1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PanOceania in N4

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Is this Bostria hinting that Pan O is getting put OOP as he always intended? No need for an updated support box if the faction is gone...

As I only play ASA I'm just going to echo the calls for updates on Rao and Singh. They're both really cool models and I'd love a reason to use them. Especially Singh, he's the only recognisably Indian mini in the range, seems a shame the only representation of such a big part of the Acon population isn't really worth using.

theradrussian and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

When did Bostria want to put PanO OOP? ;)

About that support pack - it sounds like there will be a philosophy change, and PanO will be at the forefront of it. It might be both good or bad.

3. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Well, Pan O was a mistake [emoji14]

It could be a hint at a new way of packaging to combat SKU bloat. Bigger boxes, maybe a scrapping of the 6 man starter and a move towards boxes like the JSA and Spiral boxes for every army. The USARF starter has already been discontinued so you can only get it in the army box.

The 6 man boxes haven't ever really made sense as a starter force so changing them to be more intuitive to new players would be very welcome.

Hecaton and csjarrat like this.
  4. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

OOh, maybe PanO's Doctors and Engineers are being replaced by next-generation REMs?
    At lest they'll be WIP 13 if that were the case.

Pinky, theradrussian and AngryPanda like this.
  5. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

Feuerbach auxbot is a lovely idea, I want that ^^
    Heavy weapon on auxbot is the PanO way

AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Deletion of generic Machinist for a transision of this role into main MI core units of PanO (Bagh-Mari, Bolts, Kamaus(?), suck it up MO) ?

theradrussian likes this.
  7. Seraphin

Seraphin Well-Known Member

Or Father-Engineer will become Father-Knight (Engineer) having some Kaplan-style gear and retaining it's basic profile. And maybe becoming full wildcard instead of OS link member. But this won't ever happen :P

AdmiralJCJF, Berithh and eciu like this.
  8. Werekill

Werekill Well-Known Member

On this note, I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Vanilla starters become actual starters, with them including support pack, dronbots, etc. Stuff that works across sectorials and will always be used.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  9. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Now THAT would be a real miracle!

csjarrat and theradrussian like this.
  10. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

I've said it for a while, the best way to combat SKU bloat is to do 300pt boxes for all factions. Wrap up loads of skus into one box and have a few bits and bobs like the "beyond" boxes and blisters as extras

Judge Dredd likes this.
  11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Wow we ran out of ideas quite fast.....

12. SpectralOwl

Well, gotta show that WIP -1.

I think most of PanO is just fairly happy with what we have, and it's fairly easy to summarise favoured additions. NCA, ASA and Varuna are all great, MO is fluffy and most things people want in it are easy to summarise (Smoke, Better Teutons, An End To Spec. Sgts) and nobody plays Vanilla at all so there's nobody to complain!

borisgreymenace likes this.
  13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

<MO untermensch here ;P>

theradrussian likes this.
  14. AdmiralJCJF

A lot of our minor niggles are far more major issues elsewhere.

For example, the CC tax pushing up the price of Order Sergeants is far more significant in Yu Jing and solving it for them will also help us.

Superfluid likes this.
  15. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Eh, vanilla Yu-Jing is more than capable of 20 orders at 300pts, so I'm not really able to agree here.

Re valuing arm, re valuing BS on the basis that skills give equivalent benefits for less (BS literally protects you, as does mimetism for less price than a +3 BS bump).

16. AdmiralJCJF

Your objection is nonsensical.

Their ability to get to 20 orders (dubious in a viable Vanilla list) is irrelevant the point that CC is an issue, it's what breaks the Order Sergeant, and Yu Jing have a better chance of getting it fixed than we do.

But, assuming it gets fixed, we'll still benefit.

17. theradrussian

The zanshi CC tax issue is a non-issue if given their lack of sectorial (okay, NA2 for the contrarians), they will only be used in vanilla YJ and said vanilla YJ still doesn't have issue with order counts. Order sgts are never taken in vanilla, but also have a sectorial built on the premise of them being the basic infantry.

I do agree that YJ will likely see it fixed before us though, because past evidence shows a lack of will on the team to deal with the mess here.

18. SpectralOwl

IA has Zhanshi too, and their order count issue is worse than MO if they aren't going REM spam or Zuyong.

19. theradrussian

You mean, aside from tacical sense and NCo on profiles that don't cost 2SWC?

20. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I was thinking a lot about the Father Knight – wouldn't it be a cool fix if they just switched his assault out for Berserk. That would give him a unique role, he would useful and still true to the flavor.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation