1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Citizen-subjects of the StateEmpire, this is a communication of the Novyy Bangkok Crisis Committee

Discussion in 'IC [In-Character]' started by YueFei23, Oct 2, 2019.

1. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Citizen-subjects of the StateEmpire, this is an official communication of the Novyy Bangkok Crisis Committee

[​IMG]

Our intelligence points to a huge upcoming assault on Jiyuan Open Pit Operations Hub. Please coordinate all your upcoming engagements in defence of this theatre. This territory is key to our ongoing operational success on Novyy Bangkok.

The Ikari company and their NA-2 allies have obstructed our attempts to investigate concealed Shasvastii movements coordinated through Harry's Bar on the main strip. They have been aided in this by Tohaa allies, who attempted unsuccessfully to blockade Jiyuan pit and slandered our intentions on the Main Strip. No doubt the Tohaa and Ikari are trying to protect their own criminal endeavours, but in their greed and treachery they have become complicit in the Shasvastii plot. They are enemies of the people of the Human Sphere and must be defeated.

Citation 1 - Ikari statement of aggression versus our territory
    Citation 2 - Tohaa statement to protect NA-2 territory

During our engagements in the Main Strip we have uncovered trafficking of huge numbers of Shasvastii seed embryos, frequently disguised as fruit shipments. The Shasvastii intend to move these shipments off-world and we have identified key locations that must remain in certain faction hands to prevent their plot from succeeding.

O-12 & Ariadna - XARAKS BATTERY: FIRE CONTROL MODULE
    Aleph - THE GALLERY MAZE: THE CHIMNEYS
    Haqqislam - PAKNGEIN NBIS, THE NB INTERNATIONAL SPACEPORT: TRAFFIC CONTROL OFFICES

While the factions controlling these locations may not be formal allies of Yu Jing and in some cases may be longstanding competitors, all conflicts fought by us in those locations will be conducted with the intention of cementing control of those locations by the named factions. Yu Jing holds the survival of our shared humanity above the petty concerns of territorial or financial ambition and we will fight for it at all costs.

Hsien Agent Yue Fei
    Durian Investigation Unit
    Imperial Service
    Novyy Bangkok Crisis Committee

Attached Files:

2. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

Imperial Agent Fang Kuo "Borlois" here.
    The Empire State as part of mankind, so all the efforts to ensure the survival of the Human Sphere must concern all who consider themselves as human being.
    The Imperial Service will fight in the name of Yu Jing to preserve the safety of mankind.

For the Empire State! For Yu Jing!!
    Loyalty. Duty. Pride.

#2 Borlois, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    ObviousGray, Shiwen, Sedral and 4 others like this.
  3. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

It is refreshing to see the clarity of purpose the Jade Empire forces have here on Novvy Bangkok, with our resolve there's no escape for the enemies of the Human Sphere.

-Liu Sheng, Crane Agent of the Yuándùn Division.

4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

"I am hereby filing a formal complaint to the Concilium about the unilateral decision to inspect my durians! I don't care what inane BS the Yu Jingese are claiming to be able to 'test' my cargo, but I'm losing business. It's hard enough out here to find buyers and now that I have lead times far exceeding the industry standard, business is down 76.3% from last cycle. And it's not just me. My colleagues in the industry are all seeing similar declines.

If O-12 decides not to step in, we will have to take matters into our own hands. Since I seem to have an overabundance of durians I can't sell, perhaps they'll make nice makeup as I smash them into your overbearing faces!!"

- Edward Iverson
    durian trader, entrepreneur, regular hooman, head of the local fruit traders coalition

5. SpectralOwl

Dear Mr. Iverson;
    While PanOceania is no friend of Yu Jing, I am inclined to agree with their measures taken to inspect your goods. After all, the Human Edge, composed as it is of numerous small asteroid and station habitats, is probably not the best market for a fruit that smells strongly of rotting corpses and Novyy Bangkok is located several days out of the way of any planet which would have an interest. Routine use of the facilities there to ship fresh produce is exceedingly suspicious, and if legitimate likely leads to much of your stock rotting before it reaches its destination. I would also ask that you kindly refrain from throwing your inventory at Yu Jing officials; the rest of us have to talk with those officials on a regular basis and the smell would be horrific. Especially on the off chance that they are right about the fruit being filled with alien babies.
    From "Spectral Owl"
    Identity concealed for protection.

[OOC: For anyone who hasn't encountered the durian in the wild, someone once brought one into my university for lunch and the place was evacuated. Bringing one onto a space habitat would probably get your lunch and your person ejected from an airlock by your neighbours.]

6. YueFei23

YueFei23 Durian Inspector

Mr Iverson, the appetite of certain segments of the Yu Jing population for Durian is both voracious and inexplicable to other cultures. This is something we share with many non Yu Jing denizens of Novyy Bangkok. We thank you and your colleagues in the industry for meeting this legitimate demand.

Unfortunately, several things about the interstellar Durian trade make it perfect cover for smuggling operations. There is the overpowering odour of the overripe fruit, the need for refrigeration in transit, the high demand, high price and ultimately the unwillingness of the less sophisticated nations of the human sphere to properly inspect something they find distasteful.

It is important to note that the activities of the Imperial Service are often misunderstood and mischaracterized. We exist because the survival of Yu Jing and the broader human race requires a keen eye and a keener intuition to excise the plots that seek to undermine us. We have the sensors, biometric scanners and expertise to uncover these schemes and we have the conviction to go where nobody else will go and do what must be done.

We are here to protect your legitimate business and your customers. If you grant us access and full manifests of your cargo you will be safe. If you are hiding something we will find it and we will use our considerable expertise and resources to bring you to justice. If you try to stall us in our investigations, be aware of what is at risk and that we will not be stopped. Threatening us is not wise.

Hsien Agent Yue Fei
    Durian Investigation Unit
    Imperial Service
    Novyy Bangkok Crisis Committee

7. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

As a member of the Haqqislam nation, I have to agree: indeed, it is inexplicable. We can only hope PanO will not try to top you by bringing in some traditional Swedish surströmming. Though, to be honest, I must say we don't have much hope.

YueFei23 likes this.
  8. OrpheusNXCI

OrpheusNXCI O-12 Task Force Commander

Your complaint has been received, Mr. Iverson. After reviewing the relevant details, and having been authorized and mandated by Bureau Aegis to act as a peackeeping officer on Novyy Bangkok, I must announce the conclusion of my inquest in the matter.

I find there to be sufficient probable cause for YuJing State Empire forces to conduct inspections on your particular wares, given their similar appearance to the seedpods and spawn eggs utilized by Shasvastii forces. Having experienced combat with these particular species, seen their regenerative methods, and having also had the misfortune of being served durian during a diplomatic mission to the State Empire several years ago, I can attest that these pods look similar, if not identical. In addition, we deem the cut in your profit, while lamentable, to be less important than the security and integrity of the Human Sphere in these trying times. The needs of many, after all.

Please do not interfere with authorized O-12 representatives. I also caution you against taking matters into your own hands. We wouldn't want a normal, regular human like yourself to be the subject of an insurgency investigation, would we?

9. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

"I can't believe what I'm hearing... the regular citizenry of the sphere will hear of this! I've sent transcripts of this conversation to reporters from all the major networks. I'm simply expressing my frustration. Then, both the State Empire and O-12 itself point a gun to my head and have the audacity to threaten me?! Is a little durian in your face that offensive that it must be met with live ammunition? I know it's an acquired taste (jellified zombie flesh takes a while to get used to after all), but this is too much!

Calling all my durian trading and loving brothers, sisters, and others in arms! Rise up!! Do not let the oppressors tear into your livelihoods! Any durians you can't sell will become the exterior paint of any Yu Jing or O-12 buildings! FILM EVERYTHING!!! Disseminate any and all atrocities to the major outlets!"

-Edward Iverson
    durian trader, entrepreneur, regular hooman, instigator of the durian riots of 2194

(OOC: the jellified zombie flesh comment courtesy of one of my students)

Sedral, Foxep, SpectralOwl and 6 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation