1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to Nomads in AB

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by ObviousGray, Sep 26, 2019.

1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Simple is that; so far I know they're among the most famous faction. But in AB they seems to be.. a.. little off.

Where are they gone? :o

2. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen Pano? WiseKensai has at least been active in posting propaganda...but Pano just like Kurage have appeared to drop off the edge of the galaxy.

3. Captain927

Captain927 Shotguns and Scotch Runs.

unless a faction is prominant in the storyline for the campaign, it easy to fall to the side. interest plays a part as well. In Kurage, Yu-Jing, JSA, and Ariadna were the main players with a smaller sideline of Nomads and Aleph. Makes sense, it takes place on Dawn and has to do with the JSA uprising. Here, its O-12. Ariadna is riding off the high of Kurage, Coldfront, etc and is paired with O-12. I appreciate that Haqq has gone against the norm to really stand out this campaign. It's pushed the faction to the forefront of some storylines too. I'm surprised that NA-2 isnt a larger story from the RP side being that Novvy Bangkok is Ikari base, but as has been mentioned in one of the other threads, if difficult for 5 or 6 Merc groups to keep their identity when they are all lumped together as one.

xagroth, Danger Rose, Cabaray and 4 others like this.
  4. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the rest of them, but I've been in the top 5 for Nomads the last few campaigns and have switch this year for a couple of reasons:
    1. New O12 models
    2. Faction fatigue (been playing with Nomads almost exclusively for quite a while)
    3. Tired of the same action with no extra fluff, campaign after campaign (I.e Aleph attacking Nomads.)
    4. Narrative seems to hate nomads (I.e. Wotan we held the station phase 1 from attacks on both sections, and then phase 2 it was destroyed. Kurage we held the node at the end but got punished because Aleph took it during the week. There doesn't feel like there's a reward for winning if you're nomads)

Its a bit soul destroying in these campaigns when the IC board seems like everybody hating on nomads while we have PanO and Ariadna making alliances too.

xagroth, tifus, nazroth and 1 other person like this.
  5. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

If you think that's bad in kurage CA took one of the nomad stations on day 2 for a few hours, not even an honourable mention!

6. ObviousGray

And everyone is against Yu Jing like always btw. We are struggling to make some good reputations, so far there was no fruits - maybe people like JSA more due to its cultural something. :d

7. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

We should make a nomad yu Jing alliance next year.

Nomads is by far the best group to be in. What they lack in hitting power and all the above, they make up for in fun and humour.

Combined army definately need a boost of some type to be an actual threat.

YueFei23 likes this.
  8. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Yes it does. Yes it does...

Thandar, xagroth, Cothel and 3 others like this.
  9. SpectralOwl

I can at least say the PanOceanian low profile is probably just a forum thing; most announcements and propaganda appear on @AdmiralJCJF 's Heart of the Hyperpower blog. In addition, we've been on defense until this weekend against the decentralised NA2 so there hasn't been much opportunity for attention-grabbing IC stuff there. I've got no idea what's happening with the Nomads, they were very lively during Kurage when I played on their side.

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Haqqislam still does support you!

11. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I don't consider this forum a useful, worthwhile or meaningful communications channel.

If I did I'd post things here.

12. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Guys... We're right here...

(but yeah been saying so since flamestrike)

13. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

Overshadowed by other nations' wars.

14. Garak

Garak Member

I've been joking that the core Haqq players should go CA next year. Just to help out and make things fun.

15. Durian Khaar

Durian Khaar It's clubbering time...
    Warcor

Would you not spoil the beans beforehand? We wanted to surprise and shock everybody :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Melchior and theGricks like this.
  16. Garak

Garak Member

Sorry. Got a bit excited.

Melchior and theGricks like this.
  17. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

OMG SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Melchior and tifus like this.
  18. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

Well, we Nomads certainly exist... @ObviousGray can you elaborate on what you mean by us being a little off?

19. ObviousGray

Nothing complex. Nomads' scores were lower than Tohaa when I posted this stuff, so I was wondering about their low number of games despite having a lot of commanders.

20. WiseKensai

WiseKensai Rogue Interventor
    Warcor

Ah. Yeah, we generally have a lot of lurking commanders. I suspect they were excited for Nazroth's excellent memes and BromadPropaganda content this year, but he's been busy this year with his personal life and was unable to participate... so they got me instead.

I think the usual suspects that play a ton of games were unavailable this year for whatever reason. I know my home and work life have prevented me from getting many games in, so I imagine it's the same for most of our other commanders. And losing @Kiwi Steve and his excellent battle reports was no help either! :)

ObviousGray likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation