
    and overtop a red (when miced with blue you get this purple )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Si i just added yellow elements libing a previous applayed global things to show a bith true end effect things
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    so i uped up turquise things added brownish paint and and made some highlights over all
    so you may c how this works as colours i added at beggining mix with the one i applay over and create fitting mood - same may be done for most of colours
    and yes as the colour dominating is Greenish i add a turquise to all highlights and i will add a tint of red more to top of the mini

Smiler, Belgrim, ZlaKhon and 2 others like this.
  17. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

looks neat! well done

18. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so lets follow with this :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    blocking up lasting colours and chacking contrast

[​IMG]
    almost done - over all things on correct place - added yellow on his belly wher i woud put Green / yellow lights
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a bit Tweeked contrast , added Green / yelow glow to some of the things
    added randon brushstrockes imitating scratches on materials
    - thing missing is basing - and it will be a thing painted on like on others Aristeia minis - then final contrast check if mini works with base
    so this is basicly same thing as on Salamander just on other mini and other colours used

hope this helped a bit

o and compaRSION
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

ZlaKhon, Oni, volgo and 2 others like this.
  19. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

lol dats normal map painting xD

20. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so you have worked in 3D ;)
    colours are a bit off for map painting / pink magenta go bottom green blur top .
    i may even do a mini in correct colours for map painting :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation