1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Lt. Lvl 2 on the way!

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Azuset, Oct 29, 2019.

1. epsilon

epsilon Member

Well, he's not totally bad.
    But imho lt profile is useless.
    Since we cannot use lt orders while being linked, there's no reason to put him into it and making lt. Taking both him and tai sheng is too expensive. So no link composition like: Quan + tai + 3 other buddies. And tai sheng is still better him in almost every way.
    But, if somehow he gets a wildcard, thrn he'll be a very good option for zanshi link on a par with Haidao msv2.
    In vanilla, well, i still think that movang is out best solo hi hitter. Mainly cod if you take Quan lt2, then you need a coc, haidao costs 26,when daiyong hacker 29 and and stil its a hacker which can accomplish more missions and buff rems or his

2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Keep in mind, in perilous situations for links (caught up onto enemy boarding shotgun range, or a rocketman calculating angle to blast your team, etc.), using a Lt order to eject without spending tokens/letting your opponent blow up the entire team is golden.

It would compromise his presence, sure, but enemy must make him dead to make a LoL to Qiang's men since his immune to isolation.

Thats quite good for me.

3. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

In the Interview, Bostria mentioned FullAuto L1 and not Fatality L1, which would make much more sense because of the beltfeeder...
    Something they changed last minute or a honest mistake? Would FullAuto 1 make him better?

4. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Well, you can, but then you're essentially making a yu-jing crusade fireteam who trades the superior statline of knights for a metric ton of gear. I don't think it's the good way to go for Invincible though.

5. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

You'd be hard pressed to find something that doesn't get better with Full Auto L1.
    Fatality L1 is fairly negligible in comparison.

6. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Yes. Because even if Dam 16 is harder to save, FA1 gives you one dice more to hit.

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Full-Auto L1 is incompatible with Fireteam bonus, so it'd be worse in IA.

8. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I'd honestly take his Lt. profile in Vanilla, if he had FA1.

9. marshal_maccabeus

marshal_maccabeus New Member

I really want a reason to take him as LT in IA over the Daoying. A characterful drive towards his leadership capabilities (Colonel busted down to Captain for refusing to sacrifice his troops) would be ideal and would fit with the way IA seems to be headed. I'd love to see something like Advanced Command, Strategos L1 or Strategic Deployment.

10. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Strategos L1 doesn't really offer as much for IA, what with all the great NCO options that IA has to offer. Doubly so when you consider that you'll probably want Tai Sheng's CoC for insurance with Gao.

11. marshal_maccabeus

marshal_maccabeus New Member

True, but it would allow for some flexibility - Tai or the Mowang are pretty much default for every L2 IA list. Strategos L1 would allow other profiles to have a similar impact - Hac Tao/Hulang/Guijia/Yan Hao are all profiles I want to try but can never justify including.

12. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Well, at least he's less of a non-event than the Haqq or Aleph Defiance characters.

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Would be nice. Doesn't he start out with HSG in Defiance, and then level up to the HMG?

No bet.

I very much agree with this.

I do NOT like how Infinity now seems to be getting army tiers, instead of how you could swap army lists with your opponent and still probably have the same game outcome (ie, the better player wins).

I dunno, he still seems a bit expensive.

XO has been rendered useless as a skill with the FAQ.

?

The Zuyong HMG is within normal human variation, about half a head shorter than the Multirifle. For that matter, he's like the difference between me and a friend in the Army. We are both right about 6' tall, but my friend only wears a size 42 suitcoat while I wear a 48 or 50. Graham looks like he's half my size.

I dunno, I don't bother taking CoC with a Daoying.

SpectralOwl, Shiwen and the huanglong like this.
  14. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Gao's toolkit is set to be much more aggressive than a Daoying, and he has no camo state to hide under. I think he's a lot more vulnerable and obvious as a Lt than a Daoying.

15. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Interesting. the Haqq dude in our local group described the Haqq doctor as the most broken auto include that was added to the faction lately.
    You're right with the Aleph guy though.

16. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Sure, I'm only 5.4 foot tall, so I know it makes sense technically. That doesn't mean I can't have an unreasonable obsession with uniformity among my tin soldiers :P

#96 Knauf, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Space Ranger likes this.
  17. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Is he "broken"? I mean, yeah, he's much better than a regular Ghulam Doc for a mere 2pts more. Is he exciting or unique? Hell no. Yet another common for Haqqislam Doc+ that slightly overshadows other choices. Not even a second Akbar (though he's called Akbar Doctor in Defiance)

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'd say the only thing making him unique is that he doesn't seem to be paying much/anything extra for high stats (going from WIP 13 to WIP 14 tends to cost 2 points while going from 12 to 13 or 11 to 12 costs 1).
    That and a rather obscene PH...

19. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

The HMG Zuyong still present better along his brothers in arms than the females, I'm assuming they're anorexic under the armor given their waist size :T
    I truely miss the Breaker pistols on this one however.

Yeah, the dude is stronger that most of our guys in servo-boosted armor, he could even do some arm wrestling with a Yan Huo lol. He must have drink the same juice that has made Tarik what he is now.

20. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I'm assuming he's going to be linkable, which means linkable medjector, that's new.

Also we should definitely keep in mind the viability for any of the releases including Gao is also largely dependant on link options. We don't have the full link options for all the dudes yet.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation