1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was this the best summary?

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by ObviousGray, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

And don't forget about NA-2 "assault"! They are true bosses of this customs.

cazboab and theGricks like this.
  2. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

@SKOZZOKONZ exactly!

@Drunkergnom on a shockingly related note, I recall stories about a bioglue in the Soviet Union which could be stirred to remove all the chemicals and binders and leave one with a bit of alcohol.

So once this is all over, let's all meet up at Glorious-Victory-of-the-StateEmpire Bar (formerly Harry's) for some Riotstopper cocktails.

3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

If you count the times they lost to Haqqislam or Ariadna then there's about a dozen, but it seems sort of odd to call the Nomads out on that and no one else...

AdmiralJCJF, Cabaray and theGricks like this.
  4. Drunkergnom

They are not ready for now, yeats didn't eat all sugar.

5. Einhorn

Einhorn Combined Human Aid Delegation

I'm really looking forward to sticking around on Novvy Bangkok, yeah! I even made sure I got the special template for it from Warsenal to commemorate this campaign. Definitely my home now -- especially because they have durians and jackfruit aplenty here!

BTW, if you guys want to talk P-0NY, @Desanges is part of my group locally, hahaha.

nehemiah and Lion Tremere like this.
  6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Hi Everyone,

I do not know why I need to say this and why I need to explain this, but the online campaigns is your place to make your own narrative regardless of the “official” Infinity narrative, allowing you and your community to expand on it.

Be it Honorable Yu Jing players trying to make Novvy Bangkok a safer place and see their efforts be smeared by the media, Nomads hunting down EI forces and their valiant efforts be interpreted as incursions on Aleph territory, or the many other narratives I've read through the reports and on the forums.

What you roleplayed is yours, and will never be taken away from you no matter what the official fluff may be - be it Ponies, the struggles of Danger Rose that I wait to read in every campaign, or the myriad of narratives that are created some of whom carry on throughout the campaigns - including the faction grudges and alliances.

A minor note is that you need to understand that the graphs show only victories, and not defeats. There may be many attempts by a faction, and all of them result in failure it does not mean it will show up in the charts.

In Addition, I would just like to say that everyone has been a little agitated by the most recent update. Please keep in mind that it was written on Friday and reflects the political atmosphere of that and did not incorporate the results over the weekend. Also, let's take a breath and give it a break when it comes to the rhetoric - especially the commentary regarding the portrayal of particular factions and their efforts throughout the campaign. There is going to be a final update, and it will be proportional to your efforts - but it is very hard to keep track of the results when new reports are being submitted every 10 minutes. We are not a big team, and cannot include absolutely everything that happens every minute.

What you're not seeing is the daily updates that our volunteers have been posting daily to keep us abreast of the activities on Novyy Bangkok, and this is just the most recent one. Once the campaign is over and the results are in, there will be a final update that will detail what took place on the Astroidal Colony.

Einhorn, Foxep, Thandar and 5 others like this.
  7. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Maybe we should have been seeing that?

I know the mod team is all voluntary, CB staff have other stuff to do right now, etc, but if someone was given the task of writing a summary of the state of play every few days and it was posted as a potentially unreliable source(the Ariadnan version of Alex Jones, or the PanOceanian Peirs Morgan maybe) it would keep the blog ticking over and allow for minor corrections more easily. Also when the full fluff is written @Interruptor (apologies if I've tagged the wrong person there) could just ignore the parts that break the narrative too much as bias from the journalists etc...

AdmiralJCJF and Savnock like this.
  8. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Okay so at the European Infinity Championships this year, I am -definitely- going to ask the bar to make a mixed drink called the Riotstopper. We just have to decide what's in it now.

Lion Tremere and Errhile like this.
  9. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Thank you for the update @psychoticstorm.

I think it’s easy for our community in the thousands to forget we’re enjoying an experience curated by a very small team. Obviously a lot of that team is also heavily committed working on Defiance, and I can’t wait to see the results of that land in our hands.

I’ll admit the tempo and timing of the update coming on what we expected to be the last day of the campaign threw us for a curveball. Particularly for Yu Jing, we had been clearing our calendars, making promises to family and friends that we really were playing games and not hiding a mistress or heroin addiction. We were going to the mattresses trying to turn Jiyuan Pit around and we thought we’d done it. To whiplash from a feeling of victory represented on a pie chart to an article update saying that we’d shamed ourselves was jarring for a lot of people and we’re sorry that got a little out of control for a second there. Cooler heads quickly prevailed, we realized that wasn’t the final update and we are excited to see that once your team and the fabled “AI historian” have done their magic.

This campaign has been a great experience for me and I’d like to thank everyone that’s had a hand in running it behind the scenes.

10. Drunkergnom

It should be something thick and about 50 percent of alcohol.

Savnock likes this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Needs to leave you glued to the seat!

Savnock likes this.
  12. Drunkergnom

For this you can use БФ-6, soviet medical glue. After some preparations it can be used as drink. But i should warn you - think twice about it, liver can say "Goodbye" after this.

13. Luisjoey

Luisjoey High Marshall of Wotan
    Warcor

They were expecting Panoceania and yujing to fall, but we made them wrong :D a slap on narrative gods

14. Desanges

Desanges Nomad Ne'er Do Well

D: Well I'm certainly glad we raided your B-4RNs all more the now (I will admit @cazboab's original post made me laugh).

It was clearly a group of Nomad wedding guests passing through, which are obviously 10x rowdier than your average Nomads.

15. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

I just realized that thanks to the ingenuity of our Teutonic comrades, the perfect base for this drink already exists:

Glühwein!

https://www.austria.info/uk/things-to-do/food-and-drink/favourite-austrian-recipes/gluehwein

Let's take that and add a bunch of vodka. Job done, the Riotstopper is a drink now.

#35 Savnock, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    xagroth likes this.
  16. OrpheusNXCI

OrpheusNXCI O-12 Task Force Commander

Savnock likes this.
  17. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Why bother?

Just use some warmed-up mead. Kicks in quickly, and leaves you in just a few hours with no after-effects (well, unless you chased it with wine. The headache...) :)

18. Drunkergnom

I can only agree, because Soviet glue was erzatc-drink, popular only during anti-alcohol campain.

19. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

...because we're drinking anyways, and sometimes a theme is fun?

I mean I'm all in favor of just kicking back straight liquor for efficiency's sake, but when gaming it pays to put the breaks on at least a little bit.

#39 Savnock, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  20. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Mead is not straight liquor :)
    What I liked about warmed up mead was you could get very merry very quick, stay there, and once you stopped taking it, it took you about 2 hours to get back to normal, reasonable state :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation