1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Yeah, you might be right. Still, even if the Defiance profiles are completely different, I'd say it is a somewhat wasted opportunity, because there is at least a somewhat symbiotic relationship between Defiance and Infinity.

Doesn't make Defiance worse though.

2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

I just put down my Core + Outcast order with my retailer. :D Yey me!! Upgradeable too, if I win the lottery or something. :D

3. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Just because it hasn’t been written on here yet:

According to the update text, Hankwood belongs to the White Star Company. I think this means we can expect the White Company to show up somewhere on the Infinity release shedule of the coming years.

Brother Smoke, AdmiralJCJF and Usashi like this.
  4. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

the important thing here is the arrival of 2 new Merc Companies. Revenant and White Company. I remember reading the name John Hawkwood in my N2 book. (And a ilustration of him, with male Avicena)

melkiach, ZlaKhon and Oyentido like this.
  5. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

I'd temper your expectations somewhat since there are alternative possibilities. After Operation: Coldfront, I was hoping for an NA2 Varangian Guard mixing Aleph and Ariadna. Instead we got the Varangian Guard as a 0-12 unit. Just because something gets a single model released doesn't mean it is going to add to the already long list of NA2 armies.

Even if it did happen, I would expect a NA2 Revenant company before WC because there are going to be multiple profiles that fit in with that by the end of this Kickstarter. At the moment, all we have for the White Company is Hawkwood.

6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

That we know of. Other characters could be part, or the Revenant could end up as part.

7. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

I can imagine Hawkwood make an aggressive takeover and include the Revenant members in the White Company.

#947 TenNoBushi, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

They might reveal a VS mode in the next couple of days, seems like they're drip feeding the info about the expansion. I hope so.

The more I look at Defiance the more I think it'll be fairly easy to create our own VS mode if there's no official one.

9. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

A VS mode is in the works according to some posts from CB and what Carlos said on the OnTableTop videos but it will probably end up being a separate release to Defiance as allot more work is required to transition enough Infinity profiles and mechanics to the Aristeia/Defiance system.

You could do something with the existing enemy cards from Defiance but AFIK none of them have any points values for balancing a force and everything is still working of the hex movement system which could make generalised play a bit difficult.

10. IcariumVNam

IcariumVNam Well-Known Member

Kind of my point. The Board game company offered minis as stretch goals and the mini company is offering board game items and paid add ons as stretch goals.

As with the post above I'm almost at the point of dropping this as the base game of 12 missions doesn't seem good value unless you buy everything else. Forget the models as supposedly this was a new way to play Infinity. Considering this is up against Gloomhaven, and Kingdom Death for game time with friends a 12 mission campaign isn't going to last long. I can buy the Shas stuff separately as it's released at this rate. The complete lack of any expansion to the core game content beyond paying an extra $70 in the campaign is very frustrating.

Pakulkan, Benkei, Belgrim and 2 others like this.
  11. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Well, since I backed Etherfields and Tainted grail, extra minis were in minority...what was in abundance was gameplay material, hundreds of cards and story pages for example. Though for example Lords of Hellas and Nemesis were more focused on minis than other two, there was a lot of gameplay material also involved, despite extra plastic.

Have a look at too many bones. It's not cheap, kinda overproduced in some areas, but it's really a great co-op game. Every person so far I introduced game so far(introduced it to 3 different groups) loved it! I was not sure about backing it during last KS, but I am very much glad I did...now gotta invest in more expansions :D

Well, point of base pledge is to make everything else way better value and to fish for platinum pledge backers. Can't catch 'KS whales' with a small bait :D

Belgrim likes this.
  12. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I am Platinum Pledged and solely in it for the miniatures. I might give the game a try, but I'll probably sell it along with all the duplicates.

Vanderbane likes this.
  13. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Quick idea : one of the last strech goal was to add the mini from wildfire to the enemies.

We still have a lot of blanck in the enemy chart, so why not add the mini from each 2 player box (icestorm, red veil, coldfront) in the ennemies ? It would make a good bridge between infinity and defiance while filling 4 blanck spots for each faction (except NA2/Tohaa)

archangeleong likes this.
  14. Wizardlizard

Wizardlizard Well-Known Member

Yeah let's be honest a lot of the money being spent is mini only motivated. Without a doubt there are some hedgers out there getting 2 or 3 because it's a 1 time only way to get this and they can eBay for some cash. Hope they don't get burned.
    The simple fact is this is far more miniature releases than they almost have in a year and I do not have faith that core infinity is getting much if anything between now and n4.
    Some will play the game for awhile but defiance because there will be no way to grow the community will become a space hulk...great way to get cheaper minis and maybe every once in awhile you'll break it out

15. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

That's basically why I pledged, too. On one hand I get most of what I need to complete the armies from Wildfire to play in regular Infinity. But there is also a bunch of my friends who would never play full blown Infinity, but are avid board gamers.

16. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Not me. I want the board game with miniatures. And I hope for a VS version of this game. Not a replacement but an alternative to classical infinity.

Hecaton likes this.
  17. Machival

Machival Well-Known Member

So Infinity: Code One?

18. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Presumably not, since Code One has already been identified as Operation: Weather System rules, essentially.

19. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Could be actually ! Cde one won't be that be it could serve the same purpose to be a more casual yet tactical infinity experience.

20. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Join us for #InfinityDefiance Mission 1: Extraction tonight!

http://twitch.tv/knlghth00d

8:30pm New Zealand Time
    8:30am European Central Time
    7:30am Greenwich Mean Time
    2:30am Eastern Standard Time
    12:30am Mountain Standard Time
    11:30pm Pacific Standard Time (12/11, time zones are weird)

Dragonstriker and Teleute like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation