1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing in N4

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You don't actually need to cover your entire zone with repeaters to be a pain in the ass. Applying the common modus operandi to prevent AD troops work just fine, as even though the Louie has NWI, it needs that "wound" to compensate for price and lack of MODs. What you need repeaters for are roof access, random corners, and so on. One or two repeaters/assault hackers deployed close to DZ's edge should do it

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Something i read in another N4 group was about SWC cost being too high for some troops. I think i have to agree. Sometimes it’s for story reasons, but for the most part it’s not. I can not see myself taking a Zhanshi Multi-sniper for 1.5 SWC ever. I hardly even think of taking a 1 SWC HMG. I think they need to adjust a bit of how they figure out the cost. Which to me, should be tied to the figures BS. For example, a BS10 is 0 SWC, BS11 is .5 SWC, BS12 is 1 SWC, BS13 is 1.5 SWC, BS14 is 2 SWC, Then add for any other factors like HI is a +.5 SWC or whatever.

Mahtamori likes this.
  3. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

It might be a meta thing here as well. The theory of covering your whole DZ with repeaters is often met with the harsh reality of there not being totally optimal spaces for those larger bases.

But maybe we just play on sparse tables that challenge deployment.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Sure, you get that free drop in if your opponent only has the one hacker, which may get you to kill the hacker in the explosion.

Then you're getting into the Core Fireteam around the hacker.

N1 was like that (Keisotsu in particular had all 0.5SWC guns), but N2 made Multisnipers specifically cost 1.5SWC across the board.

5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Not a lot of core fireteams in vanilla CA, Haqq or Yu Jing, but I understand the point :)

6. Space Ranger

I understand the weapon having an swc cost but is a multi-sniper really better than a regular sniper in the hands of a BS10 troop?

7. Mahtamori

It is, that's why it's also more expensive in points...

8. Space Ranger

If it can't hit it's not better. Of course i'm not counting in a link.

9. Mahtamori

Is shooting B2 of DA better than shooting B2 of Shock on a BS 11 model when the range bands are exactly the same?
    Yes. For nearly all targets. Nearly. Against Dogged and NWI the Shock ammo is better, but against anything else the choice of AP or DA is going to be better. It should definitely be more expensive, but I in my opinion the increased points cost should be sufficient difference.

10. Space Ranger

Yes i agree about point cost. That makes sense but I don't think it needs to cost 1.5 SWC in the hands of that troop.

11. Section9

DA ARO, potentially B2 if in a Fireteam. (Not that AP ammo is ever worth using)

12. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I would like a Liu Xing character with NCO in N4.

Cheers.

Mahtamori likes this.
  13. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I would like a Liu Xing rework instead.

That said, concerning NCO and IA, with the problems in list composition that the sectorial faces, I can't help but to think that the only way to give the expensive centrepiece troopers like the Guijia or Hac Tao a place in the faction would be to provide them with an NCO profile. Order efficiency in IA only works through such narrow facets, and it really punishes the use of much of IA's more expensive troopers in an already very expensive faction.

Section9 likes this.
  14. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I think most people would just LOVE an IA rework. Am I right??? I doubt we will see that. We have what we have.

Dragonstriker, Section9 and csjarrat like this.
  15. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I'm expecting heavy infantry might get a rework in N4, which will directly benefit IA.

16. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I hope so.

I have had several games with them so far with a great track record in a non-tournament environment. The biggest issue I see is that we can't build lists that can reliably accomplished all the objectives in the game due to the sever limitations of points cost. And that was been talked about in length on many threads. So, yeah, IA can win games but can they achieve 10 objective points that well? I don't think so. This is what puts them behind in the grand scale of competitive play imo.

csjarrat likes this.
  17. Section9

Agreed!

Yeah, that is definitely my big complaint about IA. Very few ITS-competitive builds, and the fluffy builds (almost all HI and REMs) are painfully NON-competitive.

I would argue that is an indication that IA really needs to be re-examined.

Either that or ITS needs to be reworked so that IA as-is can achieve max objective points more easily.

I think it'd be easier to re-work IA than to rework ITS without breaking ITS!

18. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

I’d like a non-hacker Liu Xing model.

19. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I mean, I'd rather the rules before the model. He mostly just sits there collecting dust as things are anyway.

20. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I've mentioned this in other threads, but the fact that there are missions like Looting & Sabotaging in ITS means that there's not that much high-level thought going into it imo.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation