1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homebrew Rules WIP - NA2 Nigerian Armed Forces

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Del S, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Having been plotting something like this for a while, when I saw @laundreu's spiffy Federated States of America idea which is basically similar to what I was thinking but better, I decided to try finishing my idea up to be semi-presentable at least. And so here it is.

Google Docs link

Gonna call it a WIP because I think points may need some tweaking, plus maybe some fluff is off, but comments and criticism are welcome, if not outright requested :slightly_smiling_face:

Wizzy, laundreu, Xeurian and 3 others like this.
  2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Love a lot of your background, really nice. Not looked at the profiles in depth but the background is very thematic.

Del S likes this.
  3. laundreu

laundreu Member

I like the background as well, with Nigeria acting as an Earth-based peacekeeper - and how their biggest concern about the American peacekeeping job isn't the Americans, it's their 'advisors' starting a fight.

As for recommendations -

I would strongly suggest you cut most of the unique weapons, replacing with canonical ones - referencing a whole separate document of weapons is slow when playing a game, as I discovered. Keep a couple to show off Nigeria's unique tactical requirements. (My Federated States example would be the Tinilei Dangerous Game Rifle, which is practically a sawed-off Feuerbach, but it shows how the American territories outside of the 'civilized' zones is terribly dangerous.) I'd recommend keeping the HETP, with some polish - effectively it's a Light Grenade Launcher with a Direct Fire mode that's AP+DA, and has a free Chain Rifle. Basically an advanced, futuristic M79 with beehive rounds and a HEAT shell.

For organizational purposes, I found that listing units by Classification works well. It puts the bread-and-butter units right up front, showing what your list's foundation will be.

You might want to give the Elephant Hunters CH:Mimetism as well as CH: Limited Camo, giving them some defensive boost without being able to go back into marker-state.

The HI with mechanized deployment and Fireteam:Core are scary as shit; they may well need a 0.5 SWC surcharge for the ability to plant an effectively BS16 HRL or HMG in the midfield. A possible option would be a limited number of profiles with mechanized deployment, which cannot Fireteam - look at the Order Sergeants for an example of that sort of thing.

The Nigerian SBS might be a good place for a few of the 'dick move' sort of items Infinity carries - Jammers, for example - as well as offensive hackers.

I wouldn't recommend granting Fireteam:Enomotarchos to anyone - that's basically unique to ALEPH's Homeric cosplayers.

Also, you need some Characters.

I recommend a hacker, maybe a Nomad immigrant who's come back to the old country, going by the nom de guerre 'Yarima'. The quantronic underworld of Africa can live in fear of this Nigerian 'Prince'. (badum-tish)

Del S likes this.
  4. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Thanks for your comments, good recommendations.

What I'll try do is add a summary of unit profiles and new weapons at the end, a quick reference, to maybe counter the profiles layout/weapons problems. Maybe the AM rifle could be bumped down to 'highly portable autocannon' or a multi sniper.

I've adjusted SWC on the mechanised and will either try reducing the mech deployment to a Haris or no FT at all as you suggested. I'll probably give the Gbetos mimetism, and maybe a couple toys to the SBS.

I used enomotarchos as it's closest to a modern fireteam, the idea was a WO could form extra teams, but maybe that shouldn't be there or be a special character WO with the option. Maybe that character could be a non-soja, a marine or something.

A true hacker would be a good character, I'll try use that. A third character would probably be enough to finish off, so I'm thinking:
    -Yarima
    -Special WO, possibly a Marine?
    -Famous Gbeto or JETS trooper

5. laundreu

laundreu Member

I have noticed a lack of CC facepunching units, which is becoming more and more unusual. While you might want to look into adding a warband unit of some kind, another character idea (which would allow for a Fireteam:Enomotarchos) would be a Steel Phalanx character on loan - Memnon, a skilled archer, who might be able to make a fireteam with Sojas.

6. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Could work. I'd tried to make their weakness CC but having at least one CC capable unit can't hurt.

7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Nice to see someone putting a lot of effort in background (and not only creating busted profiles) :)

Nice job!

Del S likes this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Elephant Hunters with ML....

xD

Del S and Mahtamori like this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

South Africa calls their tanks Elephants (well, Oliphants because Afrikaans). You do need a missile launcher to deal with those!

eciu, Xeurian and Del S like this.
  10. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Unit fluff has the first Gbetos actually killing Olifant IIs (IE a second design called Olifant, not the Mk2 upgrades currently used) and variants to justify the nickname a little more, used mainly as a reserve/mothball fleet tank in 2090, assuming South Africa introduces a replacement for current tanks sometime in the next decade or two. I figured a sixty-fifty year old tank isn't a huge stretch given the current actual Olifant Mk2s are still basically upgraded Centurion tanks dating back to the end of WW2 as a design... plus, TAGs start popping up around then on the timeline IIRC.

Some changes to the rules BTW:
    -Dropped the Antimateriel Rifle and Para LMG for Multi Sniper and Red Fury, some points adjusted
    -Made the Mechanized Divisions unable to Core and Mech Deploy (can Duo though) and only a few profiles have Mech Deploy.
    -WO Enomotarchos dropped
    -Added characters, Yarima, Memnon, and Akuda Okafor, a hacker, recreation, and Gbeto Warrant Officer respectively

#10 Del S, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation