1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A List of Demands: Negotiating ISS adjustments

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Weathercock, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Counterintelligence, you mean? Yeah, it'd be good to get that skill out more, and I agree that Kanren would be the fluffiest fit for it.

I'm pretty sure that every EOD tech in every nation has a shirt that says, "I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!"

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kan Ren with CounterIntelligence is IMO THE BEST IDEA SO FAR!

Also @Azuset about every single Fireteam Option in ISS is capable of bringing Madtraps to protect said fireteam, Wu Ming + Zhanying Madtraps, Crane + CG + Xi Zhuang, Bao Core with Pheasant Madtraps, Hsien + Zhanying Haris + Madtraps.

Kan Ren Brings Madtraps as well and his AVA is 3, he can also bring minelayer with Sniffers, or your choice of KHD or AHD, when you use Kan Ren you don’t lose the Order the ninja Takes for Hidden Deployment and he can pose as a second Kan Ren to fill that gap (the one weakness of this tactic is if your opponent knows how to count up to 10 xD)

#62 Anonymous, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2019
    Azuset likes this.
  3. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Rather than a long list of edits, how about just giving some smoke to IA. lol

4. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Counterintelligence shouldn't come anywhere near a sectorial/faction who can easily field 20 orders supporting top notch attack pieces. Even if it's highly thematic.

SpectralOwl and Mahtamori like this.
  5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I think those idiots are disqualified from having that skill, failing literally their only job in Uprising.

Depends on the price IMO. CI is only broken on retarded things like the Puppeteer in Nomads. Having an expensive unit with CI would be okay IMO but ISS have other problems that needs addressed before introducing CI.. like Bao and Pheasants.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

This.

I'd like to see it in an easily-accessible spot for IA-only, like on all Daoying profiles or Tai Sheng or something else that means you'll get it whether you need it or not, because edging over to 11 or 12 orders is/could be necessary there, but for ISS or vanilla factions in general it should be applied very sparingly if at all. I think Shukra for Aleph is fine since Aleph has fairly costly order generators, but I'm not a fan of what Puppetactica does for vanilla Nomads and Taagma and Alpha are pushing it a bit.

7. Section9

Fair point.

I've been trying really hard to forget the atrocity that was Uprising fluff, apparently mostly successfully now.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  8. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

We cannot take Uprising book seriously. If Yu Jing is exactly how is described in that book, I cannot (we cannot) understand how that became the 2 superpower. Remember that Yanjing failed, the ISS failed, the Navy failed, politicians failed, the army failed... More than a Lore book it is a propaganda book against YJ.
    That's why we shouldn't underestimate our troops, because anything and anyone can do nothing against plot-armor.
    The Kanren is great troop in the table, and in the fluff they can fight and infiltrate through dangerous mafias, terrorist, enemies and traitors of the Empire State.
    Never underestimate our forces, we should support and try to improve them with new ideas and views for their functions in the army.

#68 Borlois, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Dragonstriker and Azuset like this.
  9. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

*looks at real life*
    Erm are you sure that displays of comical incompetence aren't realistic?

colbrook likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I can think of two answers to this:
    1. We have to set aside realism for the story's aftermath to work, so yes, realistic incompetence is already off the table.
    or 2. Comical incompetence on only one side is unrealistic, yes.

11. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Considering ISS dudes look like walking oranges I for one enjoy the irony.
    Don't really mind playing the cartoon villain's either, has its own charm.

The real world is a weird-ass place full of illogical and erratic behaviour combined with mindboggling stupidity.
    1. It's a story, that has been telegraphed since forever. Probably not the best story, but all the more of a reason to stop being butthurt about it.
    Too soon? Oh well, maybe 2022 then. (not directed at you specifically, you're definitely one of the reasonable guys)
    2. *looks at real life....again* Onesided comical incompetence is unrealistic?
    We've seen that stuff in all flavours at this point. Lack of a grip on reality like a normal person is pretty much what ends up happening if you indoctrinate people with totalitarian values and do your best to suppress free thinking.
    And if it wasn't for the resulting tragic fair share of death and suffering, Not-Starcraft Korea would be a hillarious joke.
    Millions died in the fluff and it's not like YJ lost a quarter of their land or something.
    They got backstabbed while preoccupied otherwise.
    The media putting the deeds of an exemplary Psycho Crane (who probably thought he has been doing a splendid job, thanks to life long indoctrination to the cause, go State Empire!) in the spotlight, displaying him out of context and blowing the truly odd bits out of proportion is literally what I would expect the free press to do in that situation.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure comical Incompetence, One-sided or multiples is common IRL, however realism has to take a goddamn Hike for infinity’s narrative to work, quantronic resurrection is magic stuff, Combined Army is Alien Things with telepathic powers and stuff, This game also has alien werewolves and for some unrealistic reason military grade weaponry is not very advanced...

Uprising Fluff is bad, ok, I get it suddenly Yu Jing did something very evil.

That can be part of the fluff, since the sinopsis of this game is “Combined army appears when Humanity is too busy fighting undercover wars with each other on a daily basis, Can Humanity unify againsta common enemy or was the enemy of humans within the whole time” or some derivative of Alien Invention Sinopsis movies.

But, somehow no other faction is represented as particularly evil except in some cases, but Yu Jing get’s the worst rep out of the game...

Also totalitarian indoctrination is not just a Yu Jing Thing, last time I checked you couldn’t breathe in corregidor if you didn’t work, in Tunguska you can get Law-enforced abortion without any right to your baby, then you also get USARiadnan Fluff where TAK is shown as the Soviet Dictatorship (or lord of the flies) that it is in the planet.

Haqqislam also is reputed for smuggling weaponry (along with Nomads, Yu jing, Ariadna, NA2)
    And PanO are Catholical Fanatics from the middle ages in space (Jihad much??)

Then there’s O-12 which are the Biggest Legal Power in the Sphere harboring more effective power and influence than any of the nations because Aleph said “nah man they suck, i want an army”

#72 Anonymous, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2019
    Borlois and Space Ranger like this.
  13. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

I didn't want to start again with the Uprising stuff, sorry. The only thing I tried is defend the Kanren profile. It is nice and a it does a great job in the table.
    Ok, perhaps Counter Int. Is not the best rule to fit in ISS because it have a cheap order pool.
    One of the best ideas I have read is about the wild car Zhanying. That provides with good heavy weapons ,with a reasonable cost, to the CG core. But that mean the Crane will should go alone OR in a Haris.
    Pheasants still being quite expensive, there's only two good options: BSG and KHD.
    And the Baos. This guys need not only a new function, also a new profile which fit with it. Hunters or Bodyguards, the current profile don't fit in any, and it's very frustrating look at them in their box for years because they didn't fit in any army list.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The Pheasant sniper is pretty good. With MSV1 and Marksmanship LX he can be fantastic. He'd be fantastic if he was in a link that wasn't Bao or other Pheasants. But every time i take him i end up changing him out for Lunah. And a Dakini Sniper or HMG can have Marskman L2 put onto it.

15. Section9

Fix the zombies into G:Sync to the KSCD (or acting more like antipups) and Counter-Intelligence on the Kanren would probably work pretty well.

I can still see a use for a solo Bao, but yeah, running more than that is pretty pointless.

16. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

So, you want a core linked KSCD to move not only a 5 man link but 4 Kuang Shi as well? I'm down.

17. Section9

G:Sync models can't be in a link team.

Mahtamori likes this.
  18. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Would you take the smoke launcher off the profile and give it to another CG? Or just not have linkable smoke in ISS?

19. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I already paid good money for 8 Kuang Shi models and painted them up all nice and prrrruudy.

I still want to easily fit them into my ISS lists in N4. I dont see the need to change them tbh.

They are cheap orders that help with DZ board control. They dont really do that much else for me. I usually am spending my orders on units that are helping me win the mission.

The times I have spent orders on them they have been impotent at affecting much.

20. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

Stripping ISS of ks order factory would mean total overhul of its playstyle. I know that you can play LI with ISS but disgusting amount of orders and close range board control is an intergal part of sectorial identity. I'm not saying it would be bad or shouldn't happen. Only that it requiers a lot of thought to make it work. And after that change I fear that many of us can be more disappointed about the state of ISS than before the change.

Stuffist likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation