1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Flying Daoying

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Don't play with my feelings, good sir. My heart's not ready (?)

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Seems quite good

3. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

[​IMG]

Tongfa likes this.
  4. Death

Death Well-Known Member

*looks at Lei Gong
    *looks back at Uma

Yu Jing gets a super optimized Character, Pano gets a bloated overcost Character.

Well I guess its back to "Pano cannot have nice things". Sigh

5. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

"Looks at the 54 profiles that belong to PanO roster in the Army at current."
    "Looks back at YuJing's currently featured 42 units"

Don't you think it's more likely "PanO has too many things (like all the main factions) and YuJing needs to catch up with the rest of the factions"?

Besides Uma should be matched with Qiang. And let's not forget PanO is getting another Dire Foes in January for I don't know what reason. Sigh

Dragonstriker likes this.
  6. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Yeah, Yu Jing's been playing catchup for two years now. For every other major faction, these are all just nice little extras. For Yu Jing, these are actually important units that fill in gaps that we lost.

No one else really has any right to justifiably complain about Yu Jing getting nice things unless they're willing to lose their most popular sectorial. We're still the smallest major faction, tied for the lowest amount of sectorials. Give us White Banner or the YJ Navy, and maybe we can talk on even ground.

I can accept the uprising, and for all its flaws, I can accept what we've begun to receive as replacement. But let's not pretend that there's not more work that needs to be done.

#86 Weathercock, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  7. archon

archon Well-Known Member

The profile is good. No question here. A good MSV or camo hunter, fast, good range, durable. But it will be hard to fit him into the list in IA. That he is not hackable makes him - without the AD - a little bit, what the Liu could have been.

But ... an IA Character is a MI? A very fast Yadu-like MI, a fake HI in the good way, but still a MI in a HI Char in a HI sectorial. And I wish it was a she ;-)

From the mini - I am not hyped. A male Daoying with strange wings that has no reason in Infinity with a beak-helmet. Okay.

I think normaly it is more the otherway around ... or just look at Krit and feel good about Pan O again ;-)

8. Weathercock

I'd argue that the studio paint scheme does it no favours. I've come to like it more as I look at it, although as I've previously noted, I'd still greatly appreciate a touch of extra bulk on the frame. Still, a more reserved paint scheme could make him look really good. Especially if the visor was more visor, less beak.

Bluefox likes this.
  9. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

The Daoying armor lends itself a very feminine shape with the exaggerated hips on top of his runner's lean frame. His build makes sense for what he is. The wings are a strange design choice, the similarity to Garudas throws me off a bit, and I might kitbash something a little more unique looking, but it doesn't detract from his design at all.

From reading his Kickstarter background, looks like he's head of a unit of troops a lot like him?

If IA gets a link of 6-4 bioimmune thunder gods I would flip out. He alone excites me enough to play YJ, getting a Haris, or god forbid a Core of these guys would lock me into YJ until N4

10. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Why isn't this a heavy infantry? What about it really screams "medium"? To make an elite unit for the elite heavy infantry faction more elite and less heavy infantry than the rest of the faction seems to make the distinction extremely fuckin arbitrary.

I dunno. Profile is strong. Too strong? The lack of a real SWC weapon keeps it in check imo. But maybe I just feel the game is better when it has themes and sticks to them. I'm also in favour of fast *or* powerful, instead of the trend of adding optimized "fast, powerful and bloatless" premier attack pieces to the game. Too many Rui Shi and Tariks in the game as it is.

For me if it was hackable I'd be glad it exists. It existing and not being hackable isn't the end of the world. Also the name is totally sweet.

/obligatory negative post about anything new for the game/

11. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I think him being linkable will be a nice touch and give us options. Keep in mind that 6 - 4 is not going to be as useful in a link running around at 4-4.

12. Weathercock

I doubt we'll get any faceless versions of this guy.

As far as link options go, while his movement might not gel with any of the not-bot options, I wouldn't view a fireteam for this guy as a permanent thing anyway. You put him in the team to squeeze out some extra order efficiency in positioning your other dudes and giving him some bonuses as he pushes up field, and once the path is cleared he breaks off to do whatever murdering needs doing and you reform the fireteam with another trooper.

13. Reservup

Reservup Active Member

I'm excited for this guy.

I dig the model and I like the profile. I've been playing TAK a lot and the shock marksman rifle is a brutally effective weapon.

He is also a perfect first turn answer to the Kamau or other annoying MSV 2 overwatch pieces, as well as being just a hardy and disposable alpha striker for mopping up order mooks.

His speed makes him a more reliable option than a Liu Xing (in my opinion anyways) as I prefer the consistency of high movement over AD.

You could go hard with this guy first turn and still have an entire Zuyong link with access to 12+ orders left in reserve.

This guy rocks my socks in a way that Krit and Gao failed to do.

14. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Rollerblades?

Really?!?

6-4 actually makes sense for once!

Interesting. I may actually have to get the A! mini if the 'wings' are going to be in cannon mode.

15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Rollerblades in A! only. The battlefield version has grip-boots like Zhencha

16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I tried Leigong and Giang last night.

I liked LG a lot. I unfortunately have bad luck. He was perfect for going after an I discovered him no problem and then shot him. and would have had three hits but he crit dodged and moved out of LoS :( I like his being able to move fast and has great range with the SMR.

Qiang on the other hand died like a normal Zuyong to a crit hit with a panzerfaust from Lupe. (He got I think 5 crits in the game)

I really wish they would give Haidao a doctor option. It really sucks only having 1 and really squishy at that.

17. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

gib IA a Recreation Akbar Doctor Norman Bethune nao

I really like Lei Gong, if nothing else because he represents a really unique new tool added to the Yu Jing toolbox... not a better or worse variation on something we've got, but something that gives different options.

Even if you never take him, his existence means opponents considering the easiest counter to MSV2+Smoke, taking an MSV2 ARO piece, now need to account for the possibility Yu Jing could bring an Albedo marksman rifle. Its not 'will they bring an Oniwaban' level, but its something.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

So.... when can we expect Lei Gong and Cho in Army?

19. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

Also not sold on the model.

Nothing stopping people from just using the female MSR Daoying in the starter, shortening the barrel to make it a marksman rifle and saying that this is one of the other 'Thunder Warriors'. Lord knows people aren't using that MSR Daoying as a MSR Daoying.

20. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

I AM SPEED

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation