1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

If people insist on comparing it to "crapton plastic" KS like zombicide, I think the turret and corpse qualify as much as miniature as the 50+ look alike zombi

2. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Yes, just like EBay is not about bidding anymore. Most of it is "Buy it now" and they compete with Amazon.
    Things are changing, that's life.

3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I've seen their PVC quality in Aristeia, it's shit.

FTFY there.

4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I honestly dunno what Zombicides you got, but mine is great quality and much much better than Aristeia sculpts, for example.

And if you qualify corpses and turrets as miniatures it shows you are really grasping at straws

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

If only that 50 look alike zombie came with like 150 different hero sculpts or something... Oh... Wait...

And by the way, nobody is asking for a hundred extra minis, but having the first miniature stretch goal at 4x funding amount and then reading "this KS is all about the miniatures" sounds like they enjoy trolling their customers.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

Carlos Bostria: "Yes, and there are MANY more miniatures in the stretch goals!". FFS...

7. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I think if we were to compare a high quality metal miniatures with some other tabletop game with high quality plastic miniatures, that should be with monster, and IMHO defiance don't get to that number or quality of miniatures. But also, they don't spect to have a 4-year delay

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. Spitfire_TheCat

I don't understand that. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    If you need more miniatures in the Stretch Goals to justify a Pledge, that's okay for me, you will have to wait and see if and how many additional miniatures they add.
    If you look at the offer and say "Well, a Coop Game I'd like to play, 35 Miniatures for Infinity for 160 bucks, sounds great." then you make a pledge. If not, then not.

Sometimes life is easy.

But on the other hand then there would be nothing to complain about, eh?

BLOODGOD, Melchior, Fathoym and 4 others like this.
  9. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

Read the background of Aleph character. OMON sectorial when?

AdmiralJCJF and yojamesbo like this.
  10. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Yea, as I feared, this is not for boardgames crowd, it's simply pre order for sashvati for infinity players...

Lets look at base pledge,100€ for 12 minis, LOL...great quality of minis, I give em that, but 100€ on KS these days gets you quality plastic minis(CMON for example), and plastic has gone very up in quality, compared to CB quality which is average at best. And even though they are plastic, you get way way way more than 12 minis in 100€ box.
    So 100€ pledge basically just serves for you to take 160/180€ pledge, nothing more, it's actually atrociously bad value for KS boardgame.

CMON HATE plastic minis[​IMG]
    CB Aristeia minis:[​IMG]

I am actually very interested how many of backers are actual boardgamers with no ties to inifity. Looking at BGG entry of Defiance:
    https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/285853/infinity-defiance/forums/0 , it's very quiet, CB basically did no marketing to boardgames crowd, and few comments on bgg are far from excited about the game. Once again, missed the mark with BG crowd.

Next let look at gameplay from board gamer perspective. I am glad that I saw Ash gameplay video because half way up video I was bored with gameplay, and don't have any need to back this up for actual gameplay. Reminds me of those GW 30k boxes that came with a 'boardgame', but probably 99% of people just bought them for cheap 30k minis, and just threw any 'boardgame' related stuff to bin, because who cares for that, it's just bad.

I do find Aristeia fun sports game, even though it can be very frustrating with almost no mechanics that can affect dice rolls, so there is still quite a bit of luck involved with it when playing it, and despite your best efforts, bad dice rolls can lose you the game.
    But this, it just looks, eh, uninspiring gameplay wise...half the game was, I shoot enemy, do nothing(I get hits, he gets shields...), he shoots me, does nothing repeat...hope someone rolls some blanks...

So my KS money this month is on Oathsworn. Price wise, it's the same, but actually gameplay looks way more fun and thinky than ''roll dice and hope you don't get blanks and enemy gets em''. I won't even mention story, since Defiance probably does not have even 1% story compared to it. Oh yea, they actually have Armory expansion so you can you know, put every possible combination of weapon you equip on your character, you don't need to like buy whole new model just for another weapon option or proxy...you don't get metal minis, and they ain't as detailed as Defiance minis, but it's not really that important from boardgame perspective.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shadowborne-games/oathsworn-into-the-deepwood

Another way more interesting co op game that was on KS for boardgamers was Aeon Trespass: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1492106834/aeon-trespass-odyssey/description

I wish CB good luck, but as a boardgamer primary, and occasionally infinity player, I don't see nothing with Defiance that peaks my interest to spend money on it. I am looking more than 'nice minis' when I back my board games on KS.

11. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

So not buying it prevent me from voicing my opinion? Love that argument

By the way, this is 160 + shipping (so 170-180) euro for 34 minis + stuff; the incoming expensive as hell Sororitas box is 210 euros (more like 170-180 once retailer discounts are applied) for 25 miniatures + LE codex and stuff.
    So this CROWDFUNDED product for the future is comparable (just comparable because there are less miniatures in the Sisters box) to a deluxe uber expensive product from the devilish uber expensive root of all evil Games Workshop? I find that quite telling (and I suppose nobody is gonna argue GW quality is lower than CB's at all because that would be crazy)

#351 Benkei, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  12. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

I will be honest - I was super hyped at the start of the KS. But by now my enthusiasm died down quite a bit. I mean I get it, there are costs and profits to consider, but seeing 20k EUR stretch goals that unlock literally 2 cards or an S1 palbot is very depressing.

I'm still going to back the project (as soon as Kickstarter gets back to me, their payment processor, Stripe, doesn't work for Russian credit cards), because the game looks awesome, not even including the minis, but...

Somebody in this thread wrote that it would be for the best if Corvus Belli revealed all stretch goals, and I agree with that. Or at least bundle up all those card unlocks, to reduce the hype-crushing effect by minimising "boring" stretch goals. Even revealing one "big" SG, like the Outcasts box, would be better (revealing as in the contents and the backed total required to unlock), because you see a cool distant goal and know that there are still more unlocks before it.

yojamesbo and Arkhos94 like this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

The KS barely made 20k since midnight. It's dying already, I don't think there will be a 600k, but I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

14. Spitfire_TheCat

No, but when I read in every second post of this thread the same complaints from the same persons (hardly plural), then I ask myself, why should someone who is obviously not interested or too disappointed to stay interested, constantly complain over and over again?

Maybe I should not have quoted your post, because not every second post of this thread is from you, but ... still.

It's as easy as I put it in my postings:
    CB has to still to make a Profit of it
    If you don't like it or think its not enough, don't buy it
    If you like it or think ist enough, buy it

But don't expect CB to add dozens of minatures for free to reduce the price even more.

15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I would kindly remind you and everybody here that the point of crowdfunding is NOT to make a profit of the product but to manage to release it. This would be fine if it was a regular release, but the entire point is it is a crowdfunding "project" with 0 risks involved for the company.

That would be all

P. D: by the way, that whole "if you are gonna say good things about the product you can post, if you aren't just don't buy it and don't post" argument you have going is kinda revolting

Tristan228 and theradrussian like this.
  16. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I've been reading through this thread more out of curiosity than anything else but it appears you have unresolved beef with CB for reasons I can only guess at.

I mean you could provide constructive criticism for this project instead of mud throwing at every opportunity you find?

17. Spitfire_TheCat

Then read my statement as "CB has to come out +/- Zero in the end." The Boardgame itself is not produced for free, so it's not just the miniatures.

Nah, it's about a) how you voice your criticism and b) how often you voice the same statement.

18. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

I'm left very unexcited by the stretch goals. Would be nice to see some minis that justify getting the KS now and not just buying the general release of them...which given KSs in the past and CB in general, will likely be in stores BEFORE I get my Defiance set.

19. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

So much this.

Also a pitty CB havn't decided to add the option "10$ for access to pledge manager". I guess many infinity players would be interested to get some of the streach goals later on. Sadly, I rather save cash and back CMON's Ankh later this year.

20. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

comparing a high-constrast well painted miniatures, used for hiding miniatures problems, with very plain painted miniatures, don't help to see a good comparison. And I know that those aristeia are bad (my anibal came with his neck outside its place, I have to fix that). But the comparison should be done with the minis without paint

IIRC, CB has said several times that Defiance will not be in stores, no general release for the game. Only the miniatures will get a gereral release, and maybe that would be with different options from the KS. Regarding to see the store releases before than the backers, that is something mainly from CMoN, most other companies cannot allow to do that because they need the publicity from people playing the game and so.

CB could put some characters as add-ons, lots of people would enter with friends to get some of the miniatures

AdmiralJCJF and Arkhos94 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation