1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna Buy It?

Discussion in 'General' started by gregmurdock, Mar 30, 2019.

?

How much are you willing to pay to ks Defiance?

1. Not ksing Defiance.

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. €0~50

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. €51~75

19 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. €76~100

41 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. €101~125

25 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. €126~150

27 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. €151~200

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  8. No price is too high.

35 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Snare

Snare Active Member

You're not helping to unlock anything. CB have the entire product ready for release whether they make 200k or 2 mill. They will pace their advertisements (read stretch goals) at set intervals to match the pace of the amount of money rolling in.

2. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

I don't think rhey'll release expansion nr.2 without sufficient increase in funding

3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I think they will show it as a coming goal exactly to encourage more funding.

yojamesbo and Snare like this.
  4. Snare

Snare Active Member

Why wouldn't they release it, if they've already had the minis/art done and pre prepared their advertising? Carlos isn't waiting at the beasts of war studios to record a video when a target is met.

5. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

the minis can be released later as infinity product. Nothing of outcast is already cast and painted. Its the way Kickstarter goes. Only go big if you fund big. I'm sure we'll reach another expansion. And I think cb is acting right here and doing careful steps. looking forward to it!

Dragonstriker and LankyOgreBP like this.
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

At this point I hope there won't be another exclusive expansion, I'd have to miss out on that most likely :(

Belgrim likes this.
  7. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Just like Outcast wouldn't have been released if the stretch goal had not been met

8. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Outcast contained 3 factions

We still have 3 factions missing.

So I think the 1 or 2 next SG revealed will be a big hint regarding the addition (or not) of a new expansion). If they release Ariadna or Haqqislam or Tohaa enemy cards, I don't think a new expansion will be likely.

9. Snare

Snare Active Member

The outcast box was
    I think you're missing the point, the stretch goal would have always been met. The company adjusts them according to the demand. If this KS was twice as successful do you think they would have announced the expansion in half the time? They would just adjust the intervals of each goal. It happens in every big KS.

10. Snare

Snare Active Member

I also dont think another expansion is coming.
    I do however expect a hero pack add-on- just cards to use selected infinity characters in a defiance campaign like Mushashi and Tarik

11. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

12. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

The only minis for Outcast which we have not seen painted versions of are Shinobu, and Uxia.

Melchior likes this.
  13. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

They've been deliberately vague about expansions. Official statements by Carlos and in the KS comments have always been worded along the lines of "if the project does well, then there will be expansions."

So who knows.

For my part, while I'm happy with this KS, I still think there's a lot of ground they could have covered but didn't--so I'm hopeful that they give us one more big box expansion before it's all over.

14. Snare

Snare Active Member

If they did one I'd like it to be Tohaa. They could make it a big talking point - kill off the main faction ready for n4 and create a new merc sectorial.

15. Tony2805

Tony2805 Well-Known Member

A Tiles and Missions only Expansion would be good at a cheaper level. No Minis, only Cards and Tokens for existing Characters or maybe for the SpecOps which are customizable in skills and equipment. Especially for selfbrewed SpecOps would be really nice cause it adds some RPG flavor.

Smiler and yojamesbo like this.
  16. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

This is the first Kickstarter I’ve ever backed and I’ve been extremely excited the entire time. I feel like CB has done a stellar job. I always want MOAR STUFFS, so you know. I’d be happy with more. But I’m happy with what I’m backing.

I do find it amusing how much some people assume the absolute worst from CB and like it’s some evil cabal out to get us.

17. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

No one's said they're evil though. Like, I think some of the complaining has been a bit overboard (when is it not? Us geeks can be passionate people), but I don't think the complaints themselves were without merit. Things could have been done better, communication could have been better (particularly at the start).

I'm glad you're excited though. I was the same with my first Kickstarter (Kingdom Death, the more recent one).

18. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Well, since they have repeatedly said, they are miniatures company first, why would they give you expansion without miniatures?!

19. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

There is no FLGS or distributor margins in the price, so it all depends if the KS price is below wholesale (less profit), equal (same profit as ever) or above (more profit). Someone did the maths and the KS price is 45-50% discount over MSRP.

20. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

Actually now that there are 2 exclusive expansions I'm kind of bummed out.
    I had money for the core pledge.
    I clenched my teeth and pledged for the collector at 160% of the money i had initially saved to spend.

Now even if i buy the core set i will be getting a game that has exclusive expansions that i will never be able to buy again.
    This has made me think to actually cancel my pledge altogether.
    I don't have the money right now...

What are your thoughts on this?

Στάλθηκε από το Mi A2 Lite μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation