1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saladin in O-12

Discussion in 'O-12' started by Brother Smoke, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

So as per the latest defiance video, Saladin will be in O-12 (WOOHOO!!)

So far, I have only ever used him in vanilla Haqq (of course) along with a holo hafza, a fiday and Al-Djabel and it is ridiculously effective.

Does he have a place in our lists? the strategos order we can already get from Alpha, and I don't see as much use for the holding two guys back part, but I might be wrong (I hope I'm wrong)

Kathy Cho might be a CoC holo as per the rumors, which definitely help hide him at least

Thoughts?

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

If Saladin makes his way into vanilla O-12 as an Lt. in is current incarnation, meaning no new profile, I can't see myself picking him over the Alpha.

Don't get me wrong, he's good, but as far as super obvious LTs go, I prefer the Alpha. ~ a regular order cheaper and a much greater chance against impersonators

3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

On the other hand, I'd be weeping bloody tears if he gets a new (better) profile for O12 while remaining the same in Haqqislam.

So the obvious conclusion would be to give him an update for both factions ...

4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Saladin is pretty awesome, but he needs to be protected.

On the other hand, he is pretty awesome. Saladin v2 would be cool though, Haqq don't have an alt-option for him, and if they got one which O-12 could also use, that'd be p sweet.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I agree he's not super-useful on his own, but... should O-12 also get a profile with Holo1 or Holo2...

I just hope that Cho has a profile with Holo1+ and without CoC, because I don't want my decoy Saladin to be a priority target due to being guaranteed to have CoC. If all her profiles have CoC then I think Alpha is better and then disguise her as something with a bit lower priority.

Brother Smoke likes this.
  6. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

A saladin with Holo2 would be insanely good!

Just 3 innocent kappas hanging out in the backline

7. Goorie

Goorie Well-Known Member

Running Kappas instead of Varangians is very suspicious!

Abydog and Hecaton like this.
  8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Saladin's dossier in the video has a Spitfire, combi and a shotgun

Lordy lord I would like a Spitfire Saladin, that'd be sweet.

Mahtamori likes this.
  9. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I‘ve seen Saladin used in vanilla Haqq without any holo protection (pun intended) by someone winning a large tournament. So I‘m pretty confident that even without Cho, Saladin would definitely make my O-12 lists a lot of the time. The price increase over the alpha is definitely worth going to Strategos 3 and having a much smaller base to hide in buildings.

Commoner1 likes this.
  10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Having big K Chizzle around as one of the, if not the, best chain of command options in the game will make taking Saladin well worth it. Especially if he gets a new profile with a superior gat

Brother Smoke likes this.
  11. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Or dealing with the fact that Haqqislam doesn't get everything?

Bad enough that for years you lot have been able to get Corregidor's toys.

12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

...I mean they get Alguaciles, a Mobile Brigada and the Iguana. Not exactly lighting the world on fire as options are they, in a Sectoral with Ghulams, Janissaries and Scarface. I play Corregidor and I don't really play it to take AVA 1 Mobile Brigadas that can't link. Intruders, Jaguars, Tsyklons in Alguacile teams, Bandits, Tomcats... none of which QK can take.

I wouldn't overly mind O-12 getting a profile that Haqq didn't but I also think it makes sense that Haqq gets both because V2 recreations are a thing, and also tbh it makes sense to me that the recreations can be taken in O-12 as well. Saladin is an "O-12 Liaison Officer" after all.

Ariwch likes this.
  13. kanluwen

Most of the stuff you mentioned(Tsyklons in Alguacile Teams, Bandits, Jaguars) is still fairly new to the game.

It doesn't change my argument though. Haqqislam had it fairly good with accessing other factions' stuff. If, say, it were PanO getting a new Saladin profile? I could get behind the argument. But given that QK exists, I think building a bridge and getting over it is the best solution here.

At least that's what I was always told whenever I complained about it.

14. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

The tribalism is strong in this one.

Ariwch and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. kanluwen

Sure...has nothing to do with disliking lackluster(because apparently I can't call it "lazy" or people get sUpEr oFfEnDeD) design choices.;)

They could have just left those 3 units out(same goes with the Merovingian AVA1 Alguacile nonsense) and I can basically guarantee you that nobody would have been the wiser. They could have taken the design steps that led us to the Wardriver earlier(I've always wondered what made them decide "We need a Mercenary Hacker option just for Ariadna!) and put them in for Ariadna and QK(yes--I do think they should also be available there. Why a bunch of mercenaries don't have access to a mercenary hacker option, I'll never understand). They could have expanded Haqqislam by designing a unit that filled a similar role to the MB and Alguaciles.
    They never needed the Iguana, frankly.

But now, they won't even remove those options from the army lists because of some ridiculous reasoning but they'll ditch whole Sectorials from production.

#15 kanluwen, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  16. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

More because of the tone that I've read from you over the years. They tried something, thematic even, and it didn't work out for the forum. I appreciate the effort even if it leads to sub-optimal results on the table. But I don't play this game to deconstruct everything.

Aside from the hue and cry from players from taking toys away? :D

I think there is a noted difference of removing something from production but leaving it valid for play, and removing parts from an existing structure. I point out the Yu Jing/JSA business and the Caskuda et al. Then they'd have to hope that the replacement(s) were accepted any better than what was removed. Given the typical resounding "Meh" on this forum towards most releases...

Mahtamori and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  17. kanluwen

For me, I got into the game because of the background...and then it kinda just kept getting sillier for me. I'm too invested into the game to just dump it all and be done and I think I keep deluding myself that "Next time, they'll get it right!".

Which is amusing, because a lot of those likely are the same people who kept telling me to "JUST START A QK ARMY TOO!".

The YJ/JSA hooplah had more, IMO, to do with the way it was handled than the actual handling. People kept insisting that it was detrimental to all of YJ(implying ISS too) but the split was done fairly well, with the one unit that everyone kept freaking out about(Ninjas) retained.

18. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Weeping bloody tears would be my way of "dealing with the fact", I suppose.

Saladin isn't a toy form another faction, either. Yes, hes is a recreation and now possibly being updated for O12, but he's been very much tailored for use within Haqqislam. If Defiance doesn't change his fluff to a significant degree, I'd see no point in him not being available for both factions.

19. kanluwen

Alternatively, you could remember that Posthumans and different 'bodies' exist.

20. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Wouldn't change a thing, really.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation