1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compass transportation

Discussion in 'Rules' started by konuhageruke, Nov 18, 2019.

1. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Since in my other thread this subject is ignored, I would like to separate it and give it a new.
    Compass transportation gives:
    During a round’s Team Building, you can ban a character from your opponent’s Initial Alignment after choosing the Starting Player.

How do you use this in non league games, where there is no such thing as "Initial Alignment"?

2. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

In casual games it is always up to you.

We have two setups so far for casual games:
    - We bring eight characters to the match and play with Zlavin so the Compass sponsor could be used.
    - We tell the other player a team setup for the match if we want to try out a new combination so such sponsors or similar mods don't make any sense.

3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

You can ban a character.

The opponent has 30 options, you get to say "you can't use..." to one of them.

That's how it functions.

HarlequinOfDeath likes this.
  4. konuhageruke

Warcor

I don't think those answers realy connect to my question. Initial alignment in league is cery strict group od Characters. In further games on league, od you expand your group banking one from INITIAL ALIGNMENT makes sense as they are described.
    In regular tournament there is no such dwscription. What is initial alignment im those cases?

5. AdmiralJCJF

Their initial alignment in a tournament is always going to be a selection of 8 Aristos, that's how the tournament rules work.

Except in the case of the Shona Carano Mod, but that's pretty clearly incompatible with any kind of ban mechanism (because you only have a team of 4, no more).

6. konuhageruke

Warcor

where is it said that initial alignment equals starting lineup?

7. AdmiralJCJF

What else do you think it means?

8. konuhageruke

Warcor

When I see one name and then I see another name for me it is not obviously the same thing.
    @AdmiralJCJF this is what I think those names mean:
    Starting Lineup is group of characters chosen before the event to pick from, and form a team.
    Initial allignement is 4 specific characters from Green, Orange, Blue or Red group, that you use as Starting lineup until you expand your rooster in League.

I can find only 2 sugestions, not clear statements, that they are used interchangeable:
    "TOURNAMENT CONTROL SHEET
    At the start of the event, each player receives a Tournament Control Sheet. Players must write down their name, Corvus PIN, Sponsor or Nation, and the Initial Alignment on their sheets"
    "MOD PETISO ... The Initial Alignment consists of eight Characters."

Anybody who writes the rules for AGL, @-V- , please keep the language straight. Use one name to describe one thing, and other to use different thing. If you use 2 names for Starting lineups, then it gets confusing.

9. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

It's a translation issue. Just switch "Initial Alignment" for "Starting Lineup". Nor all the rules are written by the same person neither they are translated by the same person.

Thanks for noticing, We'll try to get them fixed as soon as Defiance gives us the time.

:wink:

10. konuhageruke

Warcor

Thank you @-V- this solves things out!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation